Black Team Challenge Week #3!!!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    hey-- just tallied up my calories for the day, and am still in good shape after a good run tonight to be under calories-- or darned close--

Not bad-- :ohwell:

Good stuff my dear,

I have 259 left after having a post dinner iced cream sandwich and eating the last quarter of Riley peanut butter and banana sandwich. I did however consume......OH EM GEEE over 6,000 MG of sodium! lol I'll be retaining some liquids in the near future. lol

welcome to my world.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    hey-- just tallied up my calories for the day, and am still in good shape after a good run tonight to be under calories-- or darned close--

Good stuff my dear,

I have 259 left after having a post dinner iced cream sandwich and eating the last quarter of Riley peanut butter and banana sandwich. I did however consume......OH EM GEEE over 6,000 MG of sodium! lol I'll be retaining some liquids in the near future. lol

6000!?! :noway: Ouch.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Alright team. I took the weekend off. For real, I did. I didn't eat what I should have, I didn't eat when I was supposed to, I didn't measure, I didn't count, I didn't log, I just didn't. I needed to, so I did.

In case you haven't noticed I have been cranky lately. :grumble: Sorry. I sort of felt like I needed some time not thinking about any of this weight malarky for a bit. You know me, when I do it, I do it and I hit it hard. I get anal about eating every 3 hours, I get anal about hitting all my macronutrients, I get anal about all of it. I needed a mental break from it. I know I just had a break over Christams, which wasn't that long ago, but that was more of a complete breakdown, this weekend wasn't that, it was just not thinking about it.

Tomorrow it's game on. I'm ready to hit it again. I'm looking forward to the gym. Most likely not looking forward to weighing in, but whatever. I think my weigh in this week pushed me over the edge- hence my weekend off. It's not like it was that horrid, just so disappointing to gain when I so desperately wanted to lose 'just a little', especially since I worked for it.

Like always, still working on the whole 'scale thing'. I know all of it, I know fluctuation, I know water weight, I know hormone weight, I know it, I just don't like it. Sometimes I deal with it better than others.

Enough from me. Hope everybody had a wonderful weekend. My kids are off tomorrow for a teacher work day. I'm smiling, right? LOL They were just off last Monday!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Marla - soryr about the Jets, also have a slightly upset hubby, so my sympathies are with you, but well done on the calories

Lori - sorry that you have been cranky , but glad that you let your hair down and relaxed this weekend.

Andrew - your dinner sounds delish, but a silly english question - what is turkey chilli?

Tamara - hope you stayed awake through battlestar gallactica (old or new version?), and hope that the dentist goes ok.

Sorry my brain is fried this am ( up and down all night with the 2 year old, that is getting a cold and has developed a mummy cling thing! So a brief summary, but unfortunately names escape me, the squats at the meet had me laughing way to go, who has the dh and sick son please take time for yourself as well.

Well wanted to walk to school this morning but the drizzle put me off especially with a sick 2 year old and my little mindee is ill as well - so having a great time so far, lots of crying, cuddles and snotty noses urgh!!!! Will definately go on the bike tonight, but might have to stay on it for longer - dh is stopping on his way home at a south african supermarket and getting some biltong, lovely but so moreish! Have a great day everyone, and keep smiling
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone:flowerforyou:

Jeannie-- You are doing awesome girl, and I just love your creativity!!:bigsmile:

Jan-- I hope the hubby and your little guy are better today. Dont forget to take care of you in the process of taking care of everyone else...stay strong lady:flowerforyou:

Andrew-- Awesome run my friend!!:drinker: Turkey chili is one of my favorites!! How in the world did you manage to consume so much sodium yesterday??:noway: :ohwell:

Sam-- Those pancakes sound delicious! I usually cheat on those and go to Trader Joes and just buy the mix for them:blushing: I do the same when I make pumpkin pancakes too:laugh:

Tamara-- Bowling is such fun! I havent been in ages and I actually tried to talk my 15 yr old into going this weekend with all the friends he had over for his birthday party yesterday. He wasnt having any part of it:ohwell: :laugh: But I used to really enjoy bowling. Good luck with your dental appointment this morning.:flowerforyou:

Marla-- Sorry about your Jets:frown: Hope you managed to get a great run in last night!!

Lori-- I know exactly how you feel about the scale and that weigh in last week:grumble: I did really good with all my exercising, I ate right, just did everything right and my weight last week stayed exactly the same. Exactly. Right down to the ounce. I really couldnt believe my eyes. I weighed 3 different times within about an hour and it wasnt changing:ohwell: I went to blaming TOM, 1 off-day of eating, anything I could think of. It just is what it is. I know that you know all this, but remember that even when the scale is being evil...you are stronger and healthier:flowerforyou:

Tanya-- Hang in there, your doing awesome and I love your "happiness"!:flowerforyou:

Well guys I totally blew yesterday. We had Alexs birthday party and I ate half of a gyros plate:blushing: They are sooo good but oh am I feeling it this morning!:sick: My stomach feels like I ate ALL DAY and I still feel full:noway: Just that heaviness on my tummy. Then if that wasnt bad enough, I had a small piece of birthday cake and some ice cream (which I dont really even like) so yesterday was a total loss for me. I am dragging my hiney to the gym this morning, but judging by the way I feel right now it isnt going to go well. Hopefully my tummy will feel better as I get woke up good and I will start feeling a little more energized.

