Breakfast at work

Options

Replies

• ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have part of my breakfast every day, at work (usually I would also have a yogurt at home, before leaving)
    Most time I take BelVita biscuits.
    Any morning biscuits would work, not a sweet thing, about 250 calories, full of good carbs, keeps me full. I can just buy a 6-pack and store it at work. It is just simple and clean to eat.

Other times I bring a small sandwhich, with cream cheese and cucumber or cheese and a little bit of ham; sometimes I use a wrap, not bread.
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks? Brownies - the ones with beans, so you get more protein? Check some of the healthy recipe sites for make-ahead ones that don't require refrigeration. An insulated lunch bag would give you all sorts of options (and they have some really cute ones now).
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    a packet of peanut butter (they sell them in those single serving packs or you can put a tablespoon or two in a small tupperware), 1 or 1/2 a bagel, a small carton of "shelf milk" (doesn't spoil), a piece of fruit, granola bars.

Or a cheese, egg, and tomato sandwich. Make it up before you go, wrap it in foil and it should be good for 1-2 hours before you eat it.

Good luck and be creative. Also you don't have to pack breakfast food..if it's easier pack a "lunch" for breakfast. Just concentrate on what your nutritional needs are.
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Why can't you bring an insulated lunch box with an ice pack?

Granola bars, banana's, grapes, most fruits don't need to be refrigerated. You don't have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. If your specifically looking for protein you could have a protein shake.

bump, That's the one, an insulated bag all the time. I have cereal bars and nuts in my draw (not salted ones) and I take fruit too.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Get up 30 minutes early and eat breakfast at home.

That might work for some people, but not so much for others. I would honestly need to get up a couple of hours early in order to be able to actually prepare nutritious food in the a.m. It takes me a good two hours to be fully alert.

Sounds like an excuse, not a reason. But, maybe I don't understand the question. I get up a 4:30am. Workout. Then make breakfast. Then, go to work. Why is making breakfast in the morning not an option. I do not understand.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Get up 30 minutes early and eat breakfast at home.

That might work for some people, but not so much for others. I would honestly need to get up a couple of hours early in order to be able to actually prepare nutritious food in the a.m. It takes me a good two hours to be fully alert.

Sounds like an excuse, not a reason. But, maybe I don't understand the question. I get up a 4:30am. Workout. Then make breakfast. Then, go to work. Why is making breakfast in the morning not an option. I do not understand.

LOL....I don't understand why you don't understand. I am at my best in the evenings. When I was younger, I used to work nights and slept all morning. It only makes sense to design your schedule around what works for you. I have weekends off, so it makes sense to me to spend more time cooking when I have all the time in the world and plenty of energy. If I got up at 4:30, then I would have to be in bed by 8:30pm. :laugh:

It's ok if you don't want to bake on the weekends, but I enjoy it. If that's an excuse, then so be it. My lifestyle works for me, and for my family. And my baked oatmeal with hemp seeds fits my macros perfectly. Why would I change my lifestyle just because you can't understand it? I wouldn't ask you to exercise in the evenings. :huh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    And peeking at your diary, I noticed that you like mushy oatmeal instead of chewy/crunchy oatmeal. That's definitely something I can't understand. Is that an excuse to avoid baking? :laugh:

:smokin:
  • loveyourbutt
    Options
    For early mornings at school I love to make prune brownies (full of fiber and deliciousness!) and then I bring a fruit for a couple hours later. It's a good breakfast.
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I now work at home, but when I was in the office I always ate breakfast at my desk. Greek yogurt is great & filling, sometimes I would mix i cereal for crunch. If you have access to a microwave I would make eggs, Hungry Girl has a lot of great egg in a mug recipes, add in a 100 calorie english muffin or pita and you have a filling breakfast. My goal at every meal is to make sure I have protein and a complex carb so it will keep me satisfied for a few hours.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Prepare something the night before. You could take a couple boiled eggs, some granola, string cheese, some raisins and nuts, a protein bar and some fruit. If you make an effort to prepare the night before, I think you will be surprised at what you can be satisfied with at work.
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have brought refrigerator oatmeal to work and it stayed cool (not cold) on it's own for about 3 hours before I got a chance to eat it-it's not going to spoil in that time.
    I also sometimes bring a packet or baggie or tupperware container of dried oatmeal with some honey or dried fruit or jam, then when I get a chance, add hot water from the bubbler.
    Power bars/granola bars are always good to have on hand just in case.
    Peanut butter & jelly on whole wheat.
    Peanut butter on graham crackers with half a banana.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    You could have leftovers from last night's dinner. You don't have to stick to breakfast foods.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I leave home at 7:15am for my commute to uni. I'm usually on campus by 8:45am, which is when I eat breakfast. I bring yogurt, fruit, homemade granola bars, baked oatmeal, or breakfast cookies (like these: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-breakfast-cookie/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=breakfast cookie&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page). I don't use an insulated bag or anything and my yogurt survives just fine
  • Dfowlis
    Options
    Go with fruit. Banana or apples are great choices.
  • chubbybaker3
    chubbybaker3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats! You put them together at night in a small jar or whatever, and then just grab and go in the morning! Here's a link with a really great basic recipe that you can customize and add your own flavors. I usually add some mashed banana and peanut butter. Sometimes even some cocoa. Super good and easy!

http://rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com/overnight-oats/
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    egg whites with syrup
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    And peeking at your diary, I noticed that you like mushy oatmeal instead of chewy/crunchy oatmeal. That's definitely something I can't understand. Is that an excuse to avoid baking? :laugh:

You are completely missing my point. Totally missing it. So, I give up. Eating in the morning is all I'm talking about. it doesn't matter what. You don't have to bake. Do something else. Eggs. Cheese. Biscuit. Toast with peanut butter. Anything. Why can't that be done???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I understand you are not a morning person. But again, thats a bullsh*t excuse, not a reason. Anyone can get up early. Anyone. Saying, "I can't do it" is lame.

That's all. I'm out of this because it seems silly to me. Get your *kitten* up and eat. It's that simple.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

You are completely missing my point. Totally missing it. So, I give up. Eating in the morning is all I'm talking about. it doesn't matter what. You don't have to bake. Do something else. Eggs. Cheese. Biscuit. Toast with peanut butter. Anything. Why can't that be done???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I understand you are not a morning person. But again, thats a bullsh*t excuse, not a reason. Anyone can get up early. Anyone. Saying, "I can't do it" is lame.

That's all. I'm out of this because it seems silly to me. Get your *kitten* up and eat. It's that simple.

Did you read the OP? Mine was the very first comment. I was offering the OP a suggestion for something good to take to work for breakfast. I'm not sure what you're tripping on right now. Why are you hating on baked oatmeal? :huh:

ETA: And don't tell me what to do! I can choose my own breakfast, just like I can comment on a thread about what *I* do for breakfast at work, when someone posts a thread asking that question. It's called having respect for fellow members of this community. Sheesh!
  • ChanyL
    ChanyL Posts: 41
    Options
    If you like oatmeal and don't have time to cook some in the morning, stop by McDonald's . The Fruit & Maple Oatmeal with Brown Sugar , 255g size is 315 calories.

Do you have a microwave at your job? If so, you could prepare some vegetable and cheese omelette, divided in portions. You could warm up a portion when you get to work.
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I use the Sara Lee 45 & delightful multigrain bread toast two slices with peanut butter and some fruit or special k bar. That starts my morning of well then have a mid morning snack. :smile: