Baby fever...

Options

Replies

• lady_jessi
    lady_jessi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My baby's almost three now, and I got the fever. lol Maybe next year we'll buy a van and then it will be ON.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Nope. Never had baby fever. I can't see why anyone would want to be responsible for bring a life into this screwed up world.

Yikes. I guess to each her own.

Go ahead, have a baby and come back in ten years, or even 5, and tell me I'm wrong. You are responsible for a life. Every moment of that child's life you will worry about all the dangers they face. Unless your the type that doesn't concern herself with the whole raising a child bit and just wants a mini-me to play dress up with.

But if everyone thought this same exact way then humanity would come to an end. You do the best you can to nurture, love, and teach your child to thrive in an imperfect world. The reason why someone would want it is because there is no greater manifestation of love, to me, than to bring life into the world with the person who makes you happiest. To raise your offspring, together, as a family. It's an amazing gift. So...say what you will..I doubt that my perspective on that will change. Is it hard, yes. Emotional, yes. Draining, yes. But i cannot imagine that making them smile, watching them develop, and witnessing how they influence the world would ever become a source of regret.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ughh some people are so cynical. what if ur parents had the same thoughts and decided not to have or keep YOU?!

anyway, i had baby fever for a while, then it went away. once it went away i got pregnant...like instantly lol.
    <---that little boy is the joy of my life. i think about wanting another but then again im quite content with giving him all my time and attention. i don't think i would want to try for another until he started school and i had the actual time to devote to a newborn! :heart:
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am baby-fever free.

I do, however, have puppy fever. My dogs are the loves of my life. (And I have a feeling that in about 5-6 years, that puppy fever is going to give way to baby fever haha)

^I'm with you on this one! There will be no fruit from my loins. Puppies, on the other hand, I'd have a dozen! Hubby keeps telling me that we need to wait (I have 2 already).
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never had baby fever. I can't see why anyone would want to be responsible for bring a life into this screwed up world.

Go ahead, have a baby and come back in ten years, or even 5, and tell me I'm wrong. You are responsible for a life. Every moment of that child's life you will worry about all the dangers they face. Unless your the type that doesn't concern herself with the whole raising a child bit and just wants a mini-me to play dress up with.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT REPRODUCE
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    @elijahsmommy--that's amazing. so happy you have a little bundle of joy to nurture and love! I want one soooo badly!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    mine is off!!

but,seriously somethings gotta be in the water! EVERYONE is coming up pregnant lately! im not even joking! i have 6 babyshower invites right now... and two of my cousins are pregnant!

and,i know of more people that are pregnant!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

But if everyone thought this same exact way then humanity would come to an end. You do the best you can to nurture, love, and teach your child to thrive in an imperfect world. The reason why someone would want it is because there is no greater manifestation of love, to me, than to bring life into the world with the person who makes you happiest. To raise your offspring, together, as a family. It's an amazing gift. So...say what you will..I doubt that my perspective on that will change. Is it hard, yes. Emotional, yes. Draining, yes. But i cannot imagine that making them smile, watching them develop, and witnessing how they influence the world would ever become a source of regret.

I totally agree! My girls are 2 and (soon to be) 4, and have never EVER once regretted either of them. And yes, I have had baby fever for 10 months now - it's killing me! Just waiting for the right moment to start trying again.
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have a Chihuahua that I spoil like the ****ens. As much as I would love to have a little family, I just don't think that I can wrap my head around it. Like, how do you go from one point to the next? (I know HOW you get pregnant, I just mean like mentally.)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    my husband and I NEVER wanted a kid, then we kinda flip flopped, and then my niece was born. Now we both know for sure, that we really do want a kid. And I mean, even after seeing only a tenth of the tantrums and craziness, we still know that we want one....Just not for a few more years. We have some growing up to do first.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    ughh some people are so cynical. what if ur parents had the same thoughts and decided not to have or keep YOU?!

anyway, i had baby fever for a while, then it went away. once it went away i got pregnant...like instantly lol.
    <---that little boy is the joy of my life. i think about wanting another but then again im quite content with giving him all my time and attention. i don't think i would want to try for another until he started school and i had the actual time to devote to a newborn! :heart:

If our parents didn't have us, then we wouldn't exist so we wouldn't have any thoughts to think on the subject. Just sayin.

btw- Your son is so cute!!

