Mikes Daily Rant 10/16/2012 Topic: The Stairs are fun

Options

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Oh this is great.....Kudoo's to you...

I had a boss who wouldn't buy me lunch because he said I wouldn't eat his money's worth!. Well I ate my salad and chicken breast and they went to the buffet daily...I was despised in my office for looking good. Yes it was my fault I looked good. I ate right and exercised daily.

Fast forward a few years....I quit smoking and gained a few pounds...ok 20....now he liiterally tells me how fat I am. Not hardly fat...Just need to lose 20 pounds... He btw is surely over 300 pounds....When he comes to my office now...I just avoid him...

I only pray that his daughter doesn't get bullied the way he is bullying me....

Rant over...

Wow thats tough. He is a double ended sword.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    This occured at work? Oh hell, you do know your behavior can be considered harassment and you could lose your job over that?
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I wish I could say something to two of my girlfiriends, like you did to your co-worker. One girlfriend tries every gimmick diet and moans when the twenty pounds she lost, returns along with 10 more. The other girlfriend is always saying "but I only ate a little bit". Yes you did, but of items you could have avoided - chips, dip, soda, candy & etc.. Then both of them look at me and say that they can't lose weight like I did. :sad: I've lost 90 pounds and count my calories every day, without fail. I try to exercise everyday, but it depends on my schedule. I haven't been perfect, but I damn sure try a lot harder than they ever have. :sigh: now I feel better, saying all that! :happy:

Great testimony. You are awesome but by not saying anything to your friends is considered being a bad friend. You gotta speak up. Congrats on the 90 pounds. Thats very inspirational.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    This is going to come off rude but truly, I know of no other way to speak most days.

So she whined to you about being fat and out of shape etc. So you gave (most likely) unwanted advice and chastised her for using the stairs? And when she said her knee hurt, you chastised her again. Yes, chances are the knee was an excuse, but you basically took her from the Couch to the 5k without any walking in between. How about showing her that while it's difficult, you can take small steps to change your habits versus overwhelming her with your plethora of crap? Not everybody wants a cheerleader.

And if you don't want to listen to her, be honest about it. "When you're ready to come and make a life change, I'm here for you. Until then, I can't support you." That's better than telling her "You hurt because you're fat. You're out of shape because you're fat."

I'm all for being rude and insensitive, but damn. I wouldn't have gone that far if I wanted someone to succeed. If I wanted someone to fail, I would've done exactly what you did.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    tl;dr

If it's daily, a blog is more ideal. I have an inflated self importance and even I don't do this.

Great idea. I just may do that.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    . Everyday we get to the building and she goes towards the elevator and I go towards the stairs. I tell her no elevator. She says, "What?" I said elevator is a part of the problem. These stairs are a part of the solution. She looks at me crazy and follows me to the stairs. I would beat her to the 3rd floor everyday and she would be on the elevator. She made it up the stairs but it took her about 5 minutes. This task after losing the weight takes me all of 15 seconds. she tells me that she cant do it because her knee hurts. I tell her that her knees hurt because of all the weight pressing down on them.

Here is something I learned at work. {it shook my brother up when I told him. He is now 30lbs lighter}

For every extra pound of weight we carry, it adds 4 extra lbs of pressure on weight bearing joints, such as knee, ankle, feet, and hips.
    So for 100 extra lbs of weight = 400 extra lbs of pressure on joints.

For every extra pound of abdominal fat carried, is 10 extra pounds of pressure on the spinal column.

Wow! Congrats to your brother and thanks for sharing.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I've been enjoying your posts, just thought I'd let you know! :smile:

Thanks!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Dude! You're an HR nightmare! Just stop talking to people!

Got it. LOL.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This occured at work? Oh hell, you do know your behavior can be considered harassment and you could lose your job over that?

That's what I said... but you know... he isn't responding to anyone who is not giving him a pat on the back for this. Obviously, he doesn't want to hear the "truth" anymore than his co-worker did.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    "I'm just a bit bothered why she hates the stairs. In all fairness I think the stairs are fun."

I hated stairs too...because my hip hurt and I wasn't THAT overweight. Guess what? That pain was a medical condition that required surgery four weeks ago. I pushed through the pain and made it worse.

I also dislike running, some of my biggest supporters are runners...they think it is fun. Glad they don't ridicule me because I don't see it.

I think someone has gotten an inflated view of self importance and needs to learn some tact.

HaHaHaHaHa that may be true ill think about it and let you know if my Self Importance has been inflated. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    What is tact? lol
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Why don't you start a blog instead of ranting on a message board?

I Kant ried gude an donte no how 2 uze a messich bored rite so a blog mite not werk 4 me.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

Because he gets more attention this way!

Where's that attention-*kitten* jpg when I need it??

Well said. LOL yet you are reading :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    How about a blog?

I have one but hate doing it. check it out its on my profile. I may start back.

You hate paragraphs, too, don't you?

Surely.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Didn't read it...dude, blog it...please
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

Because he gets more attention this way!

Where's that attention-*kitten* jpg when I need it??

attention-*kitten*.gif
    attention_*kitten*.jpg

Apparently I can't get pictures to post...

Its fine. We get it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks for reading all of my rants and commenting. It gives me the right amount of attention I need.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Love it when folks like that have some misconception that you've done something extreme to lose the weight, and therefore no way could they do that.
    But often won't ask enough to really find out what was required, usually nothing extreme at all. Mental adjustment was the most extreme thing.

And something as simple as parking far out all the time and always taking the stairs and eating smaller portions can have a hug effect.

Talk to her about something else though, emphasis the point that you just aren't going to hear about the complaining by fact other stuff is alright to talk about. And any time she slips up on that walk in, away you go!

Very valid points.

Honestly... I looked at your diary. 2000 calorie burns with 900 calorie nets is NOT something EVERYONE can do to lose weight.

Maybe you should stop giving out advice to your co-workers and people at the gym because you obviously do NOT have a clue!

No clue at all. Ill stop. Im sorry.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    tl;dr

If it's daily, a blog is more ideal. I have an inflated self importance and even I don't do this.

Dunno man. Mike's raising the bar here and you might have to adjust. Or lowering it. I'm all confused now.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

Who needs a job?
  • free2live72003
    Options
    Mike,

I understand where you are coming from and I sometimes get frustrated with others in my environment that complain but are not willing to make the hard choices that bring change--- BUT, I find that if i am not really careful I can become arrogant and judgemental. All it takes is for me to mentally go back to the way i felt when i was obese and think about how the comments of others affected me.

You may be speaking truth, but you are lacking compassion. would this approach have worked for you when you were >300lbs. Probably not.

I'm not saying agree with those that are making excuses, but there is a place where you can identify with their struggle and show true concern and compassion rather than irritation and ridicule.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    This is going to come off rude but truly, I know of no other way to speak most days.

So she whined to you about being fat and out of shape etc. So you gave (most likely) unwanted advice and chastised her for using the stairs? And when she said her knee hurt, you chastised her again. Yes, chances are the knee was an excuse, but you basically took her from the Couch to the 5k without any walking in between. How about showing her that while it's difficult, you can take small steps to change your habits versus overwhelming her with your plethora of crap? Not everybody wants a cheerleader.

And if you don't want to listen to her, be honest about it. "When you're ready to come and make a life change, I'm here for you. Until then, I can't support you." That's better than telling her "You hurt because you're fat. You're out of shape because you're fat."

I'm all for being rude and insensitive, but damn. I wouldn't have gone that far if I wanted someone to succeed. If I wanted someone to fail, I would've done exactly what you did.

Yeah.