10 pieces of advice you would have told the old you ?

Options

Replies

• CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Well said...

3) Dieting is hard. Exercising is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard.

• Molly_bee
    Molly_bee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First, last and most important thing...STOP DOUBTING YOURSELF. I was the queen of I can't do it and I "wish". Now I realize, I stopped myself before I could even start.

agreed!
  • sarahmichelle876
    Options
    Bump
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    1) No one will do it for you.
    2) The fat does not just disappear after you have the baby
    3) If you wait long enough you will still be just as heavy if not more, you have to DO SOMETHING about it.
    4) You deserve it
    5) Exersice makes you feel better and stronger
    6) You can do it no matter what anyone says
    7) You love to run so RUN!
    8) You don't need an excuse to exercise
    9) You can eat it's okay to feed your body
    10) Fuel yourself with clean foods rather than processed or junk food, you'll thank me :wink:
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    1. Stop saying you'll start tomorrow, tomorrow never comes.
    2. Eating healthy doesn't have to be gross, there are so many healthy recipes that are more delicious than the bad stuff!
    3. You're going to have high blood pressure if you don't lay off the fast food.
    4. Exercise for 5 MORE min!!! You can do it!
    5. Stop making every excuse you can to not exercise.
    6. Take pictures of your progress, it helps to motivate you.
    7. If you are feeling down a out your weight loss, post it on MFP. There are plenty of wonderful people who will snap you back into place.
    8. Think of the long life you want to have ahead of you with your husband and future children.
    9. You really don't need to upsize your fries.
    10. You are beautiful. You may not see it now and that's ok because you don't FEEL beautiful. But with hard work and time, you will see and feel what others have seen all along.
  • floridachikk
    floridachikk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Bassgirl51
    Options
    1. You have to take care of yourself. No one is really going to do it for you.
    2. TV lies stop believing it. Fast food does not make you happy, it makes you fat, new cars might make you happy but they cost A LOT which then stresses you out and you get fatter. Insurance is not cheaper, blah blah. Try to think of one commercial that actually does what it promises.
    3. Stuff does not get better with age nor easier that is BS too.
    4. Anything worth having is not easy, never was, there is light at the end of the tunnel if you walk that far.
    5. You will survive, and if you don't, I hear it is really nice on the other side, so what are you so afraid of?
    6. DO NOT GET Into debt. It will wear on you and usually it is worn out before you get it paid for.
    7. Weight debt has the same effect only on health. Don't go there if you can help it. And if you are already there, get a system for getting back inbalance.
    8. Saying a legitimate "no" to others does not mean you love them less. Even Jesus told people no and took time for himself.
    9. All that money you saved from not being in debt and all that health you have from resetting a balance...travel!!! It is an awesome world out there.
    10. You have to take care of your self. No one else will. Yes, this needs to be repeated twice.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    1. You have to take care of yourself. No one is really going to do it for you.
    2. TV lies stop believing it. Fast food does not make you happy, it makes you fat, new cars might make you happy but they cost A LOT which then stresses you out and you get fatter. Insurance is not cheaper, blah blah. Try to think of one commercial that actually does what it promises.
    3. Stuff does not get better with age nor easier that is BS too.
    4. Anything worth having is not easy, never was, there is light at the end of the tunnel if you walk that far.
    5. You will survive, and if you don't, I hear it is really nice on the other side, so what are you so afraid of?
    6. DO NOT GET Into debt. It will wear on you and usually it is worn out before you get it paid for.
    7. Weight debt has the same effect only on health. Don't go there if you can help it. And if you are already there, get a system for getting back inbalance.
    8. Saying a legitimate "no" to others does not mean you love them less. Even Jesus told people no and took time for himself.
    9. All that money you saved from not being in debt and all that health you have from resetting a balance...travel!!! It is an awesome world out there.
    10. You have to take care of your self. No one else will. Yes, this needs to be repeated twice.

