What do you wish you could tell your teenage self?

Options

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'd tell her to put down all that food, and start exercising and eating right... before she becomes her father.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    That I wasn't as fat as I thought I was (God I wish I could go back to my teenage weight!) and to be more social!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Don't take out any student loans.
    It doesn't matter what you get a degree in, you won't find a job with it.
    Tell Doug no. You'll know when.
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would say: Don't listen to your parents, maybe they mean no harm, but they have absolutly no plan! They are selfish and you are not comming EVER somewhere in the first three spots of importancy! Make yourselfe number one priority, cause they won't do it!

Sad but true!
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'd tell her to do the hardest thing ever and stand up to her mother and the rest of her family... and GO FOR IT! Seriously not a day goes by that I don't regret allowing my mother and family (based on religion) to talk me into pursuing a 2 year degree instead of taking full advantage of my full ride scholarships. Now I am saddled with thousands in student loans when I could have gotten out of there scott free.

Yeah nothing to do with weight loss.... or well maybe it does. If I hadn't been shoved down the two year path, I wouldn't have gotten so heavily into horses, and never would have messed my back up the way I did, possibly could have avoided two back surgeries, 6 months of being bed ridden, and a whole host of other heartbreaks. Who knows.
  • Momma1213
    Options
    Stick with the Martial Arts, stop eating the junk food, and stay on the path you have chosen.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    "Your grandmother and mom aren't wrong, if you keep eating like crap you'll look like crap. Put down the donut and workout."
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Major in business, not communications.
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    I'd like to go back and hug the teenage me.

Me too.
  • abrewer563
    Options
    I would say wait until a few years from now and then you'll actually be able to call yourself fat.... 00 is not fat at all.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You know that thing you hate? For gods sake fix it early, don't wait another ten years!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    People are jerks; don't worry what they think of you.

Don't be so shy around boys...

ETA: Stop obsessing about your weight.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself: "you are smart, you are kind, you are beautiful, and I love you". Because I was smart, kind and beautiful but destroyed my youth by constantly thinking the opposite and then acting accordingly. Love, support, and encouragement from parents is so important; when we are denied that there is a big hole inside that can't be filled. However, now at almost 40 my life is improving all the time!
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would say you don't have to settle for a cheater because you think you are worthless. You become so much more than stupid like he told you that you are....you'll only be married to him for 3 years so why not just drop him now and find the one you are meant for. This one will lift you up and in 30 years you will still be happy and married. What a life you will have!
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    "PULL OUT!!!!!"
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm assuming I tell my teenage self this at the right time...

"Do not give it up on prom night, seriously! Not worth it"
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Buy Google and Apple stock.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    "You're going to Oklahoma after high school. Stay there! DO NOT come back to Missouri. You will be miserable the rest of your life!!"
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    She lied , she's NOT on the pill!:tongue:
  • dbriggs9
    dbriggs9 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't ever make decisions based on a boy