& to answer the original post - my light swtich is broken. Flickers on and off. Sometimes i think it would be great. Sometimes I'm grateful I don't have any :)
  • mindy0517
    Options
    emotionally its always on...

logically the 2 year old i do have drives me nuts adding an infant to the mix, plus not sleeping or getting a break would just about do me in.
    These are my exact thoughts.
    I would love another, but then i think of how hard it would be to do it all over again with a 2 1/2 year old... No, thanks.

Same with me. My 2 1/2 year old boy is enough but doesn't mean I still don't have baby fever! Just trying to wait till he's a little older.
  • saravsally
    Options
    My boobs have suddenly become massive, and very sore. Mildly freaked about it, as my boobs always have told me I was preggo the other 3 times. We have a total of 4 (yours, mine, and ours) . That is enough. I had my tubes tied after the two year old. Then, I regretted it and considered IVF until about 3 months ago, when two year old had a rough day. It has not ended yet. In all honesty, if she had been my first, she would be the ONLY. We've considered an exorcism.

If this boob growth HAS to be anything , Im hoping for early menopause. Or maybe I will be the pioneer on freaks that finish puberty at 32.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    There is a big part of me that would love a 3rd. But my hands are full with my two now. I'm excited to be leaving the baby stage behind and live the joys of double toddlerhood:) And honestly, once I finally get a full night sleep again, I don't think I could ever go back - it's been over 3 years between the 3rd trimester insomnia and girls waking up to nurse since I had the joy of more than 6 hours in a row.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @elijahsmommy--that's amazing. so happy you have a little bundle of joy to nurture and love! I want one soooo badly!

TRUST ME when I say that most times..it happens when you least expect it. It is just like love. You will learn to adapt, you will learn to change. Like the switch that turned on that baby fever, there will be a switch that will kick on and start your motherly mentality. For those who don't think they can do it, there are classes. But I didn't need those. I read books, spoke with friends who had kids. I worked in childcare for 4 years so heck I was ready. I thank God I didn't have kids with the man I asked for kids with. He gave me one better giving me a beautiful son with a man I never knew would be as good for me as he is! Don't rush it. It will happen when it is meant to happen..even for those who don't think when it happened was right for them.
    People think they could never be a good parent...well a lot of people don't think they can lose 70+lbs etc etc. It's all a change of lifestyle. Becoming a parent is beautiful and it's like belonging to your own exclusive little club with other moms! I absolutely love it.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    YEP. All my early twenties I didn't want babies, then suddenly a couple of years ago the switch flicked on and I am so damn clucky that my boyfriend jokingly watches me take my pill every night so he knows I've taken it!!! Not just yet for us, but I seriously CAN'T WAIT to be pregnant!!!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

You are wrong, yes it's a screwed up world and yes whoever does bring a child into this world is a very selfish person, but I brought two and don't regret a moment of it. The love of that child fills you so completely that nothing else matters. You will miss out on the greatest thing life has to offer you. A part of you to love and nurture. Each and everyone of them born are your own personal miracle and your greatest achievement, EVER.

But yeah to each his own.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    if i could financially afford them id have a couple lolz :P

This for sure. Plus, the actual birthing part seems a bit painful. Good thing I have a girlfriend.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT REPRODUCE

LOL
  • saravsally
    Options
    Want to know how you can fix this "screwed up world" that everyone is bringing babies into???

If you are older than 20, YOU can't. The only thing you can do is focus, and selflessly raise your kids to be intelligent, moral, COMPASSIONATE, non-selfish human beings. Teach and show them through your actions, and words. Foster great personalities, and problem solving skills. They will fix it. Hopefully.

Remember, history repeats itself. There are always high and low points. Don't be so pessimistic. We have nothing, if we don't have hope. :flowerforyou: