30 lbs challenge

Options

Replies

• Slim140
    Slim140 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think i will skip the mini bagels and blueberry spread this week. I have been eating that in the morning out of habit. Maybe I'll start just having the coffee with the creamer and eventually give up the creamer or vice versa...give up the creamer for now. I think this is where most of my bad calories are coming from.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Count me in! 30 lbs would put me at 136.. my ugw is somewhere between 135-140 lbs anyways :-)

I let myself hover around the 170s for waay too long - now I need to take the initiative to just get there!
  • kerrid72
    kerrid72 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Didn't see the weigh in until now. I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning if that's OK. I'll change it to Monday mornings for next week. :)
  • hi09
    hi09 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just got setup here - im 247lb M 32 years 5'11. Quit smoking 1 year ago and packed on about 15 lbs. I started healthy lifestyle in January of this year and lost 20 lbs. But sure enough packed it back on again - so here i go again.
  • Slim140
    Options
    I didnt do so well on the scale..gained 3 lbs. probably the weight training..hope to do better next week.
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    You can count me in!!! Lost my first 30 now I need to lose about 40 more to get to my first goal weight. After I reach 200lbs I'll decide where I want to be from there!!! I just started 30Day shred a week ago. I'm on Level 1 day 4 right now. I do it about 3x's a week. I have a toddler so in between my non 30day shred I take her out for walks.
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i started at 186 and today i weighed in at 179.6 and my end goal is about 150. so ya, 30lbs is where i want to me.

feel free to add me as a friend on here
    also, follow my blog!
    http://caixgettingskinny.blogspot.com/
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I did my weigh in this morning, I'm down 4.4lbs since October 1st, not overly happy about it but I guess but I guess an average of 1.46lbs a week is okay. I changed my weight loss goals from losing 2lbs a week to 1 1/2lbs a week (for now, I might change it to lost 1lb a week when snow sets in.)

I really need motivation booster. I have set a couple mini goals for myself.
    My birthday is in just over 5 weeks so I'm hoping to lose 9-10lbs.
    I'm trying to drink more water than I have been. I'm up to drinking 6-8 cups a day.
    I'm going to try harder to lower my sodium intake.

I've been considering getting a gym membership for a month or something but I'm not sure. I have next to no motivation at home, so getting a gym membership until warm weather comes back might be a good thing.
  • sheepiegail
    sheepiegail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    any chance to still get in on this challenge?? I really need motivation since I keep losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. Would be nice to be held accountable and see what I am doing wrong.
  • kerrid72
    Options
    Did do so hot this past week but still trucking along. Pretty much held steady at 177. Went up to 177.6 so guess I'm just staying put right now. More water and more exercise this week!! :)
  • Slim140
    Options
    All are still welcome. Kerri...maybe next week you will see a drop. Just up the water intake and exercise.

I am not doing so well. I got so discouraged last night that I ate an extra yogurt before I went to sleep. I think I am having too many healthy snacks. I am done with the mini bagels at home so now it will be just coffee in the morning then a breakfast of egg beaters and some cheese and a glass of 1% milk, then my salad and an apple for lunch.

I dont know if I am gaining weight because of the weight training..but I am up 3 lbs!!!!! very depressing after lifting weights 3x a week and hiking 5X for an hour and eating under 1700 cal. Just not right.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    any chance to still get in on this challenge?? I really need motivation since I keep losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. Would be nice to be held accountable and see what I am doing wrong.

For sure. There is also a group I made where we weigh in every week and have some discussion. Feel free to join anytime, as it is just a 30lb challenge group and we haven't put a "time limit" on it. Mostly just want to see positive results each week.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9153-30-pound-challenge
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yes yes and yes! Same goals, same calorie intake. I'm in!! 30 is my goal. Also hoping to lose 5 by the EOM.
  • aubriemedina
    aubriemedina Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im totally in! We at the same weight working towards the same goal! My birthday is in January and as a present to myself I want to reach my goal!!

Anyone feel free to add me! We can motivate eachother!!
  • kerrid72
    Options
    Slim140... make sure you're taking measurements too. Last year I had hit a plateau and wasn't seeing anything on the scales even though I was working my butt off but I was feeling a difference in my clothes so I know I was losing inches. Hang in there! You're doing great!!
  • JaniseNikolic
    JaniseNikolic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have just lost 28 in 100 days! I have 42 to go....so thirty is another milestone! I figure it will probably take me a little longer than 100 days though because it slows the closer you get right?
  • akd4015
    Options
    I would like to join this 30 lbs challenge. I just signed up on myfitnesspal yesterday, after a relative told me about it. I plan to log in every day, adhere to my daily calorie limit, and get in four workouts per week (20 minutes each).
  • mercymarque
    Options
    Good luck. I would like to lose 30 pounds by February. I weigh 174.8 accourding to the scale this morning. I want to really focus on my abs or lack there of. I do cardio and strengh training. I also hit the 12 minute ab circuit. I'm not sure if I should continue with the cardio and continue to lose prior to focusing on my abdominal area.
  • WhiteJasmineMint
    Options
    i'm in ....
    at 180.2 ...
    would love to see 150 !!!
  • Slim140
    Options
    Today was the first day without the mini bagels and blueberry spread...it has been a habit of mine for a very long time and it was ok not to have it...my total calories were reduced and today i finally saw a reduction on the scale.