Breakfast at work

Options

Replies

• kim8306
    Options
    I too get to work early and I personally do a lot of grab and go items during the week; however I make sure to cook a full breakfast on the weekend. A couple of items that work for me; fruit (various), almonds, protein bars/cereal bars (nature valley has excellent ones and I actually like the ones by special K as well), boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels, Quaker oatmeal to go (the apple/walnut is amazing), belvita cookies (awesome), string cheese, fruit smoothies, etc. There are many grab and go items; especially if your office has a microwave. Good luck!!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I keep egg beaters at work. I microwave in a large bowl and add w.w. mexican cheese. Later on, I eat almonds as my morning snack. I use to eat instant oatmeal, but it just didn't fill me up and I was hungry all morning.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I usually opt for something quick, fruit, bagel. Bagel's dunked in yogurt is really good. lol
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I take yogurt and Kashi Go Lean Crunch. I put yogurt in my lunch bag with an icepack and it keeps at least an hour until I get to work. Very filling and not too high in calories if you get 0% yogurt.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I eat before I go to work in the morning.

Sometimes I eat a banana and a protein shake. Sometimes I eat a piece of bread with peanut butter and a bit of nutella and a protein shake. I would like to make scrambled eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast but I don't wake up early enough.

I have also prepared things beforehand. I made these little egg muffins... I lined muffin tins with a slice of bacon each, then cracked an egg inside them with a little bit of cheese, and then baked them. They were yummy little things. I made a bunch and stored them in a tupperware container in the fridge and took a few out in the morning and popped them in the microwave.

And how long of a commute do you have to where it would spoil before you get there? Things don't really spoil that fast. I have gone to the gym in the morning leaving my house at 5:30 and then arriving at work around 7:45-8pm with my lunch (perishable items included) sitting in my car the entire time.
  • nytweetie
    Options
    While driving to work you can have a 100 cal protein shake like Designer Whey and then when you get to work, oatmeal or if your job has a cafeteria like mine, you can get egg whites.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i make a breakfast protein shake that i really love. 1/2 of oatmeal, 8 ounces of almond milk, a scoop of protein powder (i prefer chocolate, but vanilla is fine), a banana, and a tablespoon or two of peanut butter. throw it in the blender and leave it in the fridge over night!!

its a solid 600 calories shake in the proportions i gave you. you could probably do half, lol.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    my go-to breakfasts are larabars or green smoothies (w/ice it will stay cool)
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Yogurt will not spoil. I have left yogurt in my lunch bag and eaten it at 3:00 pm and never got sick. Something about yogurt, I guess. Although I knew I was pushing my luck, I have tried it at least twice.
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have a light multigrain english muffin with a single large egg. I've cooked the eggs on Sunday night and just pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds and throw it on the english muffin....but since I do this at home I find it just as easy to drop an egg in the frying pan while I wait for the toaster. I don't think anything could be more work-appropriate than a small egg sandwich. If you need it to be more filling you could use a bagel and add a slice of cheese and a bit of turkey bacon or ham.

I also take an insulated bag to work with a yogurt and a piece of fruit for a mid-morning snack and my lunchtime salad.
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I dig fridge oatmeal :flowerforyou:
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Baked oatmeal FTW! I add either hemp protein powder or hemp seeds to mine. It's perfect for my macros as well as for satiety.

And it's "grab and go" because I make a 13X9 pan of them and put them in portioned baggies/foil. :flowerforyou:

ooh sounds good, can you please provide a recipe for this? thanks
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I keep egg beaters at work. I microwave in a large bowl and add w.w. mexican cheese. Later on, I eat almonds as my morning snack. I use to eat instant oatmeal, but it just didn't fill me up and I was hungry all morning.

Can you please explain what exactly are egg beaters. I have seen them mentioned a few times and I have never heard of them. thanks !
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yogurt totoally wont spoil by the time you get to work (I had an hour and a half commute when I started bringing it to work with me). Keep some honey and yummy granola at work (like pumpkin fig or cranberry peach or something) and grab a chobani and an apple and run to work. Dribble honey and granola on it. I like to add pecans and walnuts or raspberries or espresso beans and stuff. Its amazing and totalyl filling!

296519_10152292115295107_1880322588_n.jpg
    423630_10152307398545107_1046333362_n.jpg
    582696_10152289934495107_1848807263_n.jpg
    394532_10152267666785107_35646619_n.jpg
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I usually eat one of the following:

Chobani Greek Yogurt (I love pineapple)

1/2 cup of cottage cheese and 1/4 cup of whole raw almonds on top

Nature Valley protein bar 10g
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    yogurt totoally wont spoil by the time you get to work (I had an hour and a half commute when I started bringing it to work with me). Keep some honey and yummy granola at work (like pumpkin fig or cranberry peach or something) and grab a chobani and an apple and run to work. Dribble honey and granola on it. I like to add pecans and walnuts or raspberries or espresso beans and stuff. Its amazing and totalyl filling!

296519_10152292115295107_1880322588_n.jpg
    423630_10152307398545107_1046333362_n.jpg
    582696_10152289934495107_1848807263_n.jpg
    394532_10152267666785107_35646619_n.jpg

Woe, those look amazingly good.

Time to go grab my Fage Cherry Pomegranate greek yogurt from the work fridge...
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I bring greek yogurt to work nearly every morning and have that and some fruit for breakfast. I know you said yogurt would spoil, but I have to say, I'm in Cuba and I've had my yogurt in the back of a patrol unit in the 90 degree humidity for hours on end-and it wasn't spoiled...either that or I have a really strong stomach and my expectations of food have gone way down. Anyway, greek yogurt-high in protein and filling.
  • blessed0910
    Options
    fruit totally skipped my mind!!!! a banana and a protein shake would be awesome.. I'm worried a drink won't fill me but it's worth a try, I was considering UP&GO's

I use 12 oz of unsweetened almond milk, one scoop of protein powder, 1 cup to 1 1/2 of froozen strawberries and blend. It makes a big protein shake that is yummy. I usually start drinking it as I drive to work. I also sometimes do oatmeal already heat it up and then when I get to work I just add my cinnamon, splenda, and my protein drink minus the fruit! All these are usually around 300 calories or under.
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    http://fitandtoneforlife.blogspot.com/p/healthy-recipes.html

I have posted a ton of healthy breakfast recipes that are easy to make.. I have 3 kids so I know what it's like to be in a rush in the morning. Sometimes I will prepare my breakfast at night and store it in the fridge so I can just grab it on my way out the door when I have to get my son on the bus or on the weekends when we have soccer early Saturday mornings. I then just have a snack 2 hours later before lunch.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I make myself sandwhiches and bring them with me to reheat.

Two: multi-grain Thomas's english muffins, one fried egg white (split between both) and a slice of deli turkey (again split between the two) I can't believe it's not butter or avacado (depending on workout plans for the day) - pepper to taste. Wrap them in foil to keep as warm as you can.

If I do a morning workout I eat one on the way too the office in the car, otherwise I re-heat them once at the office...tasty, they're even good once they've cooled off. Also agreed...you don't have to eat breakfast food in the morning.