What do you wish you could tell your teenage self?

Options

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Stop being so damn shy. Talk to guys, you are NOT ugly, nor are you fat!!
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the days while they last, they don't last long. Keep up the good work, it is not all for nothing. You will be proud of yourself if you stay on the right path...... hey stupid you got off the path!
  • emisaur
    Options
    Figure out your gender identity now and just get on hormones. P.S. Just stop drinking pop, you'd never have gotten fat
  • SusannaDandana
    Options
    You are beautiful. Please know that even when you don't.
  • SusannaDandana
    Options
    Ha!
  • samaria26
    Options
    There are so many things that I wish that I could tell my teenage self starting with

You are NOT malnourished, you are just skinny. There is nothing wrong with being skinny.....although you may want to consult a doctor about finding you some curves!!! :laugh:

Ben and Jerry's is NOT your friend, nor is Mayfield!!!

Stop loaning your bicycle out to strangers! You really could go places using your own bike ya know!!!

Stop letting your neighborhood friends use your basketball unless you are using it with them!

A little exercise wont kill ya!
  • doriprovince
    doriprovince Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • howens1027
    Options
    I would tell my teenage self not to worry about what others think, to take the path I choose for me and not for others.
  • iluv2laugh
    Options
    i'm a teenager right now and i was wondering if there was anything u guys would like to say to me i really wanna try and have a great childhood and not look bk on my teen years and say what was i thinkin lol :D
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Party like its 1999 (which it was)
    Have the time of your life
    Have no regrets now cause getting older sucks. :laugh:
  • tmejias
    tmejias Posts: 11
    Options
    I would say be yourself and think about having kids later in life. Then I would hug myself for doing a wonderful job of being a teenage mom and making it! Oh! And dont let ANYONE control you and tell you what you can and can't do.
  • iluv2laugh
    Options
    hey that's the year i was born lol
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Try new sports- just because you are a girl it doesnt mean you cannot play soccer! Try more than one sport - you will meet real good friends playing sports instead of your "hang-out" buddies. Enjoy your body and all it can do - it will change! Stay thin - work out several times a week, eat healthy food and don't let food be your friend. The idiots you know - dump them - they are not going anywhere. Be OK to be by yourself until you find quality friends. Do not get married in your twenties!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sillykitty88
    Options
    - That boy does NOT love you. It's OK to be alone. Your head will never be the same.
    - Don't let someone pressure you into that tattoo, even though its cute, you still regret it!
    -Smoking, drinking, and sleeping around does not make you cooler.
    - You are worth WAYYY more than how they made you feel, and its not your fault. Treasure yourself.
    - Respect your parents.

The 5 things I wish I knew. My whole world would have been different.
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    You have tons of potential, don't settle for a mediocre life. You don't need a boyfriend to have value, in fact no one you will meet in High School will affect the rest of your adult life. Develop your talents and interests and keep a passion for learning alive. As boring as school is, put in the effort to prove how smart you are. People respect achievement in this country. Find a mentor who is an expert in your field. The public education system may not be enough to have a marketable skill. And last, nothing is set in concrete, you can always redirect your path. Oh, and you know how you thought your mother was crazy and it made you so angry? Well, she was, so be a little kinder, she did her best.
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Go get your thyroid checked - that's why you're so exhausted all the time.
    You're actually fit right now, enjoy it.
    Beer is really fattening, don't drink it, no matter how cheap the draft beer is.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    your mother is a liar, don't believe everything she tells you about your father, your siblings, or your uncles. Don't let her blind you because when you are an adult and realize what she is, you won't have any of your family around.
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    hey that's the year i was born lol

A great year!!! The year I graduated, lol.... :drinker:
    I really am getting old
  • iluv2laugh
    Options