Black Team Challenge Week #3!!!

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    My hormones are throwing a party and they forgot to let me know and I'm not over thrilled about it! One of the benefits of losing weight was decreased chest size, ok, minus the less than perky, somewhat deflated appearance. The fact that they were smaller and lighter was a huge plus for me. This week my chest is sore and it's like they were re-inflated. With lead. Ewwchiwawa!

I've never been one to have huge premenstrual issues. I hope this is a one time deal and not signs of 'getting older'. I really could do without 20 pound boobs every month. I thought maybe I was just imagining it, but when I asked my DH this morning if they looked bigger the look on his face told all. They are ginormous. No wonder I gained a pound a half. It's all in my bewbs.

Lol-- I love the spelling "ewwchiwawa." Sounds like you're pregnant. ;)

Lori, Lori, Lori-- we are one, my friend-- truly, I hate the bigger bewbs I get with the water weight, et cetera-- my hubs gives me a perennial... "How you doin'?' ala Joey on Friends-- he's a pig in poop and then gets angry at me for wanting to take off more weight. "How can you not like them?" Oh, shut up.
    [/quote]

I feel you ladies too!!!! I played soccer in HS with DD's when I had my reduction they were F's went down to a small D and when I had Madison they went back up and stayed at DD's. Had Ava and they went up and stayed at an F. now that I have lost weight they are at a D. I can handle D's some days they feel like they weight about 50 lbs. SUCKS!!!!!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    You guys aren't all that funny. Pregnant. :noway: I have a surgeon who would have LOTS of explaining to do. I had my tubes tied and an endometrial ablation about a year and a half ago. I would be soooooo p!ssed! Of course I still get my TOM, so not sure how effective the ablation turned out to be, most women don't have enough uterine lining left for an egg to attach to, apparently since TOM still visits, my uterine lining is just fine. :grumble:

Hubs actually said the same thing and had this smerky, little 'wouldn't that be cool' smile on his face. NO IT WOULDN"T! This factory is done. Closed. Out of business. Shut down.

Anyway.... I'm going with my hormonal party theory. If I don't get a visitor next week you will all hear the screams.

I hate big bewbs. Only a man would think they were cool. If their junk was all big and uncomfortable, they wouldn't be laughing. What if there junk slapped off their knees when they ran? Who would be laughing then? Huh? (Sorry Batman and Jim.)

Oh how I envy little B and even C cup women. Even after losing weight I'm sitting at a D, but it's a comfy D, a D that fits. I can handle it most of the time. I double up on sports bras to make cardio bearable. So yes, the fact that they exploded this week is past irritating! Where is the deflate button?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    If their junk was all big and uncomfortable, they wouldn't be laughing. What if there junk slapped off their knees when they ran? Who would be laughing then? Huh? (Sorry Batman and Jim.)

Ummmm-- I know a man who'd be jumpin' for joy--

Just sayin''
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I just KNEW you'd have something to say about that one! LOL
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    You guys aren't all that funny. Pregnant. :noway: I have a surgeon who would have LOTS of explaining to do. I had my tubes tied and an endometrial ablation about a year and a half ago. I would be soooooo p!ssed! Of course I still get my TOM, so not sure how effective the ablation turned out to be, most women don't have enough uterine lining left for an egg to attach to, apparently since TOM still visits, my uterine lining is just fine. :grumble:

Hubs actually said the same thing and had this smerky, little 'wouldn't that be cool' smile on his face. NO IT WOULDN"T! This factory is done. Closed. Out of business. Shut down.

Anyway.... I'm going with my hormonal party theory. If I don't get a visitor next week you will all hear the screams.

I hate big bewbs. Only a man would think they were cool. If their junk was all big and uncomfortable, they wouldn't be laughing. What if there junk slapped off their knees when they ran? Who would be laughing then? Huh? (Sorry Batman and Jim.)

Oh how I envy little B and even C cup women. Even after losing weight I'm sitting at a D, but it's a comfy D, a D that fits. I can handle it most of the time. I double up on sports bras to make cardio bearable. So yes, the fact that they exploded this week is past irritating! Where is the deflate button?

I started at a C before kids...got pregnant with Z & shot up to a DD complete with stretch marks. :grumble: Sat at a D/DD until I started losing weight. After I quit bf'ing T & got down to my goal weight (for exactly a day...dangit) I was at an A. WTH? :huh: Guess we'll see what happens once i get down that low again.

if you're pregnant...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It'd be great. :flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    Options

if you're pregnant...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It'd be great. :flowerforyou:

Haha! You could join me. Weren't your kids asking for a baby? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Now who's laughing?
  • 72lori
    Options
    If their junk was all big and uncomfortable, they wouldn't be laughing. What if there junk slapped off their knees when they ran? Who would be laughing then? Huh? (Sorry Batman and Jim.)