I hope you all had a great weekend! Have a wonderful Monday teamers:drinker:

P.S. Has anyone heard from Amanda? I hope everything is ok...?
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Thanks Roni yes bowling was fun some much needed fun time, tired of crying had to do something fun..

Off to take lovely daughter ti school then off to dentist, got my workout in this morning one hour 450 caloires burned yippee, may go back to ride the back if I dont get knocked out from my tooth!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Monday!

I must say that for this weekly challenge, I have not done squat...:laugh:

Last week had my mind and emotions consumed with a medical issue (all of which is fine)...but did not make the best eating choices and didn't make it to the gym as much as I'd hoped.

BUT...today is a new day and a new week...and I'm feeling good!!! :drinker:

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Good stuff my dear,

welcome to my world.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

only time to lurk today, but had to respond to that one - from one water retainer to the others...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I may be going on the "Strep Throat" diet:sad:

Ok-so I believe in prayer. Everyone pray this is just a sore throat and will be gone post haste...or hasty pudding....or hasty period:tongue:

Thanks....blech:indifferent: :frown: :embarassed: :sick:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning...I have to type a lot today to make up for my days off this weekend. Gotta get the rest of these cupcakes out of the house today. I will not eat anymore of those little devils:devil: Hope you all have a great day!!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Andrew - your dinner sounds delish, but a silly english question - what is turkey chilli?

here's the turkey chili that i always make:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73984-terrific-turkey-chili-taste-of-home
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    Wow thanks beth, will have to give that a go - do your boys eat it?

Jeannie - I hope that it is just a sore throat and will say a prayer for you

Tammy - hope that typing goes ok, and that the cupcakes dissappear for you.

What I really want to know, is why children are fine on their own, but as soon as their get near their sibling they turn into little monsters!! (ds1 and ds2 have been fighting the whole walk home over a xbox 360 game!). Got pulled to one side by ds3's teacher at the end of school today - he had a really bad day, which culminated with him putting a year 6 boys jumper down the toilet, as he (the year 6 boy) didn't listen to me!!!!!!!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    Tamara - My hubs had an 8 a.m. dentist appt this morning too. Had to get a broken tooth fixed. Tomorrow he goes for a cleaning. I do not enjoy going to the dentist. Makes me cranky. I brush at least twice a day. Floss more times than I don't and I always leave there feeling like I've got the dirtiest mouth in the county. :grumble: Hope your appointment went well!

Jeannie - It's not strep. I'm praying it's not and I believe our prayers will be answered.

Sam - those pancakes do sound yummy. I'm guilty of buying the packages too. The last one we bought are Blueberry wheat. They're delish!

Happy Monday folks! Guess what? We're getting more snow today. :grumble: Is it Spring yet?
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone:flowerforyou:

Jeannie-- You are doing awesome girl, and I just love your creativity!!:bigsmile:

Jan-- I hope the hubby and your little guy are better today. Dont forget to take care of you in the process of taking care of everyone else...stay strong lady:flowerforyou:

Andrew-- Awesome run my friend!!:drinker: Turkey chili is one of my favorites!! How in the world did you manage to consume so much sodium yesterday??:noway: :ohwell:

Sam-- Those pancakes sound delicious! I usually cheat on those and go to Trader Joes and just buy the mix for them:blushing: I do the same when I make pumpkin pancakes too:laugh:

Tamara-- Bowling is such fun! I havent been in ages and I actually tried to talk my 15 yr old into going this weekend with all the friends he had over for his birthday party yesterday. He wasnt having any part of it:ohwell: :laugh: But I used to really enjoy bowling. Good luck with your dental appointment this morning.:flowerforyou:

Marla-- Sorry about your Jets:frown: Hope you managed to get a great run in last night!!

Lori-- I know exactly how you feel about the scale and that weigh in last week:grumble: I did really good with all my exercising, I ate right, just did everything right and my weight last week stayed exactly the same. Exactly. Right down to the ounce. I really couldnt believe my eyes. I weighed 3 different times within about an hour and it wasnt changing:ohwell: I went to blaming TOM, 1 off-day of eating, anything I could think of. It just is what it is. I know that you know all this, but remember that even when the scale is being evil...you are stronger and healthier:flowerforyou:

Tanya-- Hang in there, your doing awesome and I love your "happiness"!:flowerforyou:

Well guys I totally blew yesterday. We had Alexs birthday party and I ate half of a gyros plate:blushing: They are sooo good but oh am I feeling it this morning!:sick: My stomach feels like I ate ALL DAY and I still feel full:noway: Just that heaviness on my tummy. Then if that wasnt bad enough, I had a small piece of birthday cake and some ice cream (which I dont really even like) so yesterday was a total loss for me. I am dragging my hiney to the gym this morning, but judging by the way I feel right now it isnt going to go well. Hopefully my tummy will feel better as I get woke up good and I will start feeling a little more energized.

