Great clip about how sugar is toxic.

Options

Replies

• jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    My my, the bullies have been back to feast. Thanks for the nice post comments and observations. Those to you who who are guilty guilty guilty know who you are and your buttons are so easy to find.

Confirmation OPs goals are trolling only.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    And this thread makes me feel sorry for ED. He defended OP for his own reasons and all but now we have this. Sad really. Gotta be careful who you White Knight
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    If you keep this up, we'll have nothing left to eat that doesn't kill us!!
    Ah hell, not eating will kill us too ...
    Screw it ... *as she reaches into her bag of dark chocolate covered caramels*

Oh! Almost forgot! Those shoes really are fabulous!!!

HA! Knock yourself out! I personally would rather indulge in a nice guacamole or lovely cheese with fine wine.

Ahhhh, see? Therein lies the difference between us ... I partake in those yummy items as well AND I enjoy my chocolate ... and if I'm feeling particularly decadent, I'll have them all in the same day. Limitations are so ... limiting. *shudders*

Wow, you eat chocolate so you must be really cool!

No, there is no causality. She's really cool AND she eats chocolate.

How do you know there is no causality?

Because I know a lot of non cool chocolate eaters.

What does that have to do with her?

Wow ... can't say I've ever come across you on the boards here, so I can't imagine what the hell I did to you to make you so b*tchy ... but to answer your question ... I'm not cool because I eat chocolate (what kind of stupid notion is that? Oh, yours apparently, sorry) ... I'm just cool. Period.

Here's a flower for you. :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

HA! Knock yourself out! I personally would rather indulge in a nice guacamole or lovely cheese with fine wine.

Ahhhh, see? Therein lies the difference between us ... I partake in those yummy items as well AND I enjoy my chocolate ... and if I'm feeling particularly decadent, I'll have them all in the same day. Limitations are so ... limiting. *shudders*

Wow ... can't say I've ever come across you on the boards here, so I can't imagine what the hell I did to you to make you so b*tchy ... but to answer your question ... I'm not cool because I eat chocolate (what kind of stupid notion is that? Oh, yours apparently, sorry) ... I'm just cool. Period.

Yep! She's just cool. Period! I :heart: you, Marnie.
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Marnie is just the coolest person...period...AND she eats chocolate..ANDD she has a kick asssss body...i dont know why people get so crazy on these forums HAHA
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

uh oh, sugar getting low?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Marnie is just the coolest person...period...AND she eats chocolate..ANDD she has a kick asssss body...i dont know why people get so crazy on these forums HAHA

Werd!!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I like donuts
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Just break up with sugar.

(Cause I didn't see the "just break up" person come in yet hehe)

Seriously, though, OP, what's with the constant scaremongering? ANYTHING you eat to excess will kill you, fake, natural, what the heck ever. For pete's sake, LIFE is a terminal disease. Enjoy the life you have, eat as healthily as is reasonable in moderation, be active, indulge occasionally, and stop worrying over every little thing!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    The OP is not scaremongering, flaming, or trolling. She is sharing what she thinks is notable information with a community that is suppose to be interested in health and fitness.. She is not endorsing it, or demonizing any products either. She is not looking for approval. She has not accused anyone of being an addict. Remember folks, you read this stuff with a filter of how you see others. And people tend to judge others as they judge themselves.

AGAIN She is not looking for ANYONE on here to decide that fake butter, or whatever that chemical is called is bad, or that real sugar is bad. It was just meant to be a tool for your journey, whatever your goals are.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Oxygen is toxic as well...really....it actually killed off 98% of all life on Earth at one point in our development. Maybe we should stop breathing it.....

Lies. Earth is 6,000 years old.

Your shoes are really cute!

They are rather lovely aren't they!

Very! I would love to be able to wear stuff like that. At this point I'd just walk like a camel trying to ski and break the spike off.

It's best to minimize walking. You point to things, and demand they be brought to you. =P

LMAO @ this
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    The OP is scaremongering, flaming, and trolling. She is making unsubstantiated claims like, "New research linking sugar, in any form, to cancer, diabetes,cholesterol problems, high blood pressure. Basically all the bad stuff. The researchers suggest limiting caloric intake to 100 to 150 calories a day from sweets. Worth the watch". When challenged to actually backup said claims, she starts to attack people because she knows she is making baseless claims to begin with

Fixed
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The OP is not scaremongering, flaming, or trolling. She is sharing what she thinks is notable information with a community that is suppose to be interested in health and fitness.. She is not endorsing it, or demonizing any products either. She is not looking for approval. She has not accused anyone of being an addict. Remember folks, you read this stuff with a filter of how you see others. And people tend to judge others as they judge themselves.