Just sayin''

I'm talking about their boys, you know, the pair. Long, hanging, heavy, slapping off their knees. Of course they all want to have to roll the other part up to fit it in their pants. :bigsmile:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Just sayin''

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options

Just sayin''

I'm talking about their boys, you know, the pair. Long, hanging, heavy, slapping off their knees. Of course they all want to have to roll the other part up to fit it in their pants. :bigsmile:

Ohhhhhhh-- well, that's a horse of a different color.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey, my friends--

Got my squats done today and hope to run tonight. I'm feeling the squats, like, everywhere, man. My tummy tightens, my back tightens-- love 'em! I might be cursing you the entire time, Batman, but I'm really thankful! :wink:

Feeling pretty well, overall, and am sooooo thrilled. Went off the naprosyn, which is the anti-inflammatory/pain killer portion of my medicines-- and take a couple Tylenol in the morning instead-- and have been feeling pretty well. Pain and stiffness is definitely tolerable--

On hub's recommendation I'd been adding a billion supplements-- fish oil, alpha lipoic acid, CoQ10 with L-carnitine-- blah, blah, blah-- all good stuff, I'm sure-- and I don't know if there is any connection, but as I've complained ad infinitum, I've been blowing up like a balloon.

So, I'm off all of it-- and my body is blissfully deflating. Woooooooot!!!!!

Had a great afternoon-- 12 year old Rebekah got a chance to play basketball on a local Christian school's basketball team. They're allowed to have 2 homeschool kids per year, and due to many injuries on their team, were short of people to play. The coach is a neighbor of a friend of Rebekah's who told him about her-- blah, blah, blah-- bottom line, she's been recruited.

So, what fun-- she got loads of playing time, which will be so good for her. This is only her second year playing, and she hasn't seen much playing time, so nobody ever gets to see what she can or can't do. Heck, she doesn't even know what she can and can't do. She played well today-- aggressive, took shots when she was open. Only one of 'em dropped, but hey-- it's a start.

Tomorrow I get to go out to lunch with an old, dear friend of mine-- and she always treats, woo-hoo, which makes it taste so much better! Like a big girl-- all by myself-- a big-girl lunch.

Tamara-- we're going to Cracker Barrel, so I'll be thinking of you! (checking out my menu beforehand-- can't wait)

Heading to work-- transcribing the new season of Chopped, a Food Network show-- fun stuff.

Later, my friends--
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Just sayin''

:noway: what did I MISS today

:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Just sayin''

:noway: what did I MISS today

:laugh:

I feel that way about bras. I hate hate HATE them.......who's idea was it to squash us up in one of these contraptions?

Men aren't required to wear cups all day!!:grumble:

:angry:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! i'm finally back from visiting the family, we were supposed to come back on monday, but the weather was pretty bad and the roads were dangerous, so we ended up getting back tuesday afternoon. ds missed a day of school but he didn't mind too much. i had a bad few days eating-wise and today was the first day i worked out since last friday! yikes! my parents always have tons of goodies laying around, and i always tend to graze on stuff that i know i shouldn't. so i gained that darn 2 pounds back AGAIN, but at least i know exactly the reason why. did my squats today before i started tae bo, and man my legs felt like jello the whole time! i think tomorrow i'll wait till after my regular workout to do them. well almost time to put the monkeys to bed. have a good night everyone!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Does anyone know what should be done when you've met your goal weight but you still want to decrease your body fat %? My body fat % has decreased since I've begun my weight loss journey but I would still like to tone some more. I really want to see definition in my arms, back and legs but am unsure what I should do to get that w/o dropping pounds. I'm only 1.5 lbs away from my goal weight and I'm expecting to hit it in the nxt few weeks but don't know what I should do once the weight goal is met but not the body fat %.

Any and all ideas are welcomed and thank you in advance.

Something that would be great for your arms & back would be pushups. Have you tried the 100 pushup challenge? Good luck to you!

Thank for that suggestion. I printed the information on the 100 push up challenge about 3 months ago but decided not to begin til after completing my boot camp sessions b/c we were doing a lot of push ups there and my arms were so sore. Boot camp is now over so that is something to revisit.

Thank again

Choco....I would highly recc one of the workout programs Marla or Sara uses..(.Dont know anyone else)

The Chalene Extreme or one of those............really perfect to kick up those muscles and freak them out!

