Black Team Challenge Week #3!!!

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!! :angry: What's that supposed to mean...."AND Marla--" ???????

Like I'm some old lady that can't squat? Punk. :grumble:

I'll have you know I was squatting when you were only a glimmer in your pappy's eye, whippersnapper--

:wink:

YAY I'm still a whippersnapper!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm starting to feel like an old lady. My hubs keeps telling me he's an old man and I have to remind him that I am older then he is.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey Black Team,

Hope everyone has had a good evening. Finally got some cycling shoes and put on the cleats and clipped into my pedals for the first time. It is a WEIRD feeling have your feet attached to the pedal. Now I have to untrain a lifetime of pushing pedals down and teach myself to focus on pushin and pulling in full circles. Anyway got a good workout on the bike and did my 5 mins of squats. 5 mins and 267. And yes my legs are feeling it, especially since I had just been cycling. lol.

Marla-You must be fun being one of your kids. "What is mom doing in the kitchen?!" "Squating I think..."

Leslie-Hopeing your daughter is ok. Our thoughts are with you.

Great job on all the workouts guys!
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey Black Team!
    Hope everyone is doing well. I'm trying with my weight loss and I seem to be loosing the weight but I struggle with eating good foods all the time. I'm trying to snack more often because I believe that is a key to success.

Anyway, my husband & I both had the flu and I have never seen so much vomit in my entire life! After about 3 hours of it I decided to weigh myself and we were laughing so hard because he couldn't imagine that there was anyone else in the world who would weigh themselves to see if they lost weight from vomiting! I said...I know some people on the Black Team who would be weighing themselves! Not that I think it is a good weight loss strattegy...but interesting to see what the outcome is!

Ummmm...about the squatting. What the heck is that? Who wants to squatt? OMG, it hurt. I did 75 and I feel like my legs are jello! Ugh...let's see what tomorrow brings...I'm sure I'll be feeling that one in the morning.

I want everyone to know that I got up this morning and worked out on my eliptical machine for 30 minutes before work! That is huge for me because I hate getting up for work...so that was fun this morning. Tommorrow night my dh and I have a date to work out together which will be nice.

Well...off for now. I know I don't get to sit and chat on here as often as I would like, but I will try harder.

Here's to happy healthy lives!
    Sara
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Sara-- you're doing great. Sorry about the flu-- hard way to lose weight. I had my gall bladder out last April-- lost 10 pounds in the mix-- illness-- gotta love it.

Frequent snacks are great-- keep the furnace burning, right? Slow and steady wins the race.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Morning all, well managed 135 squats with the assistance of my 2 year old - he kepy wanting cuddles :smile: , my hips were aching more than my thighs but that might change later.

Thanks for the table, andrew and the challenges.

Hope everyone has a good sleep (:laugh: ) and a great thursday
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Week Three= :drinker: :flowerforyou: squats , well.....................it's been about 40 years but I will give it a whirl may be they will help the bum knee hugs to all Richie
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Black Team. Just back from my morning run. Felt good despite a stomach ache. Great weigh ins from everyone. Congrats! :flowerforyou: Thanks Batman!:flowerforyou:

I came back and did my squats. I don't know how you guys keep count. With all the distractions around me and probably my A.D.D. kicking in..... I did 4 minutes worth.

I even bought a scale last night. I know I know...I a week behind in my challenges...better late than never:happy:

Have a great day everyone:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone:flowerforyou:

Andrew...my butt and legs hurt this morning:grumble: :laugh: What a challenge you gave us this week!! And today is my day to do legs at the gym, that should be interesting. I didnt count my squats either...I think I just focused on the CLOCK!:laugh:

Have a great day all!:drinker:

Tamara-- You are in our :heart:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday morning...Gotta get to typing since I didn't work last night. It is rainy here, supposed to rain 2 inches. Have a great day!

My legs are sore this morning but I can sit without too much trouble:smile:

P.S. Thanks for the chart, Andrew. It looks great.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I can do squats!

I know, I know...late to the game. :grumble: A death in the family put my mind in a bad place...and I missed a weigh-in. :embarassed:

Here's to a better week! :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what should be done when you've met your goal weight but you still want to decrease your body fat %? My body fat % has decreased since I've begun my weight loss journey but I would still like to tone some more. I really want to see definition in my arms, back and legs but am unsure what I should do to get that w/o dropping pounds. I'm only 1.5 lbs away from my goal weight and I'm expecting to hit it in the nxt few weeks but don't know what I should do once the weight goal is met but not the body fat %.

