Black Team Challenge Week #3!!!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Yo, water! I got a message for you--

Na na na na, na na na na, hey, hey, good bye!!!!!

Woo hooooooo-- I'm giddy like a school girl!!!!!!!!!!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!

Lori-- Ahhh, the girls. I sure do miss some of mine. I went from a 44DD went I started out 16 mos ago to a 38C now. Its lighter and easier, but I miss my cleavage:blushing:

Beth-- I hope your grandmother continues to do well:heart: Your home now, your back on track, you will do great!!

Marla-- Congratulations to Rebekah!!:drinker: Have a wonderful lunch with your friend today. You sure do deserve some "big-girl" time!!:flowerforyou:

Jim-- Im sure theres no worries with the squats. Andrew did say that unless you have a legitimate medical reason...I think you qualify!:flowerforyou:

Leslie-- How is your daughter? Any news?

Choco-- Congrats on being so close to your goal!!:drinker: :drinker:

Sara-- Glad your feeling better:flowerforyou:

Richie-- How did it go with the squats?

Bobbi, Tammy, Tanya, Donna, Andrew, 3BB, Jeannie and everyone else...good morning!!:flowerforyou:

Well, this morning is not so great. I am soooo sore in my legs and calve muscles. I mean seriously sore.:cry: I dont think its all entirely due to the squats. Ive been doing the elliptical at the gym for the past 2 days instead of the treadmill. I wanted to shake things up a bit and get my cardio in doing something different. I had never been on the elliptical before and it was definatley a change from the treadmill! The first day after doing it, I was sore...but it was tolerable. Yesterday after being on it again, WOW. My legs (mostly my calves) HURT! I soaked in a hot bath for about an hour last night and it seemed to help a little. I got up this morning and OUCH!! It really hurts to even walk.

Im wondering if I should stay off the elliptical today? I mean, do I treat it the same as if I had worked those muscles with strength training and give it a rest period? Even the thought of going back to the treadmill today HURTS:laugh:

I think what Im going to do is just an easy walk on the treadmill and go on to doing my abs and arms. That should be ok?

Oh and Andrew, I wont be doing my squats today, sorry:ohwell:

Have a great day everyone!

Ditto on everything Roni said! I'm too busy at work to type:happy: :laugh: I am so sore from my squats I can't tell you. It's amazing when you think you are in some sort of shape...try something new...and BAM! I can barely walk. Batman this has been the best challange. Hopefully will get my Friday night to myself run at the Y and continue the old squats!

- You ladies make me feel small with my 38C:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Donna- enjoy the 38 C's, trust me.

Roni- buy a push up bra, cleavage is sure to return. Sorry the legs are so sore. I think you are making a good choice by taking it easy. You have to listen to your body. It takes time to heal after you work it hard and tear up those muscles.

Marla- glad the water is parting. I wish I could say that. I almost kicked the scale today. I'm over it now, but I was ticked at the time.

I hit the gym, did my weights, a friend came in and we jumped on the treadmills, I blabbed the whole time I walked. Eating my post gym snack and heading out with the dog. It's a beautiful sunny 70 degree day and I am going out to enjoy it!

Woo hooo.... sunny day, here I come!

Have a good one team!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Morning gang. Did my squats. 186. I gotta say though, I think I will only do these every other day. I believe in giving muscles time to repair after you work them. I sort of thought it while I was doing them and then when I was done one of my gym friends gave me heck, since I just did them yesterday. He's right. I like a 2 day break between working muscles, but for the sake of the challenge I'll do every other day. I'll throw in sit ups for 5 minutes on my off day so I'm not slacking.

Lori ... My daughter who has degrees up the wahzoo had a fit when she found out I was planning on doing them every day. She said every other day Mom, give the muscle time to repair.
  • jimswmn
    Options

So, I'm off all of it-- and my body is blissfully deflating. Woooooooot!!!!!

Had a great afternoon-- 12 year old Rebekah got a chance to play basketball on a local Christian school's basketball team. They're allowed to have 2 homeschool kids per year, and due to many injuries on their team, were short of people to play. The coach is a neighbor of a friend of Rebekah's who told him about her-- blah, blah, blah-- bottom line, she's been recruited.

So, what fun-- she got loads of playing time, which will be so good for her. This is only her second year playing, and she hasn't seen much playing time, so nobody ever gets to see what she can or can't do. Heck, she doesn't even know what she can and can't do. She played well today-- aggressive, took shots when she was open. Only one of 'em dropped, but hey-- it's a start.

Tomorrow I get to go out to lunch with an old, dear friend of mine-- and she always treats, woo-hoo, which makes it taste so much better! Like a big girl-- all by myself-- a big-girl lunch.

