What's for dinner?

Options
13»

Replies

• yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Fish tacos! I broil a tilapia fillet, top with salsa, tomatoes, cilantro, 1/4C brown rice, 1/4C black beans and maybe some avacado and a little cheese on small corn tortillas! YUM!!!!!!
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast, roasted green beans and acorn squash w/ butter and brown sugar. 375 calories!

is brown sugar better for you than regular sugar?? can you use it like regular sugar??

Sugar is sugar. I use it cause it tastes good. The fitness pal database lists one packed teaspoon of brown sugar as 17 calories. No reason to be lacking it!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    sesame pork tenderloin with rice and salad for us tonight. Last night we had homemade chicken noodle soup made with ground chicken breast and egg noodles. Tomorrow night is skinless chicken drumsticks, roasted beets and quinoa.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to dinners are:

- Baked sweet potato with black beans, salsa, tomatoes, spinach on top
    - Stir fry veggies with a little teriyaki marinade, on brown rice with baked tofu
    - Quinoa with broccoli, roasted red peppers, feta, chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano
    - Vegetarian chili with corn, tomatoes, peppers, black beans
    - Black beans and rice bowl with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa, avocado
    - Black bean burger with baked sweet potato fries on the side
    - Corn and tomato lettuce wraps tossed with a little olive oil, salt, cilantro, cumin (add chopped bacon if you're not a vegetarian)
    - Salad with roasted sunflower seeds, avocado, boiled egg, or chickpeas
    - Grilled veggies like eggplant, tomato, corn, etc. with vegan potato salad (boiled potatoes tossed with lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, chives)
    - Breakfast for dinner! Veggie omelet with feta on top, or scrambled eggs with potato/bell pepper/corn/tomato roast
    - English muffin topped with tomato, spinach, poached egg, avocado, salsa
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am by no means skilled in the culinary department, so all mine are super quick and easy (and under 400 cals):

yesterday i made mini pizzas on gluten free english muffins (non-gf could also be used obviously =)
    http://i.imgur.com/4bu02.jpg

they worked out to 194 cals per pizza HOWEVER you could definitely decrease this as I used ham (had some leftover i needed to make use of), feta cheese, and basil marinara.. all of which could be eliminated or replaced.

tossed them in the oven for 10-15 mins at 350F and voila!

2 nights ago we had halibut which i smothered in lemon juice, garlic, and basil before oven baking that as well. sided this with a salad made from spinach, feta, and almonds.
  • shelle2010
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast, roasted green beans and acorn squash w/ butter and brown sugar. 375 calories!

is brown sugar better for you than regular sugar?? can you use it like regular sugar??

Sugar is sugar. I use it cause it tastes good. The fitness pal database lists one packed teaspoon of brown sugar as 17 calories. No reason to be lacking it!

i didnt realize how dumb my question sounded lol but thanks