If your S.O. could fit your clothes...

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I also find it odd that it is okay for women to completely refuse short men but if a man refused to date brunettes he'd be considered shallow.

It's shallow for women too but it is what it is. I would never have dated a woman taller/more muscular than I was.......for the record. We are all shallow to varying degrees.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I also find it odd that it is okay for women to completely refuse short men but if a man refused to date brunettes he'd be considered shallow.

It's shallow for women too but it is what it is. I would never have dated a woman taller/more muscular than I was.......for the record. We are all shallow to varying degrees.

I am almost six feet tall, and I have never dated anyone taller than me. The shortest I have dated was like 5'2'' (but a girl so different social stigma with that) and currently my bf is about 5'4''. I just like being taller. It doesn't work for everyone. You *have* to be attracted to the person you date on some level, so everyone in the world is just a little bit shallow. Let's face it, you wouldn't date someone you had NO interest in whatsoever just to prove a point? A little bit of shallowness is totally ok, what jacwhite said.
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    I don't think they're the same. There are MANY MEN who won't date women who are taller than them. That's comparable.

Would not have a problem dating a taller girl, but so far i have yet to find one.

Also if my S.O could fill out my clothes, i would probably not date her anymore.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    At one point, my fiance's jeans were too small in the waist for me. Yes, that bothered me.

But he's 6' 5" so if he tried to wear my clothes he would be wearing capris and crop-tops (normal sizes).

The circumstances of a a dude actually fitting into my clothes.. Would never happen. I like tall men. If it's a chick then I don't care. :smile:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    If he could fit in my clothes that would be great! That would mean he's dropped some weight. :D
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to chastise women who won't date shorter smaller men, but I guess maybe open their minds a little. In all seriousness, if I weren't drunk when I met my husband I would have never consider him because he's a smaller guy. I would have completely missed out a really great guy (been together 10 years now) due to my own hang-ups. There are a lot of great guys out there short or tall. It's a shame to limit yourself.

Now I'm 5'9" and so is my husband so really it's not that big of a deal, however I did work-in on bench with a dude who was 5'3" and benching 210. I totally would of hit that had I been single. :love:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I weighed almost as much as my husband at one point, but due to body composition, he still wouldn't have been able to fit into my clothes. Plus, I'm a shorty and he's tall.

My best friend is around the same height as me and a little lighter, but he's a beanpole. I used to steal his jerseys whenever we'd play scary video games. One of my favorite memories. (Thankfully the shirts were already oversized, otherwise my boobs would have stretched those suckers out...)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Now I'm 5'9" and so is my husband so really it's not that big of a deal, however I did work-in on bench with a dude who was 5'3" and benching 210. I totally would of hit that had I been single. :love:

edited.....because even though not offensive.....someone would find way to take offense.......
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how i feel. <3

I'm confused. If you gain 100 pounds of flab and he stays the same -- should you dump him, or should he dump you? Are there exceptions for pregnancy?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

edited.....because even though not offensive.....someone would find way to take offense.......

What did you say??

I hear small-dog-syndrome makes them try harder in bed....
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Yeah it might bother me for her to wear my clothes. She would be a She Hulk or She Zilla,lol. She could wear my shirt as a nightie though.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    That's exactly how i feel. <3

I'm confused. If you gain 100 pounds of flab and he stays the same -- should you dump him, or should he dump you? Are there exceptions for pregnancy?

well barring some health condition that just wouldn't happen. so IF it did happen I'd hope he'd nurse me back to health and support me.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    deal breaker for me
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    could never happen. I have a tiny bird bone structure. He's much bigger and uhhh meatier?( I feel like that's a nasty word) in structure.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    If he could fit in my clothes, he would be a teeny tiny man, indeed! :laugh:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Firstly, I'd be thrilled at this point because it would mean that at least I actually HAVE a S.O. Secondly, if he fit my clothes, it wouldn't make me feel any worse (about my weight) than I already do everytime I look in the mirror.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    LOL - back when I thought I was fat, but was skinny, a boyfriend confused my jeans with his and tried to put them on. He was a pretty skinny guy and I was ecstatic when he couldn't get mine up over his hips!

Now that I'm not skinny anymore, my husband definitely IS skinny and I would have trouble getting his jeans on. *sigh* Of course, they'd be about a foot too long, but they'd never make it up over my *kitten*...
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" my husband is 6' 3". Something would have to be seriously wrong for us to wear each others pants. But I steal his shirts all the time to wear around the house. :happy:
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's not necessarily a big deal. I've ALWAYS been bigger than my boyfriends (until this one, in fact).

However. "wearing my clothes" and "being able to fit into them" are two different scenarios.

this and it kind of made me laugh lol
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I try to get into my wife's pants any time I get the chance. Wait, wut??