I hope you all had a great weekend! Have a wonderful Monday teamers:drinker:

P.S. Has anyone heard from Amanda? I hope everything is ok...?

Roni- You are so good at not forgetting everyone!

Marla- Sorry about your JETS! I can't even reach my brother this morning...he's still in mourning...

Sam and Beth- Thanks for the recipes..will definitely try them.

Jeannie- You're going to be better in no time with the prayer chain:flowerforyou:

Tanya- did the toilet get all clogged up?...geez :laugh:

Roni- You have to enjoy your children's birthdays. Why is that we know what the feeling of FULL feels like and we hate it but we just can't stop. I just hate it when I can't stop eating! My TOM has been so sporatic lately that I can't even blame it on that. Lori, I'm right there with ya!

I did my squats again last night and I have to say...I don't feel as sore today. The muscles are working...thanks Batman!

Have a great afternoon everyone!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Tanya-- more snow? Must be that global warming thing, eh? Sheesh.

Sodium killer today-- somebody shoot me if I look at another buffalo wing or Dorito chip-- why do I do these things?

Signed with love,
    SpongeMarla
  • 72lori
    Options
    Forced myself to get on the scale this morning. I usually jump on every day, but after my weekend... I knew I didn't really want to know. 3.5 pounds in 2 days. Amazing. Huh! That's 3.5 pounds on TOP of the 1.5 I gained last week. Go me.

My dear black team friends, I currently I am an example of what not to do.

Anyway, I hit the gym today, worked legs. Had to get home for a phone call for DS and his online class. Jumped on the elliptical for 40 minutes. Got in about a 900 calorie workout. I'll take it. I believe I will not be consuming my exercise calories today or tomorrow so maybe I can not have to post a huge gain this week.

But.... what will be will be. I'm in a better place with it my friends. I have to realize my body is happy where it is and I'm really having a hard time convincing it to go elsewhere. Maybe I need to start thinking about accepting it for what it is. More mental stuff to sort through.

I'm being summoned to give haircuts. Sometimes I wish I didn't know how to do the stuff I know how to do.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Lori-- with the exception of a few pounds here, I'm in the same boat-- hubs, too, is bugging me to be happy about where I am-- if it hasn't budged in a freaking year, looks like my body is telling me right now it's rather content.

But-- we'll see-- I guess-- :grumble:
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    Donna - I think they got it out before John flushed! I didn't know weather to laugh or cry, he was so serious.

Marla - I think it was Kati that said she had more snow on the way. I am praying that we have had ours, I hate theway it disrupts everything.

Having a south african sausage for tea, and had a major shock when I looked up the calories - just under 400 per 100g, so have just spent 40 mins on the bike so I can eat some and now I've had it...... I can't say I'm too impressed!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Lori-- with the exception of a few pounds here, I'm in the same boat-- hubs, too, is bugging me to be happy about where I am-- if it hasn't budged in a freaking year, looks like my body is telling me right now it's rather content.

But-- we'll see-- I guess-- :grumble:

We ride in the same boat a lot. At least it's not a lonely ride. :flowerforyou: I've been here since May, fluctuating a few pounds up and few lower, but mostly, right here.

Yes, we'll see. :grumble:

It's not like I haven't tried. I am at the upper end of my normal weight for my height. I am 'big boned'- don't you hate that saying? But when I do 'the test' with my thumb and forefinger around my wrist, they don't even come close to touching.

I surely don't want to gain it back, but I may need to be real about what I can expect and how low I will get. I may be able to lose another 10 pounds, but is it worth what I have to do to get there? Yet another question to ask myself.

Be happy where we are. Novel idea. Huh? Maybe one we should explore.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Checking in..Yesterday was to put it nicely a grazing day. I didn't even try to log what I ate. It freakin rained all day and it was 52 outside. That's tanning weather :laugh: :laugh:

Today finished W1 D2 again. All in all its getting easier so will probably try to more on up to W2 .Its up to Jim, coach and :heart: of my life. Still have a couple of segments that do to HE double tooth picks in a hand basket so we'll see.

Jeannie ...Praying its not strep.

Andrew, Marla and our other sponges, hope it passes soon.

Lori ...Hang tough lady. :flowerforyou:

Janie ... I'm glad to see you able to pop in every once in awhile.

Roni and oh heck so much read and so little space in my head ... I love bowling too. Don't know when we'll get to go back to it. Jim's shoulder surgery was on his, you guessed it, dominant arm. Crap ! Maybe I'll just go without him. Mmmmm now there is an idea.:bigsmile: