If your S.O. could fit your clothes...

Options
1) would that bother you?

2) would it be a "deal breaker?"

3) WHAT would you FEEL about it exactly?

For me..I'd run...FAR FAR away (theoretically...assuming he's not yet a serious BF or something). Then again, I'm only 4'11 and I'd be seriously concerned about his well being.

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It's not necessarily a big deal. I've ALWAYS been bigger than my boyfriends (until this one, in fact).

However. "wearing my clothes" and "being able to fit into them" are two different scenarios.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    my SO and I have the same size feet. I once bought her some shoes as a present by trying them on myself to ensure they were the right size.

I drove to Austin to buy them so nothing was weird or out of the ordinary...
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    It would mean that he had shrunk by nearly a foot and lost 100 lbs.
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    1. My hubby does fit my clothes, and it doesn't bother me.
    2. We're married, so nope, not a deal breaker.
    3. I don't really feel anything about it. I do get annoyed when he wears my black t-shirts under his kevlar vest for work...they get all sweaty and gross and then they sit in his car or at the station until he remembers them -_-

I should add that I am 5'10 and my husband is 5'11. While, I'm not at my goal weight, I am not overweight, just jiggly from having a baby and gaining too much while pregnant.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend weighs the same as me but is 3 inches taller so carries her weight better.

Let me tell you, apart from the fact I'm quite femmey and she's andro so we don't have the same taste in clothes - I don't want us to be wearing the same size clothes, let alone the same ones! I am determined to be smaller than her.

We weighed in this week and I was 0.6lbs heavier - it's just one more motivator to keep on going :laugh: She's ultra competitive and so even though we don't really talk about it there is deffo a competition going on.

However, she's a cardio bunny and I have weights on my side - that smaller size is going to be mine MUUUUHAHAHAHAAAAAA!
  • RamberM
    Options
    I would be a little concerned. Not into skinny guys tho, so I don't see this happening. Hopefully.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I would be a little concerned. Not into skinny guys tho, so I don't see this happening. Hopefully.

ditto!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Me and my partner are doing this diet together - she gets my clothes as they get too big on me ... she's like the second child :P
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I'm not attracted to anyone my size or smaller. My husband is about 75 pounds heavier (though we sadly have close to the same waist size). I'd have issues if he could fit into my clothes. Though I'm not above snagging a sweatshirt of his if I'm chilly.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    My husband is only an inch taller than I am, and I finally weigh less than him for the first time since my pregnancy 12 years ago.

We can share almost all of our clothes (if we wanted).

I have to admit, I have been 'sabotaging' him by feeding him bigger portions to maintain my edge. He's been working out and stuff, but I don't think he should weigh less than 150--he needs to get some more muscle bulk on him!
  • xcarbonix
    Options
    I shared a few pairs of pants with a close guy friend a few years ago and I'd have to say it really crossed him off my "I'd date you" list.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    He has a larger waist than me but smaller hips, by far. His butt is so small, it just looks silly in shorts.
    It wouldn't be a dealbreaker if he could fit in my clothes. As long as he wasn't wearing my underwear.

We wear the same shoe size. That's embarrassing ;\
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 160lbs so this make a difference.

1.) It used to when I was younger and insecure.

2.) No, obviously not. My husband and I are pretty much the same size. He's about a half inch taller and varies between 160 and 170lbs. He wears a size 30 pants, I wear a size 8, which I think are pretty much the same.

3.) It used to make me feel fat and big and unfeminine. Now 'eh, I'm a "big" woman, he's an average size man. I don't NEED to feel small to feel feminine. I've become much more confident and comfortable with myself. My femininity isn't defined by my size, my muscles or my hair.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Me and the wife always wore different sizes (she was a cheerleader, Me a Fat guy...). Since loosing weight I have been able to squeeze into some of her sweatpants. Found this out quite by accedent. I thought they were mine (they were just basic black) so I threw them on. That is when I noticed them riding a BIT too low... so I did what any normal jack-*kitten* of a husband would do. I started struting in front of her wearing them..

She was not ammused. ;-)
  • embercakez
    Options
    If my SO could fit into my clothes I would laugh and leave.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've moved from my clothes being quite a bit bigger than my husbands, to us both wearing large shirts/jackets. So, it's worked out well because as winter is setting it I have felt like I can buy decent jackets, that are a little more spendy, like my new Carhartt jacket and know that when I shrink out of it, it will still fit him so I don't feel like I'm wasting as much money

I've also been able to snag some of his t-shirts to fill the gap before I was able to get to the store and restock t-shirts that aren't baggy.
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 160lbs so this make a difference.

1.) It used to when I was younger and insecure.

2.) No, obviously not. My husband and I are pretty much the same size. He's about a half inch taller and varies between 160 and 170lbs. He wears a size 30 pants, I wear a size 8, which I think are pretty much the same.

3.) It used to make me feel fat and big and unfeminine. Now 'eh, I'm a "big" woman, he's an average size man. I don't NEED to feel small to feel feminine. I've become much more confident and comfortable with myself. My femininity isn't defined by my size, my muscles or my hair.

good for you. your tone is rather condescending though--maybe not your intent. I am happy you derive confidence in embracing what you've been blessed with--hair, body, and muscles the way they are.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    My husband is an inch taller and maybe 15 pounds heavier, so I can wear his clothes and he can squeeze into most of mine. It's not a big deal, but then the original poster was probably assuming a heteronormative world where all couples exhibit sexual dimorphism. Or not.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Well if he could fit in my clothes, he would have gained a lot of weight! lol
    Options
    I shared a few pairs of pants with a close guy friend a few years ago and I'd have to say it really crossed him off my "I'd date you" list.

haha. love it!