Good for you being so close to goal!!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    hi everyone! i'm finally back from visiting the family, we were supposed to come back on monday, but the weather was pretty bad and the roads were dangerous, so we ended up getting back tuesday afternoon. ds missed a day of school but he didn't mind too much. i had a bad few days eating-wise and today was the first day i worked out since last friday! yikes! my parents always have tons of goodies laying around, and i always tend to graze on stuff that i know i shouldn't. so i gained that darn 2 pounds back AGAIN, but at least i know exactly the reason why. did my squats today before i started tae bo, and man my legs felt like jello the whole time! i think tomorrow i'll wait till after my regular workout to do them. well almost time to put the monkeys to bed. have a good night everyone!

Have a great night Beth!:heart:
  • Marla64
    Options

Beth-- glad you're home safe and sound.

Family visits are tough, for sure-- nice to be back to normal.

Have a great night!!!!!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Jeannie- when you got big knockers, a bra is a saving grace. I don't go without one often. Not good for anybody.

Beth- glad you made it back, sorry you found the 2 pounds back. I know you'll kick it back in gear and it will be gone again.

Awww crud. I know I read more, but that's all I can scroll down and see. Brain is done for the day.

Sorry team.

Just got home from soccer. Did my consession stand duty. Ended up eating a bowl of cereal at 8:30 because I was hungry. My PB&J at 4:00 wasn't going to get me through. I prefer not to eat so late, but sometimes life gets in the way of eating at my reguarly scheduled times.

Have a good night. I'm off to shower and crawl into bed. We had such heavy rain and storms all night last night, it was hard to sleep through! I'm ready for a good night's sleep.
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    WHOOP WHOOP!!! THANKS Andrew and everyone for your comments about my weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am feeling so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it is all thanks to you guys for helping me!!! :flowerforyou:

So, I did my squats last night at the gym and I did it for 5 minutes straight.....I also did strength training and 30 minutes on the treadmill. I was thinking..."wow..that wasn't hard at all....what were people complaining about?" AND THEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING and reality struck me like a fricken bomb.....:explode: .............I couldn't move my legs. AAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: So, doing squats today required intervals of 30 seconds.....but, I did it!!!!!!! :drinker: YAY!!!!

So, thanks again everybody....

Bryanna

P.S. not that it matters but, my name is Bryanna and it is pronounced with the Y....like Bry with an Anna on the end....not like the traditional Brianna.....my parents are weird :happy: But, I love them for it.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!

Lori-- Ahhh, the girls. I sure do miss some of mine. I went from a 44DD went I started out 16 mos ago to a 38C now. Its lighter and easier, but I miss my cleavage:blushing:

Beth-- I hope your grandmother continues to do well:heart: Your home now, your back on track, you will do great!!

Marla-- Congratulations to Rebekah!!:drinker: Have a wonderful lunch with your friend today. You sure do deserve some "big-girl" time!!:flowerforyou:

Jim-- Im sure theres no worries with the squats. Andrew did say that unless you have a legitimate medical reason...I think you qualify!:flowerforyou:

Leslie-- How is your daughter? Any news?

Choco-- Congrats on being so close to your goal!!:drinker: :drinker:

Sara-- Glad your feeling better:flowerforyou:

Richie-- How did it go with the squats?

Bobbi, Tammy, Tanya, Donna, Andrew, 3BB, Jeannie and everyone else...good morning!!:flowerforyou:

Well, this morning is not so great. I am soooo sore in my legs and calve muscles. I mean seriously sore.:cry: I dont think its all entirely due to the squats. Ive been doing the elliptical at the gym for the past 2 days instead of the treadmill. I wanted to shake things up a bit and get my cardio in doing something different. I had never been on the elliptical before and it was definatley a change from the treadmill! The first day after doing it, I was sore...but it was tolerable. Yesterday after being on it again, WOW. My legs (mostly my calves) HURT! I soaked in a hot bath for about an hour last night and it seemed to help a little. I got up this morning and OUCH!! It really hurts to even walk.

Im wondering if I should stay off the elliptical today? I mean, do I treat it the same as if I had worked those muscles with strength training and give it a rest period? Even the thought of going back to the treadmill today HURTS:laugh:

I think what Im going to do is just an easy walk on the treadmill and go on to doing my abs and arms. That should be ok?

Oh and Andrew, I wont be doing my squats today, sorry:ohwell:

Have a great day everyone!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Friday morning all...Off to work again. I should be off today but I took on some extra work. Hubby is getting ready to have a knee replacement and I'm trying to earn a little extra to keep our heads above water while he is out. I have had a good week, made it to the gym Mon and Wed and am going again today and did the Shred the other days. My TOM is coming so I feel bloated but my weight has only gone up a pound instead of the usual five or so. We had a family dinner last night and I only ate 1 brownie and sent the rest with everybody else. Yeah me!!! I have a terrible sweet tooth. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday and a happy weekend in case I don't check back in.