What do you wish you could tell your teenage self?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Put down the cigarettes and drugs, don't settle for being treated poorly by a man, learn what's really important in life (God, my daughter) and then focus on that.
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Go get the girl, she thinks your funny.

Oh, and listen to that coach that's recruiting you. Yeah, Illinois is cold for a country boy and away from the family but going there can take you so many places you'll never go otherwise.....and you can take your family with you then.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You will lose your fears & grow out of that shy protective shell which surrounds you. You will become a strong,independent, & secure woman who will command respect from others. You will have a worthwhile career with good financial security. You will become a loving wife & mother & you will not become the spinister aunt to all.
  • jojeh2011
    jojeh2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    - figure out a way to incorporate regular activity into your daily routine. you're not as busy as you think, and this should be just as high a priority as breathing or eating
    - don't change yourself to fit in with the crowd. do YOU.
    - spend that year studying abroad in Europe, or on the volunteer trip in Mexico
    - apply to scholarship programs during your senior year.
    - don't sleep with the first man that says 'I love you'. wait until you actually believe what he says, and feel the same way in return.

so. much. more.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    stay in school, things will get better WHEN you take control accept consqences, So do what you need for you, even if your family thinks your selfish.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    High school is just a small blip on your life and it won't mean a thing 10 years from now. And just because a boy wants to sleep with you, doesn't give your life value.
    Or is this supposed to be about weight loss? if so, then

Don't let yourself get more than 10 pounds overweight cus its a real B to get it off when you are 50! And that great skin wont last forever. Take care of it.
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    you don't have to date EVERYBODY, slow down on the alcohol and you dont have to blaze up EVERYday....

p.s. the acid wasn't worth the trip

ha i was a wild one, honestly
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    "Its ok to not be into what everyone else is. Don't pretend to like something just to fit in. Fitting in is overrated.", "Take a year off before college." annnnnnnd, "Find Eric faster." He became my husband. :)
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    GO hug your parents...they will both be dead in a few years:( :brokenheart:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful, stop hating yourself
  • 38jaybird
    38jaybird Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :laugh: HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!
  • 38jaybird
    38jaybird Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself to study hard and do my best! Don't throw this opportunity away. Don't marry so young. Get a career instead of a job.
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    1.) Stand up for yourself more often. That girl who bullies you? She's just jealous and becomes your friend the second you tell her where to go and how to get there.
    2.) That guy you have a crush on now won't even be your type anymore when you graduate. Bonus: when you're an adult, he'll comment on a picture of you in front of everyone and say "Wow! I would have paid more attention to you in HS!" :bigsmile:
    3.) You ARE beautiful and do NOT need to wear revealing clothes in order to feel that way.
    4.) STOP spending your allowance on McDonald's and candy. Sure you're skinny now, but everyone's right: it DOES catch up to you!
    5.) Stop wasting your high school years on being popular and ACTUALLY use that brain of yours to get a scholarship. You'll regret it if you don't. Besides, you won't keep in consistent touch with even your closest HS friends.
    6.) Your HS sweetheart DOES love and respect you. Your HS "best friend" is only envious and sadly, a narcissistic sociopath. Dump him instead.

Finally:
    Teaching yourself music video choreography, learning the moonwalk before ever taking a dance class, 500 sit-ups "just because you can", keeping your natural curl, not smoking, drinking OR doing drugs and losing your V card to the right person will ALL pay off exponentially, so keep up the great work!
  • elebel82
    elebel82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That even though you've been told thousands of times, you're not completely repulsive and unlovable, but you do have to do something about the way you think about yourself.

Despite the fact that it's in all sorts of PSAs, being cool isn't really cool. It won't benefit you. Try and do the right thing for yourself, even though that's what they suggest in such PSAs.

That people are just people. You're a person too. People don't judge you quite as harshly as you judge yourself. Be yourself, you'll make friends. Stop being embarrassed about everything.

You'll feel better about fitness once you get past the embarrassment, just do it and you'll be 15 years up on what I am.

Of course, teenage me wouldn't listen to 30 year old me, but, y'know.
  • Kali_Dreams
    Options
    You're not the one who's f-cked up. The people around you are ignorant, selfish, small-minded *kitten*.

You will be just fine -- better yet, you will shine -- when you get out of this craphole.

Life is good out there in the world, you just have to be patient and stay the course.

I thank you for this!!! I'm 20 and I fckn love this!
  • GetFitCarly
    Options
    "put down the food"
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes you can wear 30" waist, white jeans - but just don't....
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Yes you can wear 30" waist, white jeans - but just don't....

^ I fell about laughing when I read this.

Travolta was cool in the white trouser suit, but that was in 1977.

...I'm just saying ...