What's your "go-to" meal when you have no calories left?

Options

Replies

• argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My roasted broccoli recipe:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/704251-roasted-broccoli-my-favorite-recipe-simple-and-yummy

It's 92 calories and SO YUMMY, and SO FILLING.

Then I eat a little Fage 0% with some sugar free jam to fill me up the rest of the way with some protein. Hope this helps!
  • Kanlassak
    Kanlassak Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Generally, exercise of some variety to get more calories, but if I'm too sore/tired/busy, either vegetable soup or a salad with balsamic vinegar instead of dressing.

But if I was under yesterday, or know I will be under tomorrow, I go ahead and eat and just make sure that the whole week averages out to a deficit.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk to burn an extra 1-200 cals, and then have a protein shake or protein bar, because they fill me up usually for the rest of the evening.
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I would probably go for a brisk walk, and have some fat free cottage cheese followed by a warm nice tea, or maybe some boiled cabbage ridiculously low in calories, I also like to have half a tuna can (in water) with lots of chopped tomatoes and some more veggies with fat free cottage cheese as dressing. However, I wouldn't bother too much about the calories if you are hungry, the important thing is try to make a good average of calories at the end of the week, if today you eat too much try to cut in calories a bit tomorrow.
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Go play with your kids and tucker them out so they go to bed early plus you burned calories!
  • semira6
    semira6 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brennsie
    Options
    I'd still go for a walk just to burn a few more calories and give yourself some wiggle room. Then, I would have a salad with lime dressing. (lime dressing: olive oil, squeezed lime, grate a little bit of the lime peel in as well, salt and pepper to taste - tasty and low calorie compared to many other dressings out there)
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Excellent question cuz I have no calories left! That early in the day, you will definitely need protein to keep you from feeling hungry. I ate too many of my day's calories at a birthday party today. I will earn back some exercise calories because it's still early. Otherwise, the joke around here is: It's bedtime because I'm out of calories!

My go to was a hard boiled egg.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It is pretty rare for me to be hungry if I have eaten all my calories.

When it has happened, it's usually a lack of protein, so that usually means a yogurt smoothie.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Since you said it was only 3pm, I would say do something active that you enjoy to give yourself a little more wiggle room. Then try to stay within 200 calories of the new target. I bet you have other days with deficits so one a little over won't be a big issue unless you make it one in your mind. But on days I know I have a splurge I tend to eat lots of veggies at other meals, maximum fullness for fewest calories, I love veggies so it doesn't feel like a punishment. I also have instant miso soup that is only about 25 calories per cup and that with some veggies fills me up, it's high in sodium though, so I try not to have it too often.
  • 20tulipgirl20
    Options
    I will usually jog for a little to add some "extra" calories. I love protein bars with some crystal light, it makes me full and not munchy!! Also, hummus is pretty good with raw veggies.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    run some stairs. I did that when I went over the other day......
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    :) Eat a good 500 calorie meal anyways, and start over tomorrow.
    Options
    You know what's good...low sodium turkey sandwich meat rolled in romain lettuce leaves. You've got the protein that fills you and the lettuce got the crunch we all love. You'll feel satisfied & stay within your calories !
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    30 mins cycling can give me around 500-600 calories if I'm keeping up a good pace.
    That, maybe take the dog for a run rather than a walk as well and we're back on track.

Sadly recently it's been these at 11pm to make up for over-eating through the day.

Low calorie jelly (jello if you're in the US) is pretty good - just beware it's basically water so while it fills you up, its your bladder it'll end up in! 32 calories for a pint of it!
    Just seen somewhere suggesting mixing in some protein powder (I've done skim milk in the past).

If I wanted a 'proper' meal and am short on calories, a Kershaws Chicken dinner ready meal weighs 400g and is only 240calories.
    It's not the most amazing taste in the world, but not much beats it on a taste per calorie per gram kinda thing.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    i would have one of these......
    low sugar oatmeal packet.....120 cals
    fiber one bar..........90 cals
    air popped popcorn....100 cals
    fruit
    progresso light soup....100 cals
  • countessvonfangbang
    Options
    tuna with brown mustard (~100) or spinach with a 1 teaspoon of sesame oil + soy sauce + siriacha for dressing (~70)
  • jangyxox
    Options
    Miso soup with litle bit of tofu or steamed vegetables.
    Smoothie made with 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, lots of spinach and frozen mixed berries and I add about 1/2-1cup of water to bulk it out so I feel fuller longer :-)

In saying that, usually I will just eat something substantial if I am hungry and if I go over the net calories I try to bring it down the next day by creating bigger deficit.
  • breeh1993
    breeh1993 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cucumber and tomato in brown vinegar, almost no calories but I always feel fuller after it.
  • LethalBeauty
    Options
    Fruits & Veggies.
    Plums: 30 cal/each
    Kiwi: 50 cal/each
    Tomato: 30 cal/each
    Bell pepper: 30 cal/each
    Cucumber: 40 cal/each

I wont list very many because pretty much every fruit/veggy is low cal. except of course avocado which is super high cal (and tasty, ahah)

Pretty much everyday I eat rice wraps (filled with veggies & salsa). rice paper is so low cal. and i usually have a couple pickles with it. andddd some tea.

you can make some sugar-free jello.

You should check this out!:
    Food under 50 cals:
    http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/50-tasty-foods-under-50-calories?page=14