Weigh raw egg with or without shell?

Options

Replies

• Radiskull
    Radiskull Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I only weigh what I eat............................

egg shells and banana peels tastes so good.............with enough hot sauce

I just laughed so hard I almost spit out my drink! :laugh:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    It's also important for females to weigh out the egg that is released during ovulation, that way they know how much to subtract during a weekly weigh in.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I only weigh what I eat............................

egg shells and banana peels tastes so good.............with enough hot sauce

I just laughed so hard I almost spit out my drink! :laugh:

my bad I'll try harder next time, projectile liquid is a goal of mine
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It's also important for females to weigh out the egg that is released during ovulation, that way they know how much to subtract during a weekly weigh in.

OMG NEARLY DIED! HAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    No, I get why you'd want to weigh your eggs, I mean, some packs come in mixed sizes, and different countries have different sizes. The database entry lists small, medium, large, extra large and jumbo. What I buy as medium or large here correlates to the large or extra large in the database.
    Personally, I just match up my egg carton data to the closest nutrition by picking whatever size comes closest to what my pack says. But yeah, shell weight's negligible.

Edit; don't weigh what you won't eat with food.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

OMG NEARLY DIED! HAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • alexialea
    alexialea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can't believe how *****y you all are! It's a completely valid question! And one I think a lot of people wonder about, including myself. Well done for being accurate with food amounts! That's what gets results week after week. :)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I want to weigh my eggs (using the egg - raw) and was wondering if I weigh them with the shell and input that or do I weigh the liquid inside after breaking them?

Same question for bananas - raw: is this with or without the peel?

Put a bowl on the scale, zero it out, crack eggs into bowl.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Honestly you are overthinking it. Just eat the egg and log it as 1 egg ( large,jumbo,medium etc.) I also weigh out food but I don't worry about the weight of an egg. Worry about the measurements that will make a big difference (peanut butter, oil, butter, etc) its way easier to add say an extra 100 calories of those things than say an "egg". I am not mocking you at all either I'm just saying sometimes people really make things harder than they really need to be.
  • claudialenz711
    Options
    I haven't weighed eggs before but I plan to with my latest batch of eggs that a family friend brought over which are all different sizes.

How about picking an averaged size of the lot as a base and log it as 1.5 servings if you eat a large one ;) No nutritional value is 100% accurate no matter how precise you weigh and log your foods.

Main thing is you enjoy your eggs ;)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Strong resurrection
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    yeah, I just go with the egg listing in the data base, compared it to my egg carton info to make sure we were talking about the same size egg, and it matched up so I just use that

don't make it harder than it has to be
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'd say that since an egg shell weighs something like one megabajillinth of an ounce, you might not need to seriously worry about it.
    As for the banana, that is a bit easier to weigh without the peel, but I think you might be better off just logging in the 'banana, large, medium, small etc.'

By the way, have you ever watched the show MONK?
    ^^^ this... LoL
  • dylanmartinbrady
    dylanmartinbrady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Biggest facepalm ever.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9k1byis2q1qj5e8po1_500.gif
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Biggest facepalm ever.
    I think it competes with "Do I just put the egg in the pot, then turn the heat up?" (add some water too, dear)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...because...

...uh...

...I'm just in...

...totally in.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed eggs before but I plan to with my latest batch of eggs that a family friend brought over which are all different sizes.

Aaaah, that makes sense. I have chickens who lay a variety of sizes. To be honest, I just use the generic "farm fresh, pasture raised egg" and figure it averages out. But, if you are wanting to be more specific, I've also done this:

Bantam egg (silkies, etc.): medium egg
    Smallish-medium standard sized egg: large egg
    Largish standard sized egg: extra large egg

I also have ducks, and log those as just "duck egg, generic". They are fattier than chicken eggs and have a higher albumen content.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Strong resurrection

Grrrr, I didn't even notice it was a zombie thread! That'll teach me for trying to be all helpful and whatnot :grumble:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Can't believe how *****y you all are! It's a completely valid question! And one I think a lot of people wonder about, including myself. Well done for being accurate with food amounts! That's what gets results week after week. :)

You are 10 months late in coming to the rescue hun. And most people gave great answers....they just also have a sense of humor and delivered those answers best befitting them. :flowerforyou: