Great clip about how sugar is toxic.

Options

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    INB4 ED

White_Knight.jpg&sa=X&ei=09x_UJbKEuSbyQG_24DgCg&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEvnfycu7By3QtKkJvI0pl9TIzxaA
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUcMc5TitCta3HlTtIzxmkhsgXG95AKhT8DJ5DMjgHe-OsXQEx

Exactly. This thread after the craziness of the fake butter thread and OPs rude people thread is leaving the distinct impression of troll.

Zyntx said all that needed to be said. If this goes further with OPs instigating then it'll be clear what her motives are.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I have been off granulated sugar for more than a week now. . . and hardly miss it :flowerforyou:
    I have substituted my cookies and ice cream with berries and fruits
    I chill them in the fridge and they are delicious:love:
    tnx for the article
    The MNC's are lacing all our foods with way too much sugar and salt :devil: :devil:
    and they can get quite addictive:noway:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If you keep this up, we'll have nothing left to eat that doesn't kill us!!
    Ah hell, not eating will kill us too ...
    Screw it ... *as she reaches into her bag of dark chocolate covered caramels*

Oh! Almost forgot! Those shoes really are fabulous!!!

HA! Knock yourself out! I personally would rather indulge in a nice guacamole or lovely cheese with fine wine.

Ahhhh, see? Therein lies the difference between us ... I partake in those yummy items as well AND I enjoy my chocolate ... and if I'm feeling particularly decadent, I'll have them all in the same day. Limitations are so ... limiting. *shudders*

It is not limiting for those of us not addicted to sweets!

Logical fallacy.

Because someone enjoys something and sees absolutely no reason to stop eating it, then why are they an addict? Its like me saying you are an alcohol because of that wine you say you enjoy!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

HA! Knock yourself out! I personally would rather indulge in a nice guacamole or lovely cheese with fine wine.

Cheese and fine wine both contain sugars, oh noes!

And I'd quit the wine drinking as it's linked to cirrhosis and other bad things
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Toxic: acting as or having the effect of a poison; poisonous: a toxic drug.

The fact that something has negative health affects if over consumed doesn't make it "toxic." If that's your standard, almost any food can be labeled as "toxic."
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Ahhhh, see? Therein lies the difference between us ... I partake in those yummy items as well AND I enjoy my chocolate ... and if I'm feeling particularly decadent, I'll have them all in the same day. Limitations are so ... limiting. *shudders*

Wow, you eat chocolate so you must be really cool!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

No, there is no causality. She's really cool AND she eats chocolate.
  • bcattoes
    Options

How do you know there is no causality?
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    What about fake sugar?

only if you put it on fake food
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    My my, the bullies have been back to feast. Thanks for the nice post comments and observations. Those to you who who are guilty guilty guilty know who you are and your buttons are so easy to find.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    My my, the bullies have been back to feast. Thanks for the nice post comments and observations. Those to you who who are guilty guilty guilty know who you are and your buttons are so easy to find.

Disagreement/rebuttals = bullying, only in your fantasy world
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    What about fake sugar?

Is that as bad as Fake Butter?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    INB4 ED

White_Knight.jpg&sa=X&ei=09x_UJbKEuSbyQG_24DgCg&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEvnfycu7By3QtKkJvI0pl9TIzxaA

:love:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Because I know a lot of non cool chocolate eaters.
  • bcattoes
    Options

Because I know a lot of non cool chocolate eaters.

What does that have to do with her?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Ahhh, so anyone that disagrees with you and your logic is a bully? Didn't realize you were infallible. BTW, doesn't that wine your like contain the same chemical you were demonizing in the Fake Butter thread? Diactyl was it?
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Oxygen is toxic as well...really....it actually killed off 98% of all life on Earth at one point in our development. Maybe we should stop breathing it.....

Lies. Earth is 6,000 years old.

I'm hoping this is sarcasm...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Does anyone else find this ironic?
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    There have been studies associating excess sugar with disease since the 70's, often sponsored by the Sugar Association, whose purpose it is to make sure to dissuade the public from associating sugar with disease. Because it's extremely difficult to pinpoint the EXACT AMOUNT of sugar consumption to trigger things like insulin resistance, it's hard to scientifically say that sugar is toxic and not have that statement debated. Anti-sugar evangelists like Gary Taubes and Robert Lustig are criticized because they present their opinions on sugar as fact, when really the data merely strongly suggests that they are right, but is never quite conclusive enough to prove it beyond debate. And the Sugar Association fights hard to keep it that way.
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/04/case-against-sugar-lobbyists/36654/

Obviously, if you limit or moderate your sugar consumption (or salt, or soy, or calories, or mercury or tobacco or any other toxin), you will likely not experience negative health effects from sugar (shout out to the "eat everything in moderation and nothing will ever hurt you and you can never say any food is unhealthy" sexy ab boyz). However, moderating sugar is very hard to do for anyone who eats packaged foods or eats from restaurants. Check your MFP sugar log... does it go over 40g/day? Then you're consuming too much sugar, according to the USDA.

From USDA fact book profiling consumption:

In 2000, each American consumed an average 152 pounds of caloric sweeteners, 3 pounds below 1999’s record average 155 pounds. That amounted to more than two-fifths of a pound—or 52 teaspoonfuls—of added sugars per person per day in 2000. Of that 52 teaspoons, ERS estimates that Americans wasted or otherwise lost 20 teaspoons, resulting in an average intake of about 32 teaspoons of added sugars per person per day. USDA recommends that the average person on a 2,000-calorie daily diet include no more than 40 grams of added sugars. That’s about 10 teaspoons, or the amount of sugar in a 12-ounce soft drink. Sugar— including sucrose, corn sweeteners, honey, maple syrup, and molasses—is ubiquitous and often hidden. In a sense, sugar is the number one food additive. It turns up in some unlikely places, such as pizza, bread, hot dogs, boxed mixed rice, soup, crackers, spaghetti sauce, lunch meat, canned vegetables, fruit drinks, flavored yogurt, ketchup, salad dressing, mayonnaise, and some peanut butter.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CDYQjBAwAw&url=http://www.usda.gov/factbook/chapter2.pdf&ei=7HGAUKzkIqzFiwLtk4DwBw&usg=AFQjCNFBcXq4l5gn-vfY0ooT_Mormu0DqQ

Morale of the story: Most people consume too much added sugar, even if they may believe they are only consuming moderate amounts. The best way to moderate your sugar intake is to avoid added sugars, and get your sugar from whole fruit and veggies.
This discussion has been closed.