What do you wish you could tell your teenage self?

Options

Replies

• nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    "PUT DOWN THE CHEESE CAKE"

and
    "things are going to get better- trust me"
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    To stop thinking you're fat because you will only eat your feelings and actually become fat when you were actually ok in the first place.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Don't start smoking and things are going to get WAY more difficult for you if you don't quit eating the way you're eating right now.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Being different is a GOOD thing!
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    Don't drink soo much, try and keep it in your pants a bit more, here is a list of all the lottery numbers for the next 20 years.....oh and stop smokin d***head :smile:

17427511.png
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Something along the lines of "You're awesome".

Oh, and maybe: "Get a haircut. Now."
  • headoverhills
    Options
    You are unique and beautiful just the way you are. High school sucks, just get through it. Stick with your university studies, they're the most fun you'll have!! Don't be a perfectionist, you'll end up in the looney bin at 70 :) (Still heading that way ....) DON'T MARRY A "PROJECT", thinking you can change them, IT DOESN"T WORK.
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    DONT SPEND MONEY ON 8 TRACS
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    'That girl who bullies you now for being different will be a benefit cheating drug addict who neglects her children, you will be a good mother and wife and have a happy life. You will also tell this girl to Feck off out of it when she requests you as a Facebook friend'

'Put the cigarettes down NOW'
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I'd probably tell myself to start exercising and not stop EVER. The other part would be to tell myself to travel more as a younger person. Basically, try to go to one place every year...so you're not cramming it all in later on.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Savile will not fix it for you.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Start exercising and eating well now. Also, wait a year and work towards buying a car and getting your license BEFORE college. Oh and major in something useful. Like, not in the liberal arts and sciences. You'll end up working in a warehouse because no one needs writers anymore. Oh and don't get an Okcupid account. It's for your own good.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    1 - "You're not fat"
    2- "Go to the doctors"

1 - I was a size 10 (UK) just 2 years ago, and always thought I was fat.. :frown: I look back now, and honestly don't know how I used to think that! I'm now 20 and a size 16 - 18.

2 - I've always been scared of the doctors haha... :ohwell: Found out the other day I could have Hypothyroidism, due to feeling incredibly sluggish and gaining weight for no reason, along with numerous other symptoms.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    Jimmy Savile will not fix it for you.

lol :laugh:

17427511.png
  • seaKind
    seaKind Posts: 136
    Options
    are any teens reading this and getting anything from it? oh well...

I'd say- DON'T DO BIRTH CONTROL (go ahead n smoke a little weed, but stay off the bc!)

really, it will screw up your system and can wreck your fertility for later when you do want to have babies. PLus most of them are abortifacients and kill our babies which- at some point in your life- will probably weigh more heavily on you conscience than the fat does on your thighs! If you must have sex, be mature enough to deal with the results, but better yet- just wait and spend this time having fun at plenty of other things.

there. i said it. go ahead and roll your eyes...
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I would say-

Yes your dad's seriously ill, but you'll have another 12 years with him so get out there, live our life, laugh and do random stuff.

You will go to Uni, and it will be great!

Go do VSO, don't let anything stop you.

Stand up to Mum.

You've got great people to meet and great places to see. Hold your head up.

By the way, no one will ever tell you this, but you look gorgeous, especially when you smile!
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    "Thank God you were the naive kid growing up- you didn't get into any *kitten*"
    "Don't date in HS."
    "DO NOT room with the ultra conservative AoG b*tch in college. She'll start a witchhunt after her convertion plan fails."
    "Listen to your mom, she was right about everything."

Just remember "happily ever after" does exist once you learn to love yourself.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'd say...."You had the power then to change your life"
  • Ichristini
    Ichristini Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Enjoy life, be smart, trust your gut, lose you gut! Love your family, they are your rock, your heros are not invincible, they are human and our human life ends, so again enjoy life!
  • jnoring
    jnoring Posts: 93
    Options
    Your metabolism won’t even last into your 20’s. Stop eating so much ice cream.