Juice Fast / Cleanse

Options
13»

Replies

• adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I have succeeded with a smart diet and regular exercise. I've lost 70 pounds and I'm healthier than ever. This question wasn't about going on a permanent or even a lengthy juice "diet." It's about trying a short fast/cleanse, something I've never done but want to try, for various reasons. I've had great success with MFP and have met many helpful people. It's very sad to see people coming on these forums just trying to be mean, rude and contrary. If what I'm trying isn't for you, that's cool... but I'm not you. Thanks to all those who have offered helpful suggestions!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

If you start a juice fast, I recommend starting over the weekend or when you have a couple of days to rest. The first and second days are really hard on your body because your body is trying to get rid of toxins, so it makes you have a headache and feel weak...snip

What toxins?
  • resilience1908
    resilience1908 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    All of the crap we have eaten over the years contributes toxins to our body. WE know how it feels to eat better once we have consumed food that is not healthy. We are sluggish, irritable, tired, right? Well even when you are eating right and eating well you still have toxins coming from your food. So this juice fast helps rid your body of some of those toxins. After those toxins left my body, I literally felt like I could do backflips.

I wish you the best in your cleanse. By the way, sometimes people just need to slow down and juice just to get their healthy eating back on track. Sometimes I take a weekend just to find my cravings for fruits and veggies after I have eaten poorly for several weeks in a row.

At any rate, don't judge people. This is about positivity and motivation. The man just asked for some recommendations.
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I recently posted about alternate day juice fasting and got nothing but ridicule...... I put it on the general message boards. Anyone know how I can remove it?
  • jopalis
    Options
    I have an Omega masticating juicer. I had a Jack La Lane when I first started but found it to be too messy, too hard to clean up and I read that the centrifugal ones destroy some of the nutrients... Not sure true or not. If you are not trying to lose weight...pic doesn't look like you need to. Why not just add a couple of juicings to your day. Too many young people have unhealthy body image and eating habits. Take care of yourself. Be healthy...
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    All of the crap we have eaten over the years contributes toxins to our body. WE know how it feels to eat better once we have consumed food that is not healthy. We are sluggish, irritable, tired, right? Well even when you are eating right and eating well you still have toxins coming from your food. So this juice fast helps rid your body of some of those toxins. After those toxins left my body, I literally felt like I could do backflips.

I wish you the best in your cleanse. By the way, sometimes people just need to slow down and juice just to get their healthy eating back on track. Sometimes I take a weekend just to find my cravings for fruits and veggies after I have eaten poorly for several weeks in a row.

At any rate, don't judge people. This is about positivity and motivation. The man just asked for some recommendations.
    Oh those toxins. I didn't know what you meant because I forgot about those ones since I rid myself of them by hopping on one leg all day once a month. The next month I do the other leg.
    It's all about balance.
  • jopalis
    Options
    Amen to that. Congratulations on striving to get healthier in a method that works for you. You have done really well.... Gotta try to ignore the negative onslaught....