MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
643947_411052878954406_787089691_n.jpg
"I would like a number nein"

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    Options
    So last night this surfaced on facebook. There were a multitude of comments but some people were seriously offended. I found it humorous. Mostly because hey its Hitler right. Why do people get so bent out of shape about things like this?
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Funny. Definitely funny. The comb over makes it so much better...
  • trackstack
    trackstack Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I don't really care but why is it hard to understand that, 1. That guy was doing his thing, could be a super nice guy, and is now all over the internet compared to a murderer of over 6 million people. So there's that. Then 2. even though it is not pro-hitler, some people don't want to mix humor with 6 million deaths and an almost genocide of a race. Like I said, it's whatev, but I'm sure you can understand how it offends some people.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    totally Funny! people can be so sensitive sometimes..
  • Dub_D
    Options
    That guy was doing his thing, could be a super nice guy, and is now all over the internet compared to a murderer of over 6 million people. So there's that.

But hes GOTTA know there is a resemblance, which makes me believe he doesn't really give a *kitten*.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    i was thinking the same thing. The guy looks like him!
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I giggled.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I for one, am highly offended. :laugh:
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    I for one, am highly offended. :laugh:

Its the mcdonalds hate isnt it?
  • trackstack
    trackstack Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    All I'm saying, is that there is no irony lost to the fact that this is being discussed on a site where some members struggle with weight. What if some woman here looked like a really fat celeb and they did the mcdonalds plus thing. What if she was then taunted everywhere she went. Before you say tell her lose it...maybe she was trying.

Doesn't bother me at ALL, just saying I see why for some.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    This made my morning. Thank you!
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Whilst I'm not personally offended, I don't find it particularly funny either.

However, it's not hard to see why people might be offended:
    1, What Hitler got up to is pretty serious stuff.
    2, We know nothing about the guy in the picture. Judging by the composition, I doubt he consented to the picture or it's use in this way.

I'm also surprised that given this is a weight loss site, we are laughing at a fat person. For all we know he is a member here trying to better himself.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Funny. But then again, I literally LMAO when I called Comcast and the guy said his name was "Adolf"...
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    It's a cheap laugh and you can do better.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Whilst I'm not personally offended, I don't find it particularly funny either.

I'm also surprised that given this is a weight loss site, we are laughing at a fat person. For all we know he is a member here trying to better himself.

kinda feel the same on this one...
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    It's a cheap laugh and you can do better.

thats like dumping out a free beer
  • Dub_D
    Options

So? Laughing at fat people is off limits or something? I find it funny because it's like the 2012 version of Adolf Hitler.

People are way too sensitive.
  • dumbbanana
    Options
    Look real close at his mustache....they've messed with that pic.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't really care but why is it hard to understand that, 1. That guy was doing his thing, could be a super nice guy, and is now all over the internet compared to a murderer of over 6 million people. So there's that. Then 2. even though it is not pro-hitler, some people don't want to mix humor with 6 million deaths and an almost genocide of a race. Like I said, it's whatev, but I'm sure you can understand how it offends some people.

I agree that I have sympathy for the subway guy. But it's really OK to make fun of Hitler. The Three Stooges and the Marx Brothers did it before, during and after WWII. Mel Brooks did it in The Producers.

People make fun of Hitler all the time. It's like it's OK to laugh at bin Laden but not OK to laugh about 9/11.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    So? Laughing at fat people is off limits or something? I find it funny because it's like the 2012 version of Adolf Hitler.

People are way too sensitive.

I didn't say that, however just like being too sensitive, people can be too insensitive too.
This discussion has been closed.