Started 30 Day Shred today! Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• MDeniseMur
    MDeniseMur Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Are you supposed to do it everyday, 7 days a week?
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Did first day level 1 today- what other exercise do people do? cos 20 mins of this is not enough, although i may disagree with that tomoz.

Also is anyone doing the levels for longer? i think im going to do level one for 2 weeks (10 days as 2 days a week off)
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I"m with you!
  • TheBlowersDaughter
    Options
    I'm going to level 2 tomorrow!
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    Did 10 days of level 1 but im dreading level 2! Think I will do level 1 one more time today then start level 2 tomorrow! Pray for me yall!! LoL
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    I just started 30day shred today. Did good for the most part had to slow down on some moves but I'll get there! Add me if you want.
  • hberries420
    Options
    I would love to start this program. But, (don't laugh at me) I am scared. Not only overweight but not even close to fit. Should I even go for it? Anyone else similar to me go through this?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Are you supposed to do it everyday, 7 days a week?

No. Some people do that, but they are missing out on muscle growth if they do and risk injury.

Personally, I am doing it three days a week. Jillian recommends two days of 30ds, then a day of light cardio, then a recovery day and repeat.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I would love to start this program. But, (don't laugh at me) I am scared. Not only overweight but not even close to fit. Should I even go for it? Anyone else similar to me go through this?

I just finished the couch to 5k program before beginning this one. I am certain that I would not have had the endurance to do 30ds if I hadn't done that first. I suggest you try it once and see how you feel. Some people say they can't get past the warm-up, but I don't consider myself very fit, (CW: 225 lbs) and I am able to do this. Try it.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Just finished up day 6 :)
  • crzybeautiful11
    Options
    Today is day 7 for me. I'm finding Level 1 to be not especially challenging for me, although I do sweat my butt off. Looking forward to Level 2 in a few days.
    I absolutely dread ..... hearing her voice

^^Haha, this! My husband and I laugh that I'm working out with "that b****" again.

And, you really can't beat a 20 minute workout. It makes it a lot harder to bog out.

Lol we say the same thing in my house, he actually cringes when he sees me getting ready to workout with any of her videos. He tried the shred once and couldnt make it through!
  • crzybeautiful11
    Options

When I did 30DS the first time around I hadn't worked out, or even done much of anything for a LONG time. I was 8 months post partum, and gained 60+lbs during pregnancy, so needless to say, I was far from fit as well.

Don't be scared! Jillian has a wonderful way of making you feel at ease (a bit of sarcasm lol) but once you get into it you'll probably enjoy it! I lost 17lbs my first round, and I struggled through some of the moves, did them slowly and did less reps than her girls, and still had awesome results!

Add me if you'd like :smile:
  • ac_missy
    Options
    I want to do the 30 day shred, but on Tuesdays and Thursdays i go to my gym, they offer a 1 hour book camp class. will it be too much if i do the boot camp and the 30day shred?
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I did day 3 today! I'm always up for new friends for support =)
  • cubouldergirl
    Options
    Just started today! Totally kicked my *kitten*! Level 1 Day 1 Complete :D
  • GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Started once and gave up straight away. I'll try and attempt day One again tonight and if not then tomorrow for sure!!
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yes! My very first DAY2 after so many attempts at starting. Man - was my fat butt making excuses to me... "You cleaned all day! It's late! You had company! Just count your cleaning as a workout... treat yo'self!"

But, I kicked my own butt and did it at 10:30pm! WHOOP WHOOP! I hope it gets easier cuz I just want to punch her in the face. I'm really not violent, but tonight went I was doing the punch segment I had a slight thrill of imagining myself punching her. It's a love/hate thing.
  • hberries420
    Options
    Thanks for the love! I am at a gym now and I do fine. Jillian just intimidates me. haha. Thank you all for the advice!
  • smexyaddie
    Options
    i'm starting day 2 today but i over ate :( anyway feel free to add me! :) let's do this together :) then ripped in 30 :)
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What's your schedule going to look like for this? I'm thinking I will do 2 days on 1 day off (well - still do something else for day off). I'm reading it wasn't intended to do it like I was planning on doing it (every single day, lol!). Also - what lb. weights is everyone using? Today is my "off" day. Going to my kid's last cross country meet of the year, and I usually take about 13k steps running to cheer them on and take pictures, lol.