What do you wish you could tell your teenage self?

Options
What would you tell your teen self if you could?

"Stay on your path. Don't follow somebody else onto theirs."

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    "Put down the cigarettes and pick up something heavy. That way you won't be a pathetic sack of **** when you're almost 30, whilst trying to get into the iron game."
  • kodijhill
    kodijhill Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    put down that cake and love yourself for who you are and get active in sports and not care what others think
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to do what is right for you, no matter the effect on someone else's feelings. Stay strong and don't be manipulated.
  • All_is_well_1959
    Options
    I'd like to go back and hug the teenage me.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Exercise! Learn to enjoy it now. Go into nursing now - you are smart enough and capable of it; don't wait a few years and then be behind the curve!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself to HTFU!

I was the nice kid, the friend, the funny guy... the chubby kid.

I would school myself on fitness and nutrition, and kick my own *kitten* in to shape!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    To learn to love herself, differences and all, and to not follow her friend onto a diet that could lead to decades of wasted years.
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    Don't go for those Sallie Mae Student Loans
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    I would not know where to start!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am not saying this because its a fitness site, but I wish I knew I had physical potentional. I would tell myself to do anything, start with sports, start running, anything.
    I used to think I was totally inept at sports, I wish I had started earlier to see where I could have been. Back then I associated sports with ability or losing weight. Since I didn't have to worry about either, I didn't do anything.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    quit eating so much pizza and chocolate! and get off your fat butt and start movin'. jeez lol :laugh:
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    You're not the one who's f-cked up. The people around you are ignorant, selfish, small-minded *kitten*.

You will be just fine -- better yet, you will shine -- when you get out of this craphole.

Life is good out there in the world, you just have to be patient and stay the course.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is a poison.

Stay out of the foodservice industry.

Go to college - max out the loans - finish in 4 years and start a career. After a few years of busting your *kitten*, you'll have time and money to have all the fun you want.
  • afropoodle
    Options
    Put down that cookie and go lift.
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You eat a lot now and don't gain weight...well, darling, things may change...
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Buy gold and apple.
  • rishonb
    rishonb Posts: 232
    Options
    Whatever you do make sure your credit score is perfect!!!!!
  • linusr
    linusr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Stop talking; you'll confirm what people suspect. Start running. And your dad is right, your hair looks awful.
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti might be cheap but it's not worth the weight. Although do buy the elliptical and work out daily!
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    dont eat out everyday. stay in dance. and dont work at coldstones lol