What do you wish you could tell your teenage self?

Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You eat a lot now and don't gain weight...well, darling, things may change...

I used to say I didn't care if I gained weight. Back when I could eat a lot and not gain weight...
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    you are NOT fat!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    take advantage of your free gym membership, and get ahead while you still have a nice body.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Don't start smoking and don't eat so much fattening cheese while you are pregnant. hahahaha....
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up. I would tell myself not to get married the first time - but then I wouldn't have my wonderful daughter if I had not.
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You are not a victim and you are not what happened to you, you are who you choose to be. To hell with what everybody else thinks about you or your choices in life, it's your journey and you've learned from every mistake. Most importantly, don't choose to get clean and healthy for anybody else....do it for you because you are worth it.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and valuable.
    Don't question that. Live it!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    When i was a sophmore i got really into weight loss and fitness and lost about 70 lbs overall. i was a size or two smaller than now and i wish i could have told myself "keep plugging, don't give up, you're over halfway there." seriously, if you do senior year is going to be miserable because you'll have gained all the weight back by then!
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    "In a few years, this kid is going to show up on youtube named Justin Bieber. What's youtube, you ask? It's a website where people can upload videos onto the internet, and then they can get famous. He is boy version of Britney Spears. Jared, you can NOT let him upload that video."
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    1. Don't stick your d*ck in crazy.

2. Pick up something heavy, a lot.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    "Everyone is right you are too skinny, you are slowly killing yourself, STOP starving yourself, it's NOT worth it"
    "Mom and Dad are right about sending you away to school, it's going to save your life"

"An oooooooooh you've got so much going for you going right but I know at seventeen it's hard to see past friday night" hahaha JK about that part but now I bet you have the song stuck in your head :P I certainly do
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Play basketball, run track, play soccer... do it all and enjoy....
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Invest in Apple stock and Gold Bullion!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    "In a few years, this kid is going to show up on youtube named Justin Bieber. What's youtube, you ask? It's a website where people can upload videos onto the internet, and then they can get famous. He is boy version of Britney Spears. Jared, you can NOT let him upload that video."
    too funny!
  • ksamml
    ksamml Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Give up, it gets a hell of a lot worse.
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would love to understood how to have a healthy relationship with food. I didn't understand how to eat healthy....I tried, but my lack of knowledge costs me dearly.

Good thread. ;)
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you put your mind to it you can do it, you can do anything, the world is your oyster. Pay more attention in school, go to college (I decided to this when I was 25), go to university. Learn more about the body and food, get a better relationship with both.
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about what other people think of you. They're not thinking about you. They're stressing about what other people think about them.

Save one fifth of what you earn, and buy Australian mining shares with it.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Keep making more gains!
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Finish college, be more involved in extra curricular, worry less what others think, don't get into serious relationships at a young age, focus on a career, save more money, don't smoke cigarettes, don't pickup bad eating habits. Basically everything my MOM told me.