I gained 18 pounds overnight

Options

Replies

• swiftfox82
    Options
    The key is to not think too much on it but to keep going forward learning more about what affects your body.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not I have gained 20 pounds of water weight in one night. I had pizza and beer. I found out that I was hyper sensitive to sodium, so it is possible, but unless you have my problem your scale is broken. Probably a tension wire broke if it is an analog or the batteries need replacing if it is a digital, or the stabilizer broke.
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    I'd change the battery and try again. It's got to be a glitch.
  • 20tulipgirl20
    Options
    You didn't gain that much over one night. It is just your scale, mine does the same thing. I weighed myself five different times within only a few minutes and each time it gave me five completely different measurements. Try keeping the scale on a flat surface the exact same way each time. If that doesn't work, I would consider getting a new scale.
  • katieannd
    katieannd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale, and sometimes there is a small piece of dust/hair or whatever that gets stuck underneath that messes the sensors resulting in a smaller number on the scale :P
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    My guess, your scale is broke.

+1
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    no way lol.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    someone once told me that around "that time of month" a woman body holds more water, anyone know if this is true?

:huh:

you can't seriously be considering that you may be retaining that much water?!?!

and if you are something is very wrong
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Either your scale is broke, or you ate almost a whole automotive tire in the night (20 lbs)
    I bet its your scale!:laugh:
  • swiftfox82
    Options
    It may just be me but I always lose weight better on my period and gain weight and bloating the week before my period. My skin also clears up when my period starts. It is pretty important to make sure your hormones are in balance.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Change the battery
    Wear the same clothes every time (naked is preferred)
    Weigh yourself on hard surface versus carpet
    Weigh yourself first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom for the most reliable results.

If you gained 18lbs overnight, do you notice it in your clothes? In your rings? If you "gained" all of that, I would guess that your clothes would be near impossible to wear. And your rings wouldn't fit if you had any regular rings that you wear.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    If the scale is digital, change the batteries, they get weird when the batteries are losing power.
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My guess, your scale is broke.
    ^
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Faulty scale and/or did you have it on carpet? Apparently that can cause it to do crazy things as well. But there's no way that you gained 18 lbs overnight. It's seriously pretty much impossible. Your gut would likely explode if you ate that much food.
  • JJ2787
    JJ2787 Posts: 7
    Options
    The only thing that I had yesterday that im not to proud of is 1 serving of a canned soup
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Water weighs 8 pounds per gallon, so you would have had to consume more than 2 gallons of water overnight - you would probably have been real sick if you did.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    maybe you need to poop
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    alien abduction.

i'm not sure if they abducted you or the scale though. not enough evidence.
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Scale problem fo sho.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I weighed 161 when I went to bed last night and when I woke up I weighed 179. Yeah so any ideas on what happened. I been a lot of problems with yo-yoing to, I thought I was doing everything right

Lmao.

Check your scale.