Mike's Daily Rant 10/17/2012 McDonalds MilkShake Melee

Options
Here we go again! I really don't understand McDonalds! Don't get me wrong, I love McDonalds but they do things that I can't stand! This morning I decided that I would treat myself to breakfast at McDonalds. I get up to the counter and ask for a medium Vanilla Milkshake.
The guy looks at me funny and says, "Sir, we dont serve Milkshakes for breakfast."
I then ask, "Why not?"
He says, "I really dont know why but we dont." "We have milk."
I'm thinking to myself, if the milk aint shook up, I dont want it. However, I just smile and say "Thank You." as I walk away.
I get upset but there is no point in continuing to press the issue because I want to be early for work. The whole time I'm walking back to my car pissed because they stop serving milkshakes for breakfast. Im hungry, upset and confused. Thats a bad combination. I attempt to convince myself that its ok that I didnt get my milkshake. But Im still not ok about it. Im still hungry and craving a milkshake. I should be able to get a milkshake anytime of day. The McDonalds is opened 24 hours but they stop serving breakfast from 5am to 10:30am? That really upsets me. It always happens this way. My craving for a milkshake will be gone by the time I leave work. Or Im headed home from the gym and I want an Ice Cream cone. Pull up and the Ice Cream Machine doesnt work. Why does the McDonlads God hate me!?!? Oh well! The part that gets me is that I was shut down for trying to do wrong. I was going to transfer my MilkShake into a clear cup that I use at the gym and lie to people at work and if asked, say it was an energy/protein drink. I guess it happened this way for a reason.

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    You should've just asked him to shake the milk hard!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds has no lean protein in their entire breakfast menu...I wish they'd get on board with other chains that serve full menu all day long.
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Haha im loving your daily rants!!!

There was a lady next to me one time asking about a "diet milkshake". Really?! It's a millkshake you HAVE to know it's going to be a lot of calories! That's what makes it so dang good!
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thats Karma Baby! I guess that's why the Ice Cream Machine is always broken at every Mc D's in the country when you want Ice Cream after 5:00 p.m..WHO DOES THAT!!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    You should've just asked him to shake the milk hard!

That would upset me even more.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Well, as for breakfast/lunch, it's a huge changeover for the food. But the milkshake machine is RIGHT THERE!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    mcdonalds has no lean protein in their entire breakfast menu...I wish they'd get on board with other chains that serve full menu all day long.

None!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha, YES you didnt need it clearly! Thats what you get cuz you had a plan, all bad one at that to lie and conceal what was in your cup all equates to Mike not needing no milkshake...LOLOLOLOLOLOL Oh that is funny!!!!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is God's way of saying you don't need the empty calories...besides, where I live, Rush's is a WAY better milkshake anyway. Sonic too. Or a frosty for that matter. If I am going to spend calories, I don't want to waste them on McD's, they need to be worth it! My junk food needs to be of the best quality, and McD's sure ain't it. :laugh:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Thats terrible, you didn't get your milkshake at whatever time it was. Life is just not fair is it
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can get milkshakes at Sonic for breakfast- I learned this when I was pregnant. :)
  • bvinette31
    bvinette31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mike,
    I have worked at McDonald's for a few years. The milkshake machine (also ice cream for sundaes and flurries) goes down automatically for a few hours every day to go into a heat/ self-cleaning mode. Ours goes down between 3am and 7am. We then have to pump each flavor line to get it going. I worked at another store that has their machine in heat mode from 4am to 8am. If it was in that time frame, the machine was probably in heat mode. There is also the possibility that the kid is new and assumed milkshakes aren't served at breakfast beause it isn't a breakfast item. However, if the machine is on there is no reason why you can not buy a milkshake. I've never turned down a customer wanting a shamrock shake with his egg mcmuffin.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Haha im loving your daily rants!!!

There was a lady next to me one time asking about a "diet milkshake". Really?! It's a millkshake you HAVE to know it's going to be a lot of calories! That's what makes it so dang good!

So delicious!
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    So try somewhere else. Mickey D's shakes are so chalky I don't know why you would ever crave one!
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I can tell you why (from my younger days working fast food) The machine has to be drained and cleaned every night. They normally leave it off for the night for two reasons a) there's a chance that the gears will freeze up causing the machine to break down and b) there is not a lot of demand for shakes in the morning. The breakfast crew puts the machine together about mid morning to have it ready for lunch. Its mostly about demand.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    At the very least, if that is the worst thing that is going to happen to you today, it will be a damn good day!
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    ditto
  • r0se125
    r0se125 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The mcdonalds i worked at when i was a teen served milkshakes all day...weiiird. sorry you didnt get your shake! i know not full filling a craving can really screw your whole day up!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Thats Karma Baby! I guess that's why the Ice Cream Machine is always broken at every Mc D's in the country when you want Ice Cream after 5:00 p.m..WHO DOES THAT!!!

I just gave up. I tried this morning and pissed me off all over again. LOL>
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Well, as for breakfast/lunch, it's a huge changeover for the food. But the milkshake machine is RIGHT THERE!

Yet they cant let me get a little bit?!