Existing on a LOWER CLASS Income

Options
12346»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Become a nurse. Huge shortage. Good pay too.

I would MUCH rather be poor than to deal in blood and guts!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Student loans should be illegal. :tongue:

Disagree. The companies that RUN and loan student loans and manage your loans should be disassembled and the people managing those companies should be put in jail. But the loans themselves are not bad. I have a fixed loan at 4.8% and learned my lesson on private loans. Definitely NEVER get a private loan for school. 12$% on that bad boy. It's on the fast track to repayment, that's for sure.

My main student loan was through the Department of Education. Then it got bought out by Mohela. I was not notified via mail, email, phone call, carrier pigeon that this was done. I didn't catch it until two months later when I realized my loans weren't being taken out of my bank account. Had to buy arrears and everything. What a f'n fiasco that was.

College is available to those that want to go. And no, a degree doesn't guarantee you a job, but it helps a great deal. And opens up your employment opportunities beyond those that just require a diploma. Even an AA or AS is better than nothing.

Oh I totally agree here... It's ridiculous... If I had known then what I know now (I was the first in my family to go to school) I would have looked much harder and longer for student loans... as my parents were so bad off credit wise that they couldn't co-sign a loan for me... they tried and we were denied. I had to have all signiture loans and they are kicking us in the *kitten*. My husband has been working to get them all refinanced to a lower fixed rate... other than the 12% that they were/are.

They also don't tell you that they will cut you off once you reach a certain amount of money. That was *never* disclosed to me. I just got cut off, two semesters away from finishing.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear MyFitnessPal's,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

We encourage open discussion as long as it is approached from a position of maturity and mutual respect for one another. This discussion has stepped outside the boundaries of our forums guidelines in too many ways, too many times for the debate to be allowed to continue.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.