Mike's Daily Rant 10/17/2012 McDonalds MilkShake Melee

Options

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    First off good for you on the 200lbs lost! Second - go to jack in the box, they serve the full menu alllllll day long, lol

Thank You! We dont have Jack In The Box though. :-) I hardly crave this kind of stuff now but when I do, I want it!! LOL. I will be fine though.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I can tell you why (from my younger days working fast food) The machine has to be drained and cleaned every night. They normally leave it off for the night for two reasons a) there's a chance that the gears will freeze up causing the machine to break down and b) there is not a lot of demand for shakes in the morning. The breakfast crew puts the machine together about mid morning to have it ready for lunch. Its mostly about demand.

I used to work at Burger King when I was a kid...I was going to say the same thing...but was a bit worried lol
  • alflaf
    alflaf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My five year old wanted a McDonald's milkshake at five a.m. the other day and they were in the process of cleaning the machine, so no milkshake. She was just as happy though to have a strawberry smoothie instead which I think they have 24/7? It was as sweet as a milkshake...
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Next time it happens chain yourself to the drive through and tell em if you don't get your shake in 2 minutes you are gonna swallow the key. They wont mess with you again :grumble:
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was going to transfer my MilkShake into a clear cup that I use at the gym and lie to people at work and if asked, say it was an energy/protein drink. .

THAT'S why the McDonald's god hates you.....
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    lol #firstworldproblems

Hope you get your milkshake in the end though!

LOL. I hate to say that after talking about it now, I dont even crave it anymore. Oh Well. It was meant to happen this way.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Maybe this is God's way of saying you don't need the empty calories...besides, where I live, Rush's is a WAY better milkshake anyway. Sonic too. Or a frosty for that matter. If I am going to spend calories, I don't want to waste them on McD's, they need to be worth it! My junk food needs to be of the best quality, and McD's sure ain't it. :laugh:

^^^ this. Exactly this.

Dang!!!! You lost a lot of weight! Well Done!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    McDonalds recently opened a location near my house that is not only 24/7/365 BUT it also serves the entire breakfast menu all day! Dangerous. I think they must have milkshakes all day too if they're willing to make hot cakes at 2am.

That is very Dangerous. Dont even tell me where you are. LOL.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Next time slam your hand on the counter to make a real loud noise and get some attention. Then mumble something about a milkshake and suing the doors off the place as you storm out. People love that live action drama.

Deal that sounds like something foolish that I would do. LOL.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    they don't even serve milkshakes in Mcdonalds in Spain
    now that is a huuuge deal for me :(

Yikes!!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha, YES you didnt need it clearly! Thats what you get cuz you had a plan, all bad one at that to lie and conceal what was in your cup all equates to Mike not needing no milkshake...LOLOLOLOLOLOL Oh that is funny!!!!

Totally agreed!! You were not meant to have the shake for breakfast.

:cry: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I would actually prefer that they serve breakfast all day.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Steak N Shake and Jack in the Box have milkshakes available 24 hrs a day....just saying.

Love Steak N Shake!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    My five year old wanted a McDonald's milkshake at five a.m. the other day and they were in the process of cleaning the machine, so no milkshake. She was just as happy though to have a strawberry smoothie instead which I think they have 24/7? It was as sweet as a milkshake...

Sweeter! But I dont like ther smoothies. LOL. I like Burger King's though.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Next time it happens chain yourself to the drive through and tell em if you don't get your shake in 2 minutes you are gonna swallow the key. They wont mess with you again :grumble:

*Taking Notes* :smokin:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I was going to transfer my MilkShake into a clear cup that I use at the gym and lie to people at work and if asked, say it was an energy/protein drink. .

THAT'S why the McDonald's god hates you.....

Good Point! LOL.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I would actually prefer that they serve breakfast all day.

Me too but that is so dangerous because I love pork just about any combination.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    #FWP

(ETA: But in no way am I saying this isn't a real problem though.)
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Starbucks makes a mean vanilla shake - any time of the day :tongue:

Bummer of a way to start the day!!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    #FWP

(ETA: But in no way am I saying this isn't a real problem though.)

6:00am