Breastfeeding pics - Curious

Options

Replies

• OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    its more for awareness.

What do you mean?

Alot of breastfeeding Mothers will post pix of them breastfeeding their child on FB because in mass sometimes, there types of photos get flagged at nudity and get removed by the FB admins.

But, pix of almost naked people are allowed to be up.

So, they post for awareness sometimes. There are even whole groups dedicated to it and they stage dates where they all post them over a short amount of time.

Who in the world is unaware of breastfeeding?

I understand but you would be amazed at some of the stories you will read from those FB pages of Mothers who were asked to LEAVE stores just because they were breastfeed.

As well as scores an scores of women who have their pictures blocked and deleted by FB when total smut is allowed.

That's where the awareness comes in.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    its more for awareness.

What do you mean?

Alot of breastfeeding Mothers will post pix of them breastfeeding their child on FB because in mass sometimes, there types of photos get flagged at nudity and get removed by the FB admins.

So, they post for awareness sometimes. There are even whole groups dedicated to it and they stage dates where they all post them over a short amount of time.

I understand but you would be amazed at some of the stories you will read from those FB pages of Mothers who were asked to LEAVE stores just because they were breastfeed.

As well as scores an scores of women who have their pictures blocked and deleted by FB when total smut is allowed.

That's shocking.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

That's shocking.

But true.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options

As for the facebook picture, yeah I don't know why she would post that and think her friends would want to see it... ?

Meh, I don't really like reading about my friend's drama with her ex-husband, but it's her Facebook page to post what she likes.

Reading something, and seeing something is different though and i think it should be treated that way.

Ok, I don't really like seeing people's nasty feet in their vacation photos. Or seeing someone with a beer in one hand making out at a club. Again, it's their page, not mine.

That's great. None of that involves a girl showing her tits while a kids sucking on it. Yes it's natural, yes it's their right, but some things should be kept private especially when you're posting it on Facebook where everyone can see.

Anyways our opinions obviously don't agree so let's move on.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My wife is breast feeding, and if we're out she will use a
    small blanket to cover up, or go out and sit in the Jeep.
    What ever she feels comfortable doing at the time.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    For myself, I would post a pic of my daughters nursing if it was taken from someone else's viewpoint. After all, all you would really see is me cuddling my daughter. The look of love and trust on my daughters face is not something I would share with the rest of the world.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    its more for awareness.

What do you mean?

Thank you!
    Its about rights.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options

This is completely fine to me. Blanket, towel, what ever.
  • KerrieJane86
    KerrieJane86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I personally think it's a great thing!

I think it is crazy how FB takes down pictures of people breastfeeding.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    As long as its really a baby and not yet able to ask for it with words, it doesn't bother me.
  • Bilbobradshaw
    Bilbobradshaw Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think half the posts people make to facebook are stupid and totally unnecessary, but if it's "their page" then it's their choice. I think it's pretty tacky that you'd stalk an old friend only to post a disapproving thread about her on a totally unrelated forum. BUT. YOUR THREAD, YOUR CHOICE. So. There you go.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

This is completely fine to me. Blanket, towel, what ever.

My son HATED that. Do you want a blanket over your face while you're eating? You can nurse without covering the baby's face without the entire breast showing.
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have posted pics of my kids nursing because they look cute and peaceful and it's something they do quite often. It's my own FB and I share pics and stories of my life; which occasionally includes nursing. My friends usually can relate or if it's a funny pic, they laugh. None of my friends have ever had an issue. If someone were to have an issue with it, they could delete me, hide my posts or block me. It seems kind of silly to be so disturbed over seeing a baby eat, though and that wouldn't be my issue or my baby's, it would be their own hangups.
    Everybody puts whatever is important to them on their own FB :)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I was always too embarassed to do it without covering up BUT was secretly jealous of the women that could. It is such a beautiful, natural thing... I am proud of the women that are comfortable enough with their bodies to display this.

Funny how we Americans pride ourselves on being so civilized and forward-thinking, but something as natural as a mother breastfeeding her child can become something dirty.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    The more women seen breastfeeding in public the sooner people will stop thinking about it as anything other than normal. It is only in the so called "civilised" world that it is seen as provocative or disgusting.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    To me, breast feeding is a very natural thing and beautiful thing. But for a woman to post it on facebook, she wants attention, negative or positive, she is clearly trying to be noticed..... very different, IMO, than a mother breast feeding in public. I think what your "ex friend" did is tacky and uncalled for.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's just a baby eating. Natural, yes, but no more "beautiful" than a baby eating cheerios off the tray of its highchair. The bigger a deal we make of it, the more people will have something to react negatively to.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I have a picture of me breastfeeding my son, and if facebook was around then I might have posted it. It's not like my boob was hanging out. I feed my kids while I was out. Never had anything said to me in a negative way. It can be done in a tasteful (use of a blanket while getting them attached) way.

I think it is an amazing thing.....All a baby needs is her mother's body....Amazing!! :smile:

So to answer your question.....not a biggie!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it. It's a beautiful part of life and I see no reason to shelter people from seeing it. I like seeing the pics. I shared one of my own as well.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Post away if you're comfortable. Acting as if it is something shameful or in need of hiding sexualizes something that isn't, and I find THAT to be A LOT creepier than a baby eating from something that is acting exactly as it is designed to for that baby.