Baby fever...

Options
feels like a light switch being turned on. Instant.

same for you?

edited to clarify:

ASSUMING IT IS ON--was that ON instant or gradual?

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Nope. I do enough babysitting that I know kids can be little terrors.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Nope, my light switch is still in the "off" position, in which I hope it stays permanently.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    its on right now. just restarted birth control yesterday though because one is enough for now lol. i tried to be a surrogate with a couple embryo transfers, first ended in miscarriage and second just didn't take. It really sucks to see everyone around me pregnant even if i wasn't going to keep the baby in the end. I just really loved being pregnant. maybe the feeling will subside again soon and we'll have another when my son is 4 or so..
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    emotionally its always on...

logically the 2 year old i do have drives me nuts adding an infant to the mix, plus not sleeping or getting a break would just about do me in.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    For me it wasn't instant, until I first saw my daughter on an ultrasound.

I'd always literally been afraid of children. Scared. to. death. People would freak over babies, wanting to hold them. I was concerned I'd break them.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Mine's been on since I was like, 16...but no babies yet. Just because I want one does not mean I am responsible enough to bring one into this world right now!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yup it was like a switch for me and when I was ready I wanted it yesterday ;)
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never had baby fever. I can't see why anyone would want to be responsible for bring a life into this screwed up world.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Nope. Never had baby fever. I can't see why anyone would want to be responsible for bring a life into this screwed up world.

Yikes. I guess to each her own.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    if i could financially afford them id have a couple lolz :P
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

logically the 2 year old i do have drives me nuts adding an infant to the mix, plus not sleeping or getting a break would just about do me in.

Yup. I have a now 4 year old. I had a miscarriage last year on Christmas day. I never had baby fever, so to speak before that, but now it tugs at me. Logically speaking though, I work full time, start school in Jan, and my husband is out of town Mon-Fri working. I would be a mess if I had a newborn to take care of as well.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options

These are my exact thoughts.
    I would love another, but then i think of how hard it would be to do it all over again with a 2 1/2 year old... No, thanks.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Nope, plan is, buy house next year, get married year after, have kids year after. No changes are permitted.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Go ahead, have a baby and come back in ten years, or even 5, and tell me I'm wrong. You are responsible for a life. Every moment of that child's life you will worry about all the dangers they face. Unless your the type that doesn't concern herself with the whole raising a child bit and just wants a mini-me to play dress up with.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I am baby-fever free.

I do, however, have puppy fever. My dogs are the loves of my life. (And I have a feeling that in about 5-6 years, that puppy fever is going to give way to baby fever haha)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    It's fleeting for me. I have a soon-to-be 6 year old and a 2 year old. They keep me busy. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever NOT want a baby-baby to rock, diaper, bathe, hold, kiss on, etc. I just absolutely LOVE babies. Babyhood goes by so fast.

Of course now I know that babies grow up which makes me say oh... two is fine. We are very done at two.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

I feel the same way. I would adopt, though. The kids are already here, might as well give them a good home :)
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The idea of raising a child terrifies me but I'd probably do it with the right man if he wanted one and we were in a good place in life financially, etc. The only time I REALLY wanted a baby was last year when my sister was pregnant.... I think that does something to a woman's hormones!! I definately had baby fever then... not so much now that I change poopy diapers and stay up because he's crying at 2 am when he spends the night.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Nope, my light switch is still in the "off" position, in which I hope it stays permanently.

ditto
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

Go ahead, have a baby and come back in ten years, or even 5, and tell me I'm wrong. You are responsible for a life. Every moment of that child's life you will worry about all the dangers they face. Unless your the type that doesn't concern herself with the whole raising a child bit and just wants a mini-me to play dress up with.

Wow. Angry.
    I've been a parent for going on six years and I've never felt the need to smother the complete and utter joy of it with worry, fear, etc. Do I worry about my kids? Yes. Does it comsume every fiber of my being and make my life miserable? Um....no..... The love, joy and experience I have with it every day far over-shadows the "what-ifs"