What's your "go-to" meal when you have no calories left?

Options
Yep - it's 3pm and I'm sitting here with 92 calories left for the day. Swore I'd be back on track today, but a surprise family outing to a pizza buffet came up. I tried to behave... but even then still consumed TOO MUCH.

What do YOU do at this point? Just water and tea for the rest of the day? Air popped pop corn? Celery only? I could get out for a walk with the kids and maybe burn a few more calories - but would love other ideas?

Replies

• Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and pickles, relatively low cal and filling/tasty

mashed cauliflower and seasoning-ridiculously low cal and filling

Or really, if you ate a lot of pizza, it's probably good to burn some calories first
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Low cal bread with a microwaved egg on it. Or tuna with celery and Miracle Whip Lite. I wouldn't starve myself though, and would probably just go over by a couple hundred calories.

Edit: Typos, typos...
  • moonspells27
    moonspells27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    egg white omelette
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Well, it it's REALLY late at night, I go to bed ........ otherwise, I get up off the couch & do some more exercise !
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    - Fat free cottage cheese
    - Boiled egg whites
    - Organic raisins
    - Fruit
    - Life cereal with a little skim milk

Or a combination of some of those. :)
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You can eat tons of cucumbers and dill pickels. Asparagus is terrific and extremely low calorie. Weight Watchers string cheese is only 50 cals per stick. Mixed salad greens with balsamic vinegar (not vinegarette) can fill you up for few cals. Better yet, get some major exercise in to earn more room.
  • BH_Holl
    BH_Holl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry, I workout to earn some more calories. What will usually happen is that my workout will kill my appetite for a bit and then I can eat something reasonable when it returns (usually cottage cheese and a fruit).
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    egg white omelette + spinach and tomato

Miso soup + grilled tofu

Cottage cheese + fruit and honey

I eat these on rest days when I've budgeted poorly.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna in water over a ton of lettuce with fat free mayo diluted with fat free milk for dressing.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Get out and walk with the kids, then you can have some more. Drink a couple of glasses of water when you get back. Then if you are still hungry, eat something that fits or almost fits. I like the cottage cheese and fruit idea. One of my favorite go to meals.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Im not sure Ive ever gotten that low.......

Sorry Im off no help but you have given me something to think about
  • jgsparks89
    jgsparks89 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    1. Exercise and gain yourself some calories back.
    2. In general, budget your calories so you can have real meals at regular intervals throughout the day (in my experience if you don't do it, it leads to binging)
    3. My go to would have to be a salad loaded with veggies with a very light tough of dressing, some boiled egg or protein on top and a piece of fruit (usually all for under 320 cal)
  • Wrreck
    Wrreck Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Steamed fresh veggies, if you don't have that a full can of green beans is really low-cal.
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Steamed veggies with soysauce on top. Delicious.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Plain nonfat Greek yogurt with blueberries.

If I need something with MAXIMUM filling power per calorie, I'll go for steamed broccoli. It's not the tastiest stuff in the world (especially by itself) but it fills me up like woah.

Exercising to earn 100 more calories is also an option worth considering. 100 calories aren't THAT hard to burn, after all.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Yep - it's 3pm and I'm sitting here with 92 calories left for the day. Swore I'd be back on track today, but a surprise family outing to a pizza buffet came up. I tried to behave... but even then still consumed TOO MUCH.

What do YOU do at this point? Just water and tea for the rest of the day? Air popped pop corn? Celery only? I could get out for a walk with the kids and maybe burn a few more calories - but would love other ideas?

Hit the gym (or work out at home with soe cardio) and work on allowing yourself more calories and still hit that deficit. I suggest hot protein. Or hot anything, really.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    Crab sticks are 16 calories a piece. Mixed bean sprouts are filling and 70 cals for a half cup with some garlic salt. Microwaved sugar snaps or snow peas with garlic salt.
  • slincoln2007
    Options
    I have to plan ahead usually when I know I will be eating out. Pizza is THE WORST thing you can have when you are dieting! (you know that!). Next time, order a salad and still enjoy your time when your family. But, we all have set backs...and I would
    1) go for a long walk to burn as much as I could off
    2) have a packet of no sugar oatmeal with agave honey or plain greek yogurt with agave...both have good carbs and protein that will make you feel satiated beyond just a couple of hours.
  • OzzyPam
    OzzyPam Posts: 25
    Options
    Exercise, no question asked, I'm serious about loosing weight so If I'm in for a family food day, I exercise more before I go, then again after... Even if it's just walking half way home. Planning is the key to all achievements, good luck in the future and plan well :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'd just eat, probably something light like a sandwich if I had a big lunch, but I'd eat. One day over won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things.