What's your "go-to" meal when you have no calories left?

Options

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Spinach salad with strawberries and raspberry vinagrette. If the vinagrette doesn't fit into the calories... use lemond juice :)
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Somebody mentioned vegetables. Ohhh yeah. Ive grown to absolutely love lemon juice drizzled over almost ANY vegie including potatoes, snap peas, green beans, et al. I love it and it seems to settle my appetite particularly if Im over hungry and tempted to over eat.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I was getting there today... low on calories...
    I just got back for walking/jogging for 40 minutes.
    I will eat light now and exercise again a bit later... :)
    Then I will have enough left for a snack!

Get some exercise, it is wroth it!

On another note for some light ideas:
    large salad with lots of veggies and light dressing (no cheese or fat free cheese)
    cottage cheese (fat free)
    fresh fruits and/or veggies
    eggbeaters with sauteed veggies and kraft fat free slices

I'll tell you... I can sautee a BUNCH of veggies, mixed in 3 servings of eggbeaters and a couple slices of fat free cheese and have one hell of a large meal for about 150 calories! (3 servings of eggbeaters=75 cal / 2 slices ff cheese=50 cal / veggies vary by type and amount but they are generally low for large amounts)
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like zuchini - sliced up raw or you can zap it in the microwave for about 60 seconds. I also like rcabbage again either raw or cooked. Both are very low in calories!!
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    egg white omelette + spinach and tomato

Miso soup + grilled tofu

Cottage cheese + fruit and honey

I eat these on rest days when I've budgeted poorly.

• fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I would eat small portions the rest of the day and keep it really clean. Maybe some grilled chicken and veggies for dinner. You will most likely go over a couple hundred calories - but don't panic seeing that red number! Instead, tomorrow cut off whatever calories you went over from your allowed caloric intake. It shouldn't be too hard to do if tomorrow you keep your eating super clean and lean :) You can also take that walk with your family! That sounds like fun!

I don't recommend forcing yourself to only drink tea the rest of the day. By 9 PM you could be STARVING and end up binging super late.

Remember, even if you go a couple hundred calories over your allowed intake, you're probably still at a caloric deficit. If you're set to lose a pound a week MFP has you at a 500 calorie deficit. If you go over by 200 calories, you're still under for the day!
  • gracieabem
    Options
    Unless I was genuinely not hungry by dinner (unlikely!) I would just have a light meal. Examples for me would be a tuna/chicken/egg and salad wrap or just the salad and protein, or some steamed veges with some protein.

I'm not really into exercising because I have no more calories, because I like to see exercise as something I enjoy, not as negative reinforcement. Sure, maybe I'd take the dogs out for another walk because that gives me pleasure, but there is no way I'm going to start cramming in extra workouts because I ate some pizza.
  • Eeyores
    Eeyores Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Huge Salad with fat free cottage cheese... : )
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I'd just eat, probably something light like a sandwich if I had a big lunch, but I'd eat. One day over won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

I agree if you are hungry eat
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    fresh veggies, milk, yogurt:happy:
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Well, it it's REALLY late at night, I go to bed ........ otherwise, I get up off the couch & do some more exercise !

this
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yes, you could do some exercise. I would not starve, personally - I say take a nice walk, and accept that you may go over your target for the day. This is something you are in for the long haul, right?

You can pick up tomorrow - it's not just today - it's what happens the next three days that count... if it's just one meal I think it's ok.

Have lots of water to flush out everything - not as a replacement for food but your system will thank you for it.

Good luck and happy weekend!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    What I do at this point is accept that I won't stay under today and eat a normal dinner. Sometimes it happens. Nothing to punish yourself over.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    If its only 3pm and u've only got 92cals left YOU BETTER GO EARN SOME MORE. Go for a brisk walk...hop on a treadmill....you want to eat, you have to earn it. Other than that, I like to eat baby carrots when I just MUST have something.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    I would exercise but if you do not want to here are some recipes for eating under 100 calories:

http://www.fatsecret.com/recipes/collections/nutrition/low-calorie/under-100-calorie/Soups.aspx
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I'd go for a long bike ride and get an extra 300 calories and have a good dinner.
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well you said it was only 3pm. Which means I'm reading this and it's about 4:20 your time or so. Go exercise!!! Head out for a job. Go play frisbee in the park. Earn some more calories. The day is young!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Low cal bread with a microwaved egg on it. Or tuna with celery and Miracle Whip Lite. I wouldn't starve myself though, and would probably just go over by a couple hundred calories.

Edit: Typos, typos...

When I'm hungry, I just go over. I have no problem going over... I just try to make sure that my choices when I go over are high protein because that's what does best for my satiety. I've been known to eat tuna out of the can or a protein shake for a near 100 calorie snack that helps keep me full.
  • 57Candy
    Options
    I take a 30 to 40 minute walk and that gives me approx 150-175 calories that I can enjoy later. Have some tuna fish with a tsp of mayo and some mustard, mmm.....