Ripped in 30 Starting on October 15th. Any Takers?

Options

Replies

• CooperA1979
    CooperA1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Moved onto L3 this morning and OMG! This one is a killer although it's nice to do a different routine.

Takes a while to get used to the new moves but I'll get there! You know this workout is going to be intense ny the fact she used the weights in the warm-up!

Good luck to everyone moving onto L4 this week :-)
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ive been using my own music as well! :)
  • Peaches516
    Peaches516 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, that's a good idea! I'll have to use my own music.

I took today off. I think I overdid it this weekend. I did Jillian's workouts plus I went salsa dancing, which is a serious calorie burn, and ended up feeling so achy and cranky that BF told me to go to bed early, haha! I didn't even dance for as long as I normally would have, because those duck walks made my thighs so sore that it hurt to dance! Oh, Jillian, it's exactly like what Wade said. Gotta love to hate her.
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Whew. Week 4 is a beast! But its another good one!
  • wade78
    wade78 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Whew. Week 4 is a beast! But its another good one!

Oh dear God! I start week 4 tomorrow!
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I think Im gonna start ripped in 30 today. Today is the last day of the shred!

How is it? Have you guys seen any difference in your body? What kind of equipment do you need?
  • wade78
    Options
    I think Im gonna start ripped in 30 today. Today is the last day of the shred!

How is it? Have you guys seen any difference in your body? What kind of equipment do you need?

Hey, I've noticed a difference in my body and I've lost about 5lbs. I will measure at the end and post results. All you need is a mat and some weights and you are good to go.
  • wade78
    Options
    hi folks. did level 4 for the first time yesterday. it was hard but the transition from level 3 to 4 wasnt that huge.
  • Peaches516
    Options
    I like Level 4. No more duck walks! Hopefully my arms will look better!

What are you guys planning to do after Ripped in 30? Do you know if Jillian has another 30 day workout? I've already done the 30 Day Shred, so looking for something new.
  • annietntgetfit
    Options
    I started RI30 mid-October. I'm on level 3 day 3 today. I'm trying to do each level at least 6 -7 times before moving on and I'm also incorporating 1 rest day per week and 1-2 run days. So it will probably end up taking 40 or so days to finish, but that's fine with me.

The progress is not straightforward at all so I'm sort of waiting til I finish to make any comparisons or judgements. My weight went up a few lbs at first and hasn't really dropped back down and I've seen no weight loss on the scale at all. However, my clothes are not tighter and if anything may be a tiiiny bit looser. I think that more reflects water fluctuations more than true fat loss though. I have been trying to make sure to eat a balanced diet and keep my calories in my weight loss range, but haven't been 100% successful with that. And some day I can tell my body really needs some extra food!! (Also just started a job on my feet all day, which may also be contributing). I DO think I am getting more fit overall. Yesterday I ran 3 miles in under 27 mins, which is a personal best for me.

Level 1 wasn't too too hard.
    Level 2 was a *****. I have weak arms and core and that's basically all it was. So glad to have moved on!
    Level 3 is really hard but I like it a little more than 2. I have pretty strong legs but I was limping at work last Friday from soreness. I don't come close to doing the entire set of duck walks without a break. Ouch!!

It's frustrating when the results aren't *instant* but I have decided not to worry about the outcome and just commit to giving 100% to each workout and finishing the DVD.
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Save for later
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Im on level 1 day 4 today! Jealous of you guys who are in week 3&4 already :'(
  • Peaches516
    Options
    I started RI30 mid-October. I'm on level 3 day 3 today. I'm trying to do each level at least 6 -7 times before moving on and I'm also incorporating 1 rest day per week and 1-2 run days. So it will probably end up taking 40 or so days to finish, but that's fine with me.

The progress is not straightforward at all so I'm sort of waiting til I finish to make any comparisons or judgements. My weight went up a few lbs at first and hasn't really dropped back down and I've seen no weight loss on the scale at all. However, my clothes are not tighter and if anything may be a tiiiny bit looser. I think that more reflects water fluctuations more than true fat loss though. I have been trying to make sure to eat a balanced diet and keep my calories in my weight loss range, but haven't been 100% successful with that. And some day I can tell my body really needs some extra food!! (Also just started a job on my feet all day, which may also be contributing). I DO think I am getting more fit overall. Yesterday I ran 3 miles in under 27 mins, which is a personal best for me.

