How often do you weigh yourelf?

Options
124»

Replies

• know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself everyday. I only log my weight on here once I go down a couple pounds that I know I won't likely gain back.
  • cruciia
    cruciia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, and that's perfectly okay as long as you don't take it to heart if you're up 0.5kg! But I only log in weight loss on MFP when there is a significant change.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    every morning, I know I shouldnt be I also know Im not the only one. I do it because I have medical probs that cause slower weight loss and Im on medication that makes me gain weight so I like to keep a tight reign on it, I only "weigh in" once or twice a week at most depending on how much Ive dropped.
  • Britbratkins3
    Options
    10 times a day... I know it is bad. I'm working on it, but It is much better than what I used to do while fighting an eating disorder.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning. Don't want to freak myself out with the normal fluctuations of body weight :)
  • stepise
    Options
    once a month is not enough
  • Yani51
    Yani51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Every time I walk into the bathroom and the scales stare up at me I jump on them, naked or clothed, for no particular reason other than obsession & curiosity. However I only log Monday mornings (dry weight & naked) to see how well I behaved over the weekend and again on Thursday mornings to record my real progress.
    FWIW, I also record the same, bi-weekly, weigh-ins on an excel spreadsheet with notes to explain why my weight loss slowed, rose or dropped off a cliff at times. This also helps keep me motivated because I have goal lines across the sheet and it's great to see them getting closer each month.
  • FattyWantADoughnut
    Options
    Twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night.
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I try to do an official weigh at least once a week. I always weigh myself at my gym just to see what's going on but I only do an official update once a week.
  • sqq54
    sqq54 Posts: 1
    Options
    Every Friday morning, right before the weekend starts!
  • 192orbust
    Options
    Every morning and I set end of month weight goals.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I generally weight myself every morning, but I only record once every week or even every 2 weeks. Weighing every day doesn't discourage me, but then, I am a nerd, and I actually find it fascinating what fluctuations my body goes through day to day, and how what I eat affects that. I am my own personal science experiment. :)