Any and all ideas are welcomed and thank you in advance.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Does anyone know what should be done when you've met your goal weight but you still want to decrease your body fat %? My body fat % has decreased since I've begun my weight loss journey but I would still like to tone some more. I really want to see definition in my arms, back and legs but am unsure what I should do to get that w/o dropping pounds. I'm only 1.5 lbs away from my goal weight and I'm expecting to hit it in the nxt few weeks but don't know what I should do once the weight goal is met but not the body fat %.

Something that would be great for your arms & back would be pushups. Have you tried the 100 pushup challenge? Good luck to you!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options

Something that would be great for your arms & back would be pushups. Have you tried the 100 pushup challenge? Good luck to you!

Thank for that suggestion. I printed the information on the 100 push up challenge about 3 months ago but decided not to begin til after completing my boot camp sessions b/c we were doing a lot of push ups there and my arms were so sore. Boot camp is now over so that is something to revisit.

Thank again
  • Marla64
    Options
    :drinker: I can do squats!

I know, I know...late to the game. :grumble: A death in the family put my mind in a bad place...and I missed a weigh-in. :embarassed:

Here's to a better week! :flowerforyou:

Hugs, Sara-- here's to a good week, indeed!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Morning gang. Did my squats. 186. I gotta say though, I think I will only do these every other day. I believe in giving muscles time to repair after you work them. I sort of thought it while I was doing them and then when I was done one of my gym friends gave me heck, since I just did them yesterday. He's right. I like a 2 day break between working muscles, but for the sake of the challenge I'll do every other day. I'll throw in sit ups for 5 minutes on my off day so I'm not slacking.

My hormones are throwing a party and they forgot to let me know and I'm not over thrilled about it! One of the benefits of losing weight was decreased chest size, ok, minus the less than perky, somewhat deflated appearance. The fact that they were smaller and lighter was a huge plus for me. This week my chest is sore and it's like they were re-inflated. With lead. Ewwchiwawa!

I've never been one to have huge premenstrual issues. I hope this is a one time deal and not signs of 'getting older'. I really could do without 20 pound boobs every month. I thought maybe I was just imagining it, but when I asked my DH this morning if they looked bigger the look on his face told all. They are ginormous. No wonder I gained a pound a half. It's all in my bewbs.

Alrighty, enough venting about being a woman. I've got some stuff to do. Time to move. Later dudes!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, I have no advice for you as I've never really reached my goal weight. I just wanted to say CONGRATS to you for your accomplishment!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Morning gang. Did my squats. 186. I gotta say though, I think I will only do these every other day. I believe in giving muscles time to repair after you work them. I sort of thought it while I was doing them and then when I was done one of my gym friends gave me heck, since I just did them yesterday. He's right. I like a 2 day break between working muscles, but for the sake of the challenge I'll do every other day. I'll throw in sit ups for 5 minutes on my off day so I'm not slacking.

My hormones are throwing a party and they forgot to let me know and I'm not over thrilled about it! One of the benefits of losing weight was decreased chest size, ok, minus the less than perky, somewhat deflated appearance. The fact that they were smaller and lighter was a huge plus for me. This week my chest is sore and it's like they were re-inflated. With lead. Ewwchiwawa!

I've never been one to have huge premenstrual issues. I hope this is a one time deal and not signs of 'getting older'. I really could do without 20 pound boobs every month. I thought maybe I was just imagining it, but when I asked my DH this morning if they looked bigger the look on his face told all. They are ginormous. No wonder I gained a pound a half. It's all in my bewbs.

Alrighty, enough venting about being a woman. I've got some stuff to do. Time to move. Later dudes!

Lol-- I love the spelling "ewwchiwawa." Sounds like you're pregnant. ;)

Lori, Lori, Lori-- we are one, my friend-- truly, I hate the bigger bewbs I get with the water weight, et cetera-- my hubs gives me a perennial... "How you doin'?' ala Joey on Friends-- he's a pig in poop and then gets angry at me for wanting to take off more weight. "How can you not like them?" Oh, shut up.
  • Jim77
    Jim77 Posts: 8
    Options
    Okay I'm going to tell you that I won't be doing this challenge. I had my patella tendon reattached about 10 yrs ago and the bending kills me now. I'm keeping up with the water challenge and logging, even trying to make sure everything is measured but squats, no can do.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Great Job!!

I better get my squating butt into gear you AND marla did more then me!!!

Again GREAT JOB!!!!

Thanks Sam !
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Lori!!! Sounds like you're pregnant! Marla would know...and she says so, too. :wink:

:laugh: