Funny or Not?

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm offended because the joke is so poorly executed it's like watching the execution of Operation Barbarossa.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    it is funny, but not bust a gut funny
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Lol. Hilarious. One of my best friends Jewish...she'd find this funny. So, I'm allowed to laugh :D
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Laughing at someones apparel, is about personal choice.

Disregarding medical reasons, isn't obesity a personal choice...the majority of the time?
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    So in this case we are laughing at the resemblance and how Hitler got fat...and in my mind I imagine him hiding in Urban America this whole time addicted to ChezBurgers and Filet-o-Fish. The mental image to me is what is so funny. In my mind Im not thinking ohhhh AHAHAH look at the fat guy he is so Hitleresque. Im laughing because Hitler got fat not because Fat Guy looks fat or stupid or whatever

That's your interpretation. Obviously, I didn't see it that way, but equally, I'm not particularly offended, I was just pointing out that I am able to understand why others might be.

Then again, I find "The inbetweeners" ridiculously funny, yet it's probably incredibly offensive to most people. We're all different.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I see no problem making fun of Hitler (I love me some South Park) nor do I see a problem making fun of fat people doing stupid things (see most of the People of Walmart website).

However I feel that this is mostly making fun of someone for having stupid facial hair and for being fat.

So in my opinion, not funny.

That's funny that we cant laugh about it but you have no problem calling his choice in hair/beard/mustache stupid

I thought about that while writing the comment. While I do feel that obesity is mostly a choice(There was a huge thread about this a few weeks ago), I feel that shaving off a Hitler mustache is a much easier choice to reverse, therefore fair game for me to laugh at.

In my own warped logic, while I will not laugh at someone for having an apron of fat, I will laugh at someone who has an apron of fat hanging over their pants and not covered by their shirt.

I will point out that I am a firm believer in “Judge not lest ye be judged”. However, I could care less what random people think about me, and do not mind if people judge me for my appearance or actions; hence I judge others on a regular basis because I don’t mind if they do the same to me. Sometimes I will agree with the judgments and sometimes I won’t. It is mainly friends and families judgments that will bother me (read: mother in law :grumble: )

So you are right. My logic does not make much sense :smile:
  • SellyBunnie
    Options
    I'm also surprised that given this is a weight loss site, we are laughing at a fat person. For all we know he is a member here trying to better himself.

So? Laughing at fat people is off limits or something? I find it funny because it's like the 2012 version of Adolf Hitler.

People are way too sensitive.

The reason I find it funnie: The 2012 version of Hitler! You said it!
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I don't really care but why is it hard to understand that, 1. That guy was doing his thing, could be a super nice guy, and is now all over the internet compared to a murderer of over 6 million people. So there's that. Then 2. even though it is not pro-hitler, some people don't want to mix humor with 6 million deaths and an almost genocide of a race. Like I said, it's whatev, but I'm sure you can understand how it offends some people.

This^^^^
  • trudance4
    Options
    funny x
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Just realised, I need to clarify, the UK inbetweeners, the US version looks like the least funny thing I have ever seen!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I didn't really find the humor in it to be honest.

I also think the guy looks a lot more like Charlie Chaplin then Hitler.

Charlie Chaplin made fun of Hitler, if I remember correctly. :-)

And your point is . . .?

My point was the guy is rotund and his mustache is more Charlie Chaplin then Hitler. Either way I don't care who he looks like, I just didn't really see the humor in it. I mean I get it if they showed a picture of Hitler and then a guy who looked like him but I'm not sure where McDonalds fits in. I guess that's what threw me off and made me miss the "ha ha ha!" aspect of it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • chipotlAWAY
    Options
    Funny
  • anniecrisis
    Options
    Very childish indeed to laugh at that - as others have said, it's not laughing at Hitler (who was indeed not someone to be laughed at) - it's laughing at a bloke on public transport because of how he looks. Shameful, and not worthy to be called humorous.
    Comments about oversensitivity also are simply an attempt to belittle the feelings of others: what price human consideration?
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Lol. Hilarious. One of my best friends Jewish...she'd find this funny. So, I'm allowed to laugh :D

Did I miss the sarcasm font or are you serious? I really hope that I missed the font... So anyone that has a black friend can use the N-word if the friend for some reason uses it?

Once again I am sorry if you were joking, but if not smh...
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options

This statement is funnier than the OP joke :)
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it's necessary to either be Jewish or be friends with or married to or whatever a Jew in order to make fun of Hitler.

And, again, it is OK to make fun of and laugh at Hitler. Really.

It's not OK to laugh about 12 million people perishing horribly due to his genocidal tendencies. But it's OK to make fun of the man himself. Really. Trust me on this.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm also surprised that given this is a weight loss site, we are laughing at a fat person. For all we know he is a member here trying to better himself.

So? Laughing at fat people is off limits or something? I find it funny because it's like the 2012 version of Adolf Hitler.

The reason I find it funnie: The 2012 version of Hitler! You said it!

Unless he's attempted genocide, he's not the 2012 version of Hitler.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

I didn't say that, however just like being too sensitive, people can be too insensitive too.

Ok, I will say it, Yes laughing at fat people is not only "off limits" it is a sign of your own insecurities. There is no need to belittle others, regardless of if they are fat, blonde, thin, etc. It is not necessary to insult people in order to lift yourself up. As this is a Fitness site, making fun of people that are not fit is ridiculous. What might be funny to a 12 year old, should not be the standard for what is funny to adults. Of course that is just my opinion, and I actually still believe there are more helpful and honest people than deceptive and evil ones in this world.

You missed my point completely. If a fat person has a hole in their pants exposing their yellow ducky grannie panties (i don't know lol) should I not laugh, because they're fat? It's off limits? We have to be extra cautious because they are fat?

Laughing at someones apparel, is about personal choice. What I find humorous, sad, or absurd, the next person may find absolutely normal and "trendy". For example, the "style" of wearing baggy clothing that is falling half way off your body, I find absurd, but many people find it "trendy" and see nothing wrong with it.

In the picture displayed, the "humor" has nothing to do with what the man is wearing, and is solely about him being obese. I would find it no more "humorous" than a picture of a severely malnourished child sitting outside a McDonald's with a tag line of "I'd rather starve than eat here". To me, it is juvenile attempt at humor solely through the humiliation of others.

so this isnt funny?

First-World-Third-World-Problems-Success.jpg
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it's necessary to either be Jewish or be friends with or married to or whatever a Jew in order to make fun of Hitler.

And, again, it is OK to make fun of and laugh at Hitler. Really.

It's not OK to laugh about 12 million people perishing horribly due to his genocidal tendencies. But it's OK to make fun of the man himself. Really. Trust me on this.

But it's not making fun of Hitler; it's making fun of an overweight guy on a bus.
This discussion has been closed.