I gained 18 pounds overnight

Options

Replies

• BadgerSensei
    BadgerSensei Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Might be a chestburster! Or clothing? Otherwise, I'm under the impression that's pretty much impossible.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    someone once told me that around "that time of month" a woman body holds more water, anyone know if this is true?

You wouldn't retain that much water. I've seen a jump like that over the course of a week, but not in one day. Check the batteries in your scale.
  • gts175
    gts175 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Have you seen your cat today???
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    wow.
  • colie1986
    colie1986 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It has to be your scale. With an 18 pound gain, especially overnight, you will notice it in your body and your clothes!
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Have you seen your cat today???

Perhaps he hopped on the scale behind her and she didn't notice!
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Time for a break the scale party. always put it on the same spot in the floor and wear the same thing to get the best readings
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    wow, that is impressive. I've gained a little over 10 in a day. My first response would be that the scale is busted or low on batteries, but mine was confirmed on two different scales.

Water is pretty heavy and its kinda shocking how much and how fast retaining it can add pounds. Its almost certainly water weight. if it comes on fast, it can come of fast
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    Do you happen to have a towel rack in front of your scales? You might be going "Homer Simpson" on them.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I once ate 10lbs of pizza for lunch (verified by before/after on a shipping scale). But I could tell I was heaver. Your scale got jacked.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    it has to be the scale. mine doesn't work properly on any type of rug. I thought it would work in my room because it is actually a converted garage so the floor underneath is concrete covered by a thin burbur carpet. Like office or school carpeting. Very thin. But it still wouldn't give an accurate reading. Another time, I got some wacky readings in the kitchen on the wood floor and my mom suggested moving the scale to another spot on the floor where it looks absolutely level. Our house is a fixer-upper and the landlord laid the kitchen floor themselves. If there is any unevenness it can reflect on the reading, even if its slight. So check your surface, check your batteries, check to see if a switch got flipped and maybe its on a different setting, and if none of that works I'd find a new scale. good luck!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    So Monday you weighed 161. When did you last weigh before that and what was your weight? Maybe the Monday weight was wrong and the Tuesday weight was correct. How do your clothes feel? They're my best gage. And I would get a new scale.
  • plexiform
    plexiform Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Buy a nice new scale for yourself. Yours is broked!! ;)
  • aemoomoo
    aemoomoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My guess, your scale is broke.

this.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I once ate 10lbs of pizza for lunch (verified by before/after on a shipping scale). But I could tell I was heaver. Your scale got jacked.

You should contact Food Network immediately. Even Adam Richman from Man vs. Food can only take on -/+ 7lbs of food at a time. You could be the next big star in television gluttony.
  • AntoneWood
    Options
    Did you transport to a different planet in your sleep? Maybe you were abducted by aliens and the atmosphere from their planet has affected you. Sorry, just being silly! Gotta be the scale.
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    How many bananas did you have yesterday?
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    once, do to a user error, i lost 13 overnight. lol. then i realized what i did and my cautious happiness was busted.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    scale is broke... OR you drank two gallons of water just before stepping on the scale?
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It has to be your scale to have that much of a jump in weight. Start again tomorrow and keep a written log, or just go get another scale...

Could be the scale, or it could be the floor you're standing on. Is your floor level and firm? Sometimes a weak floor (like in a mobile home or old house) causes fluctuations on the scale. Try weighing on a firm, level surface.