Down 40lbs: from a size 12/14 to a size 6 (with pictures)

Options

Replies

• La_dolce_vita_222
    Options
    Wow, that's one word I have for the progess you've made. You are an inspiration. I am a mother of a 11 month old and have to lose 73 pounds. I have been working out for over 3 weeks (Jillian Michaels - No more trouble zones, shred it with weights, 30 day shred, Banish fat boost metabolism) eating 1200 calories a day but have not lost inches or pounds. I drink 2.5 litres of water as well. It's pretty depressing - I am not sure what I am doing wrong. But at this point I feel like giving up. You story is inspiring - I wonder what I doing wrong...was your diet / lifestyle change all about eating high protien, low carb? Agghhh - see, I don't even know what questions to ask you...
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing. Well done
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's one word I have for the progess you've made. You are an inspiration. I am a mother of a 11 month old and have to lose 73 pounds. I have been working out for over 3 weeks (Jillian Michaels - No more trouble zones, shred it with weights, 30 day shred, Banish fat boost metabolism) eating 1200 calories a day but have not lost inches or pounds. I drink 2.5 litres of water as well. It's pretty depressing - I am not sure what I am doing wrong. But at this point I feel like giving up. You story is inspiring - I wonder what I doing wrong...was your diet / lifestyle change all about eating high protien, low carb? Agghhh - see, I don't even know what questions to ask you...

You seem to be pretty active - are you actually eating enough calories? I know MFP tells you to eat 1200 cals but it tells everyone the same, regardless of height, weight etc. I lost 7lbs last year in 3 months eating 1200 cals but put it all back on. This year I lost it in 6 weeks eating 1400 cals. It worth checking out other sites recommendations on your calories goals
  • TinaLucan
    TinaLucan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!
  • La_dolce_vita_222
    Options
    Thanks so much for that. Yes MFP told me 1200 so I stuck to it. I did try other sites and they gave me higher calorie targets - but I said to my self "eat less, lose weight faster" and went with the 1200 target. Also, although I stick to the 1200 calorie target, I guess I need to figure out - how much of protiens, carbs and fats - that does make a difference? At this point, I'm like..."what if I eat more than 1200 calories and put on weight rather than lose" - I guess I just need to trust the experts and go for it....
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Amazing! you look absolutely beautiful! congratulations!
  • kachochan
    Options
    Amazing transformation!
    Gorgeous!

I'm doing Jillian's 30DS, and I'm also not going to diet, I changed my life style and I am enjoying it more than ever.

Good luck!
  • cassieSomething
    cassieSomething Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    how many calories did you eat a day? i have about the same starting weight.
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    OP, you look amazing! My stats are so similar to yours so this gives me hope! I am 5'5", started at 180 in a size 12 with a goal of 135. Seeing your transformation is a HUGE inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • LBournes10Again
    Options
    Awesome Job !
  • Momowink
    Momowink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I've just finished level 1 of the 30 Day Shred, and I'm loving the motivation to keep going with it from you!
    xx
  • kenziestx
    Options
    You look fantastic. Way to stick with it. I may have to check out these Jillian Michaels videso that I keep hearing about once I get to onederland.
  • BellaNoel87
    BellaNoel87 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Makes me want to dig up my old jillian michaels dvds I gave up on them but this makes me want to try again! You look amazing congrats on the success:)
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • cdharris94
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats girl!
  • HananYako30
    HananYako30 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!!
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Look fabulous! :smile:
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Good job, esp. like the "it can be done without a gym", as not everyone can afford a membership, $ 70.00 a month where I live.

WTG !
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!