Replies

• martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I need to give a pint everyday!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Tried to donate today, but I couldn't :( I ate well all day, drank tons of water, watched the tv and concentrated on breathing deeply, but I barely got 1/4 of the bag and I nearly passed out. Ghost white, black spots all over my vision and I was sweating more then than after a session at the gym!

I can try again 12/12. Any additional tips?

It was nice, though, there was a constant flow of others coming in to donate while I was there.

It sounds like you did everything you could (depending on your definition of well -- it's encouraged to eat something LIGHT before donating). I would try donating again. If it's a one-time thing, awesome. If it turns out that you're just a fainter and shouldn't donate, at least you know you tried.
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Hiya!
    Unfortunately I cannot donate due to a very rare blood cancerous disorder ( one in a million in ppl )
    I have a rare blood group too plus other conditions regarding blood ( typical of me to be awkward lol )
    I want to say a big thank you to people who donate blood as its a massive help, I am exhausted after my treatment as others would be too but a very big thank you and to others who either do not give blood or won't... Just imagine yourself in a place like myself and others, it only takes up to a hour to give blood but it can save lives x
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Na thanks, i like it when my blood is IN my body, where it's supposed to be.
    Bruce Almighty!
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Where do we go to donate? I'm kinda scared.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lzjv0pxDAi1qir083o1_500.gif
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder. I need to donate soon!
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I've been donating and never realized I was burning calories in the process lol. Awesome!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I took 3 snickers bars and lit them on fire....burned in 7 minutes....woot woot!
  • lottichar
    lottichar Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to donate blood but can't at the moment because of medication I'm on. However they told me last time that if I was ill after donating again then I'd not be allowed to donate any more :( It's not that I'm seriously ill afterwards - I'm fine once I get out of the donation centre, I'm just petrified of needles and it makes me feel woozy being around them! I suck it up and donate anyway but the panic they get when they see in my notes "was ill after" and the big deal they make of it makes it a lot more frightening and harder to stay calm enough to actually go through with it! And being laughed at and asked why I am there then if I try to explain makes it embarrassing and not a nice experience, but it is always the same team doing it in my area and I'll be moving soon so I hope I will get more sympathetic nurses when I'm in a new area. Regardless of all this it is a wonderful thing to do and I will try my best to keep doing it once I am taken off medication and hope that everyone else who is able to do so will do it.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I tried to give blood but I'm too small :(