Marla ...So glad you are getting rid of the Sponginess. WTG Rebekah ! Have fun at lunch.
  • jimswmn
    Options
    hi everyone! i'm finally back from visiting the family, we were supposed to come back on monday, but the weather was pretty bad and the roads were dangerous, so we ended up getting back tuesday afternoon. ds missed a day of school but he didn't mind too much. i had a bad few days eating-wise and today was the first day i worked out since last friday! yikes! my parents always have tons of goodies laying around, and i always tend to graze on stuff that i know i shouldn't. so i gained that darn 2 pounds back AGAIN, but at least i know exactly the reason why. did my squats today before i started tae bo, and man my legs felt like jello the whole time! i think tomorrow i'll wait till after my regular workout to do them. well almost time to put the monkeys to bed. have a good night everyone!

Have a great night Beth!:heart:

Welcome back Beth !
  • 72lori
    Options
    Morning gang. Did my squats. 186. I gotta say though, I think I will only do these every other day. I believe in giving muscles time to repair after you work them. I sort of thought it while I was doing them and then when I was done one of my gym friends gave me heck, since I just did them yesterday. He's right. I like a 2 day break between working muscles, but for the sake of the challenge I'll do every other day. I'll throw in sit ups for 5 minutes on my off day so I'm not slacking.

Lori ... My daughter who has degrees up the wahzoo had a fit when she found out I was planning on doing them every day. She said every other day Mom, give the muscle time to repair.

I agree. I don't even do sit ups every day. I will do my squats again tomorrow. :happy:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    I hate scales. We just got a new one and it weighs me 5 pounds heavier. I changed my starting weight instead of having it look like I gained 5 . :devil: :explode:

Andrew ...hope this doesn't mess up the charting for me.:sick:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    We have power again...Yippy! Stupid ice. :grumble:

Confession: I ate so much crap Wednesday and Thursday that I couldn't log it if I wanted to.

But, I was able to make it to work today and have done okay. We'll see what the night brings. We have a girl scout leader meeting at 10:30 at a local pizza place. I think I'll forget my wallet at home. That'll be the only way I don't eat what I shouldn't. :ohwell:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I squatted at work!! :wink:

:laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Just checking in real quick before I run to the school to pick my youngest up early. I did an easy walk on the treadmill this morning (stayed at a 3.2 speed) and only walked a little over 2 miles. That was ok with the calves:wink: Then I got on the stationary bike and did an easy 3.5 miles. I had just finished doing my abs when I got a call from the Dean at Alex's school:grumble: So, I didnt get my pull ups done today or my push ups. The push ups I can do here at home, but sorry Lori...cant do the pull ups til I get back to the gym tomorrow:smile:

Hope everyone is having a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I squatted at work!! :wink:

Wow Jeannie...I hope no one saw you!:wink::laugh:

:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :wink: Roni!

LOL.......I did my squats in the bathroom stall..............oh WAIT............that sounds even worse!!! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Just checking in real quick before I run to the school to pick my youngest up early. I did an easy walk on the treadmill this morning (stayed at a 3.2 speed) and only walked a little over 2 miles. That was ok with the calves:wink: Then I got on the stationary bike and did an easy 3.5 miles. I had just finished doing my abs when I got a call from the Dean at Alex's school:grumble: So, I didnt get my pull ups done today or my push ups. The push ups I can do here at home, but sorry Lori...cant do the pull ups til I get back to the gym tomorrow:smile:

awesome! I would have used it as an excuse to sit my happy butt on the couch!!

Do you stretch before and after you do cardio? A lot of ppl do not know you should and this can cause horrible pain.

I hope your calves feel better today

Jeannie
  • 72lori
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have not been keeping up with my pull ups so well. I did well last week, then the weekend hit and I got off track. I did a few at the gym, but that was it. I sort of think we should use the same thing I was wondering about squats, maybe EVERY day is too much. Every other may be better. Or even every 3rd day. The trick is to keep at it.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    181 squats in 5 minutes! Complete with little people running between my legs & thinking mommy was doing a funny dance. :bigsmile:

Roni - I hope everything is okay with your son. Calls from school often aren't good. :grumble:

Jeannie - that sounds really quite funny. :laugh:

Kati - Yay for power! I hope the ice goes away quickly & good luck with the pizza.

That's all I read. I'm a bad black teamer any more. Sorry. :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Good afternoon friends.. I'm ready for a nap - just like every other afternoon..

How's the gang?
  • janiebeth
    Options
    181 squats in 5 minutes! Complete with little people running between my legs & thinking mommy was doing a funny dance. :bigsmile:

Roni - I hope everything is okay with your son. Calls from school often aren't good. :grumble:

Kati - Yay for power! I hope the ice goes away quickly & good luck with the pizza.

No worries Sara - I can't keep up anymore either.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Janie!!! How's it going?! It's been too long. *hugs*
  • janiebeth
    Options

Janie!!! How's it going?! It's been too long. *hugs*

I'm good - just too crazy busy to communicate well. Darn work - darn losing lottery tickets ...

How are you doing?