Metalheads...come to me.

Options
If there are any of you in here.. I think it'd be nice to meet some fellow metalheads who also enjoy working out :)

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Favorite lifting albums: Against the World and Decimate the Weak by Winds of Plague, This is Exile by Whitechapel, Once Upon the Cross by Deicide, and anything by As Blood Runs Black.

Do I qualify? :-o
  • metallicalover777
    metallicalover777 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    so what do u listen to.....
  • KFilthy
    KFilthy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love the ****in' **** out of Pantera, Slayer, Bloodbath, Kataklysm, Cannibal Corpse, Torture Killer, Six Feet Under (Big Chris Barnes fan), Down, Sepultura, Death, Obituary, Evile,Carcass, Lifelover, Pig Destroyer, Metallica, Acid Bath (Also a big Dax Riggs fan even though it's more stoner rock), Immolation, Haarp, Immortal, Vader, Weedeater, Marduk, Eyehategod, Origin, Morbid Angel, BLS, Cerebral Bore, Pentagram, Opeth, Satyricon, Crowbar, Dying Fetus,Forgotten Tomb, Malevolent Creation, Deicide, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Braindrill, Hatebreed, Exhorder, Gojira, Kittie (old), Otep, Mayhem, Carpathian Forest, Burzum, Darkthrone...I could go on.
  • KFilthy
    Options
    Favorite lifting albums: Against the World and Decimate the Weak by Winds of Plague, This is Exile by Whitechapel, Once Upon the Cross by Deicide, and anything by As Blood Runs Black.

Haha, works for me. I love Deicide. Saw Winds of Plage once, not my favorite but the bands you've listed are better than that Asking Alexandria/Devil Wears Prada bull**** lol
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Haha, works for me. I love Deicide. Saw Winds of Plage once, not my favorite but the bands you've listed are better than that Asking Alexandria/Devil Wears Prada bull**** lol

Lol, yeah sadly, the old metal bands are aging not so gracefully (Opeth was my absolute favorite band, and even Damnation was excellent for what it was, but holy **** Heritage is terrible hippie bull****), and it seems like the only promising up and comers are all in the deathcore genre. I know music goes through cycles, but death metal seems to have all but vanished, except for the aforementioned old bands.

Once Fleshgrind broke up (that guy had one of the best guttural growl styles I've ever heard in my life), I started to lose faith. ;)
  • dairyfood
    Options
    I'm more goth than metal, but can I play too?
    Goth music doesn't really inspire a vigorous workout, although some more EBM based bands do get a bit of bounce going and the flighty, flaky stuff is great to tone to, for stetching and such.
    For vigorous workouts I tend to use bouncy cheesy metal/nu-metal/hard rock for that... Pantera, Korn, Disturbed, ...
    Only just joined so dont have much exercise exp yet. Still getting my *kitten* in gear.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am more Godsmack, Disturbed, All That Remains, Korn, In This Moment, Avenged Sevenfold, Seether, ect...
    but I am open for suggestions. lol
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    More old school here. IRON MAIDEN!, Plus Priest, Metalicca,Slayer,Exodus,Motorhead,Dio. Like newer metal, but the vocals turn me off (too much growly devil voice-gets old for me).
  • madlittleoldme
    Options
    more goth myself though do like godsmack pantera,system of a down, disturbed, avenged seven fold, blah blah hehe ramstien good to do cardio too hehe
  • Ashleighkitty
    Ashleighkitty Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    See, I like a bit of everything..but I do love metallica...like, love them :P haha like a bit of iron maiden, motorhead, tool, system of a down etc..also welcome to any suggestions of anything i should listen to :P haha always good to find new awesomeness :) xx
  • SkyVetis
    Options
    Been into metal since around 1994.

Love the usual; metallica, slayer, pantera, motorhead, AC/DC, deicide, Anthrax, cannibal corpse, biohazard, megadeth, strapping young lad, white zombie, down, crowbar, corrosion of conformity, Fear Factory, Sepultura(around chaos AD), cradle of filth, sabbath, judas priest, loads more.

So far I've seen metallica, black sabbath, pantera, fear factory(back in 98) and Slayer live and seeing Motorhead and Anthrax in november.

Mostly old school things..screamo doesn't do it for me. Other things not quite metal I have to admin to loving Type-o-Negative and Pearl Jam.
  • idlehandsx
    idlehandsx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ooh awesome thread.

Slipknot, Trivium, Pantera, Korn, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, etc :)
  • madlittleoldme
    Options
    oo love type-o negative saw them live a few times shame about mr steele. seen pantera , black sabbath, fear factory , sepultura, cradle of filth , machine head , and system live .used to love going to gigs though falling over in the mosh pit i would not recomend!
    excuse spelling mistakes am a tad dyslexic
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My walking to the gym album is Metallicas Black Album - gets me there in no time. I need to get an underwater mp3 player to get some metal on to swim to.
  • SkyVetis
    Options
    oo love type-o negative saw them live a few times shame about mr steele. seen pantera , black sabbath, fear factory , sepultura, cradle of filth , machine head , and system live .used to love going to gigs though falling over in the mosh pit i would not recomend!
    excuse spelling mistakes am a tad dyslexic

Lucky, would love to have seen type o negative. been in a few slayer mosh pits in my time too!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I am blood type o negative.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am more Godsmack, Disturbed, All That Remains, Korn, In This Moment, Avenged Sevenfold, Seether, ect...
    but I am open for suggestions. lol

These...

Plus all the oldies,... Black Sabbath to Pantera. (Is Pantera old enough to be an oldie. It seems like a lifetime ago that I saw them in concert.) Oh and DANZIG! \m/
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Been into metal since around 1994.

Love the usual; metallica, slayer, pantera, motorhead, AC/DC, deicide, Anthrax, cannibal corpse, biohazard, megadeth, strapping young lad, white zombie, down, crowbar, corrosion of conformity, Fear Factory, Sepultura(around chaos AD), cradle of filth, sabbath, judas priest, loads more.

So far I've seen metallica, black sabbath, pantera, fear factory(back in 98) and Slayer live and seeing Motorhead and Anthrax in november.

Mostly old school things..screamo doesn't do it for me. Other things not quite metal I have to admin to loving Type-o-Negative and Pearl Jam.

Did you see the Vulgar Display of Power tour when White Zombie opened for Pantera? <3
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    The first album I bought was Somewhere in Time - Iron Maiden on cassette, circa '88.
  • KFilthy
    Options
    I'm more goth than metal, but can I play too?
    Goth music doesn't really inspire a vigorous workout, although some more EBM based bands do get a bit of bounce going and the flighty, flaky stuff is great to tone to, for stetching and such.
    For vigorous workouts I tend to use bouncy cheesy metal/nu-metal/hard rock for that... Pantera, Korn, Disturbed, ...
    Only just joined so dont have much exercise exp yet. Still getting my *kitten* in gear.

I loooove goth music :3