AGAIN She is not looking for ANYONE on here to decide that fake butter, or whatever that chemical is called is bad, or that real sugar is bad. It was just meant to be a tool for your journey, whatever your goals are.

I beg to differ. While not the only inaccuracy in your statement, the not accusing someone of being an addict jumped out at me...please see....

It is not limiting for those of us not addicted to sweets!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Did I say YOU were addicted to sweets? No I did not. Like I said. FILTERS. Might be worth reading into. I am on 6 other forums,
    both personal and professional, and I have never been bullied before, ever. It would never be tolerated, and abusers are banned. I would not tolerate it in real life either. Week moderation, and a bunch of problematic people. And NO, I did not say all myfitnesspal members are problematic. Just you message board abusers, trolls, flamers, and what not. See yah!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    There have been studies associating excess sugar with disease since the 70's, often sponsored by the Sugar Association, whose purpose it is to make sure to dissuade the public from associating sugar with disease. Because it's extremely difficult to pinpoint the EXACT AMOUNT of sugar consumption to trigger things like insulin resistance, it's hard to scientifically say that sugar is toxic and not have that statement debated. Anti-sugar evangelists like Gary Taubes and Robert Lustig are criticized because they present their opinions on sugar as fact, when really the data merely strongly suggests that they are right, but is never quite conclusive enough to prove it beyond debate. And the Sugar Association fights hard to keep it that way.
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/04/case-against-sugar-lobbyists/36654/
    This sounds a lot like a conspiracy theory. As a scientist I really bridle at the idea that our work and publications are somehow being hidden or limit by some association. The data does not suggest that fruits or consuming lots of them generates any "toxic" effect. I have yet to see one study that suggest eating so called "healthy" food with large amounts of sugar is dangerous, toxic or bad for a normal person. The body will tell you rather quickly if you consume too much fruit to stop.
    I do agree that fruit juice, by the ease that it creates in consuming sugars is as bad as drinking lots of soda.

Obviously, if you limit or moderate your sugar consumption (or salt, or soy, or calories, or mercury or tobacco or any other toxin), you will likely not experience negative health effects from sugar (shout out to the "eat everything in moderation and nothing will ever hurt you and you can never say any food is unhealthy" sexy ab boyz). However, moderating sugar is very hard to do for anyone who eats packaged foods or eats from restaurants. Check your MFP sugar log... does it go over 40g/day? Then you're consuming too much sugar, according to the USDA.
    No, the USDA does not give a limit on total sugar, in the 2010 recommendation they specifically kept out a limit on total sugar.
    AFAIK any further publication and limits have been on added sugar. If you can find a total sugar reco from this body, I'd like to read it.
    From USDA fact book profiling consumption:

In 2000, each American consumed an average 152 pounds of caloric sweeteners, 3 pounds below 1999’s record average 155 pounds. That amounted to more than two-fifths of a pound—or 52 teaspoonfuls—of added sugars per person per day in 2000. Of that 52 teaspoons, ERS estimates that Americans wasted or otherwise lost 20 teaspoons, resulting in an average intake of about 32 teaspoons of added sugars per person per day. USDA recommends that the average person on a 2,000-calorie daily diet include no more than 40 grams of added sugars. That’s about 10 teaspoons, or the amount of sugar in a 12-ounce soft drink. Sugar— including sucrose, corn sweeteners, honey, maple syrup, and molasses—is ubiquitous and often hidden. In a sense, sugar is the number one food additive. It turns up in some unlikely places, such as pizza, bread, hot dogs, boxed mixed rice, soup, crackers, spaghetti sauce, lunch meat, canned vegetables, fruit drinks, flavored yogurt, ketchup, salad dressing, mayonnaise, and some peanut butter.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CDYQjBAwAw&url=http://www.usda.gov/factbook/chapter2.pdf&ei=7HGAUKzkIqzFiwLtk4DwBw&usg=AFQjCNFBcXq4l5gn-vfY0ooT_Mormu0DqQ
    Those 40 grams are added sugar. MFP calculated all sugar from ALL sources so the 40 gram limit is WRONG.
    Morale of the story: Most people consume too much added sugar, even if they may believe they are only consuming moderate amounts. The best way to moderate your sugar intake is to avoid added sugars, and get your sugar from whole fruit and veggies.
    Agreed.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    don't be such a butterthread

LMAO
  • TheSink
    TheSink Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You know what really IS toxic? Flouride. But because it doesn't make people fat, nobody cares. Sugar toxic? Give me a break, hippie.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the worst. I'd rather use fake butter.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Toxic or not, I'm not going to stop eating the foods I enjoy.
This discussion has been closed.