Mike's Daily Rant 10/17/2012 McDonalds MilkShake Melee

Options

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha, YES you didnt need it clearly! Thats what you get cuz you had a plan, all bad one at that to lie and conceal what was in your cup all equates to Mike not needing no milkshake...LOLOLOLOLOLOL Oh that is funny!!!!

Yeah but I would divulge the lie unless asked. LOL.
  • lorishultis
    lorishultis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    First off good for you on the 200lbs lost! Second - go to jack in the box, they serve the full menu alllllll day long, lol
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Maybe this is God's way of saying you don't need the empty calories...besides, where I live, Rush's is a WAY better milkshake anyway. Sonic too. Or a frosty for that matter. If I am going to spend calories, I don't want to waste them on McD's, they need to be worth it! My junk food needs to be of the best quality, and McD's sure ain't it. :laugh:

I have heard of Rush's but never had it. We do have Sonics but I like there cherry Limeades. Yum!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Thats terrible, you didn't get your milkshake at whatever time it was. Life is just not fair is it

It was 6:00A.M It wasnt fair but I will live I guess.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is God's way of saying you don't need the empty calories...besides, where I live, Rush's is a WAY better milkshake anyway. Sonic too. Or a frosty for that matter. If I am going to spend calories, I don't want to waste them on McD's, they need to be worth it! My junk food needs to be of the best quality, and McD's sure ain't it. :laugh:

^^^ this. Exactly this.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    McDonald's really does have their hours screwed up. They're open 24/7, yet EVERY McDonald's around me begins serving breakfast at a different time. Most of them start around 2-3am or they only offer what they call a "partial lunch". What the hell is that!? They don't even have a menu for it.. they just ask you what you want and tell you "No, nope, no" until you finally state something that they have. The time that they stop serving 'lunch' foods varies depending on how lazy the staff is that night.

At 2-3 AM all of the wasted people are leaving the bars hungry. They do NOT want some stupid McMuffin.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    You can get milkshakes at Sonic for breakfast- I learned this when I was pregnant. :)

Thanks for the heads up but they have non on my way to work. :sad: :sad:
  • lleelloo
    lleelloo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    lol #firstworldproblems

Hope you get your milkshake in the end though!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Mike,
    I have worked at McDonald's for a few years. The milkshake machine (also ice cream for sundaes and flurries) goes down automatically for a few hours every day to go into a heat/ self-cleaning mode. Ours goes down between 3am and 7am. We then have to pump each flavor line to get it going. I worked at another store that has their machine in heat mode from 4am to 8am. If it was in that time frame, the machine was probably in heat mode. There is also the possibility that the kid is new and assumed milkshakes aren't served at breakfast beause it isn't a breakfast item. However, if the machine is on there is no reason why you can not buy a milkshake. I've never turned down a customer wanting a shamrock shake with his egg mcmuffin.

Makes plenty of sense now that you explained that. It was 6:00A.M and those pumpkin Milkshakes are orgasmic!! I cant wait until they put those in rotation!
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    McDonalds recently opened a location near my house that is not only 24/7/365 BUT it also serves the entire breakfast menu all day! Dangerous. I think they must have milkshakes all day too if they're willing to make hot cakes at 2am.
  • robmcd88
    robmcd88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Next time slam your hand on the counter to make a real loud noise and get some attention. Then mumble something about a milkshake and suing the doors off the place as you storm out. People love that live action drama.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    they don't even serve milkshakes in Mcdonalds in Spain
    now that is a huuuge deal for me :(
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    So try somewhere else. Mickey D's shakes are so chalky I don't know why you would ever crave one!

I like them.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Mike,
    I have worked at McDonald's for a few years. The milkshake machine (also ice cream for sundaes and flurries) goes down automatically for a few hours every day to go into a heat/ self-cleaning mode. Ours goes down between 3am and 7am. We then have to pump each flavor line to get it going. I worked at another store that has their machine in heat mode from 4am to 8am. If it was in that time frame, the machine was probably in heat mode. There is also the possibility that the kid is new and assumed milkshakes aren't served at breakfast beause it isn't a breakfast item. However, if the machine is on there is no reason why you can not buy a milkshake. I've never turned down a customer wanting a shamrock shake with his egg mcmuffin.

This is great. I love when people give a real explanation. I run a convenience store and things break CONSTANTLY, people b!tch but don't care to hear an explanation.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I can tell you why (from my younger days working fast food) The machine has to be drained and cleaned every night. They normally leave it off for the night for two reasons a) there's a chance that the gears will freeze up causing the machine to break down and b) there is not a lot of demand for shakes in the morning. The breakfast crew puts the machine together about mid morning to have it ready for lunch. Its mostly about demand.

Thank You. Makes sense now.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    At the very least, if that is the worst thing that is going to happen to you today, it will be a damn good day!

Lets hope. :laugh: :laugh:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking to myself, if the milk aint shook up, I dont want it.

^^^LMAO
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha, YES you didnt need it clearly! Thats what you get cuz you had a plan, all bad one at that to lie and conceal what was in your cup all equates to Mike not needing no milkshake...LOLOLOLOLOLOL Oh that is funny!!!!

Totally agreed!! You were not meant to have the shake for breakfast.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    Steak N Shake and Jack in the Box have milkshakes available 24 hrs a day....just saying.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    The mcdonalds i worked at when i was a teen served milkshakes all day...weiiird. sorry you didnt get your shake! i know not full filling a craving can really screw your whole day up!

Thanks! I will live. I am really looking forward to lunch I brought mandarin oranges.