Level 1 wasn't too too hard.
    Level 2 was a *****. I have weak arms and core and that's basically all it was. So glad to have moved on!
    Level 3 is really hard but I like it a little more than 2. I have pretty strong legs but I was limping at work last Friday from soreness. I don't come close to doing the entire set of duck walks without a break. Ouch!!

It's frustrating when the results aren't *instant* but I have decided not to worry about the outcome and just commit to giving 100% to each workout and finishing the DVD.

Don't be discouraged! I'll bet you're getting more fit even if you can't tell. Your clothes are looser, and you ran a personal best (congratulations!), so those are indicators right off the bat that you're work-outs are working! I couldn't tell any difference, either, until a co-worker who I hadn't seen in four months said I had lost weight. I'm sure you're doing much better than you think you are. Also, given that you're able to run a 9 minute mile, you're already probably in pretty good shape, so it might take more work to get your body to lose more.
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I will be starting this in about 2 or 3 weeks. Can't do it now, bc I'm having surgery tomorrow.
  • CooperA1979
    Options
    Week 4, Day 1 for me after work. So glad to have finished Week 3!

After Ripped I am going to do a programme apparently devised by Jillian called slimdown in 30. It uses her 30DS, BFBM and NMTZ DVDs and it is a really good workout programme. I did it before my wedding in March and I was amazed at how it toned me up :-) I have posted below in case any of you are interested? Quick Trouble Zones is workouts 1-4

I have lent my 30DS DVD to a friend so have just changed it to the RI30 programme instead.

Monday 19th November - Ripped: Week 1
    Tuesday 20th November – Ripped: Week 1
    Wednesday 21st November - No More Trouble Zones
    Thursday 22nd November - Ripped: Week1
    Friday 23rd November - Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Saturday 24th November - Quick Trouble Zones
    Sunday 25th November - OFF!

Monday 26th November - Ripped: Week 1
    Tuesday 27th November - Ripped: Week 2
    Wednesday 28th November - Quick Trouble Zones
    Thursday 29th November - Ripped: Week 2
    Friday 30th November - Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Saturday 1st December - No More Trouble Zones
    Sunday 2nd December - OFF!

Monday 3rd December – Ripped: Week 1 & Quick Trouble Zones
    Tuesday 4th December – Ripped: Week 2
    Wednesday 5th December - No More Trouble Zones
    Thursday 6th December – Ripped: Weeks 1 & 2
    Friday 7th December – No More Trouble Zones
    Saturday 8th December – Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Sunday 9th December - OFF!

Monday 10th December – Ripped: Weeks 2 & 1
    Tuesday 11th December - Quick Trouble Zones
    Wednesday 12th December - Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Thursday 13th December - Quick Trouble Zones & Ripped: Week 2
    Friday 14th December - OFF!
  • wade78
    Options
    Hi ladies and gents, hope all is well. I've decided to restart week 4 as I couldnt work out since Friday because some idiots decided to break into my house and work has been crazy. So I'm starting week 4 again today.

Hope you are doing well with the workouts!
  • CooperA1979
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your break-in Wade.

Good luck with restarting W4, just 4 more days to go for me and then I'm done with Ripped. Definitely found it more challenging than 30DS.
  • wade78
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your break-in Wade.

Good luck with restarting W4, just 4 more days to go for me and then I'm done with Ripped. Definitely found it more challenging than 30DS.
    Thanks hon and well done with W4! I hope I can finish it but I dont know what to do next!! I've been thinking about starting Insanity but I am such a chicken
  • Peaches516
    Options
    Hi ladies and gents, hope all is well. I've decided to restart week 4 as I couldnt work out since Friday because some idiots decided to break into my house and work has been crazy. So I'm starting week 4 again today.

That's awful! I'm glad you're okay!

I'll restart week 4 with you. I haven't worked out since Sunday. I am taking my licensing exam next Tuesday, plus I've been fighting off a cough, so it was too easy for me to just sleep in. We can do this!!!
  • wade78
    Options

That's awful! I'm glad you're okay!

I'll restart week 4 with you. I haven't worked out since Sunday. I am taking my licensing exam next Tuesday, plus I've been fighting off a cough, so it was too easy for me to just sleep in. We can do this!!!
    Thanks Peaches! Great to have someone restarting week 4 with me. I did it yesterday and wow that was hard. How did your exam go?