Uhhhhhhhhhh, WOW!!!!!! I Love Love LOVE (did I mention :heart: LOVE:heart: ) this post. Absolute wisdom and way COOL and TRUE to boot. Thanks so much for posting. :flowerforyou:
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    1.Stop and think- Is that crappy food really worth the set back?
    2.DO NOT be chained to the scale
    3.Go by your measurements not by lbs gained or lost
    4.Enjoy your non scale victories
    5.Take LOTS of pictures because you will be able to see your progress more
    6.Only eat when you are hungry
    7.Be brave
    8.MOVE
    9.Drink lots of water or only water
    10.Take it day by day
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Bump
  • LisaGod85
    LisaGod85 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1. Lift HEAVY!
    2. Don't eat fast food 3 times a week!
    3. Back away from the soda.
    4. Emotions do not = food
    5. Just because you're stressed, does not mean you deserve frou-frou coffee.
    6. Did I mention lift heavy?!
    7. Stay at or below 1500 calories. It works for my body.
    8. Eat quinoa!
    9. Eat egg whites!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    1) It's not just about weight loss.
    2) Permanent weight loss>rapid weight loss
    3) It is a work in progress
    4) Believe in yourself
    5) Eat around your BMR.
    6) Drink more tea and water
    7) I am who I choose to be
    8) Don't let the negativity drag you down
    9) It's not always easy
    10) Tomorrow is a new day.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    1 - You are worth it
    2 - Life is much easier to move around in when you are healthy
    3 - You can learn to like whole wheat bread - it's not really that bad
    4 - Money spent on exercise is much better than money spent eating out - you get much more in return
    5 - Shopping for clothes is fun when you aren't limited to a few stores
    6- Self Control with food is a very powerful thing
    7 - All of the advice, motivation etc means nothing if you don't want it
    8 - You don't have to give up any food you like
    9 - Be honest when you log, the only person you cheat is yourself
    10 - You can inspire others even thought that is not what you set out to do
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    1) There are only two possible directions: moving TOWARD better health or moving AWAY from better health
    2) Doing nothing is not an option.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    A bad meal or a bad day doesn't make you fat and doesn't mean you are finished.

People aren't crazy, you really DO like working out once you get in the habit.

If you give yourself enough time, you WILL start liking healthy food. Fast food and soda really WON'T taste that great anymore.

It feels really, really good to be thinner and healthier, no matter how you feel about your looks.

Clothes are easier to find and a whole cheaper in a size 8 vs. a size 22.

Losing weight gives you confidence. Again - its more how you feel about accomplishing something vs. how you actually look.

You will become an inspiration to others and this is also a gift to you. Especially when others are your children and your students.

Losing weight opens doors in many areas of your life. Perhaps it shouldn't be this way, but it is.

You can lose weight, feel great, exercise, and still have dessert, or wine, or whatever your *thing* is, as long as it all balances out.
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You are strong enough, brave enough, and worth getting healthy.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I can't count all the way to 10, but here are a couple:
    * focus on progress, not perfection
    * don't stop when you are tired, stop when you are done
    * STAY in shape so you don't have to get BACK in shape
    * don't give up what you want MOST for what you want NOW
    * relationships are more important than calories in a meal, splurge with friends once in a while!
    * own your space and don't let others tell you what you 'should be doing'
    * don't be afraid to acknowledge that you are sometimes your own worst enemy and kill the resistance from within
    * throw away the scale. the mirror and your jeans are a better indicator of progress
    * first QUANTITY and then QUALITY
    * tomorrow is the worst time to start. NOW is the best time to start
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    -if your tired of starting over quit giving up
    -your already here, your already sweaty, your already in pain...just finish it
    -muscle is a good thing
    -your scale number is not tattooed to your forehead, no one cares about that number, just focus on mirror
    -surroung your self with people who enjoy fitness (its easier then!)
    -when you cheat the workout the only one you cheat is yourself

I only have 6 but those are my favorite discoveries through the fitness journey.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    1) F the soda, drink a lot of water.
    2) Veggies taste good and they have a lot of bulk to make you feel full.
    3) It's cheaper, easier and less time consuming to cook your own meals than it is to drive to a restaurant and then wait for them to cook it. It's also fewer Calories if you do it right.
    4) Walking 3 blocks does not justify a trip to the local buffet, or an entire tub of ice cream, or anything else you were wanting.
    5) Anything in 4 is okay to eat. Just do it in moderation.
    6) The concept of weight loss is easy. Eat fewer Calories than you burn. The execution is not always easy. You'll have bad days, you'll have bad weeks, you may even have bad months. When things seem to be going south, get back to the basics.
    7) The best exercise is the type that you enjoy doing and will stick to.
    8) Until you make it a habit that is sustainable, find support and anything you can to make yourself accountable.
    9) Weight loss doesn't fix all your problems. In a lot of cases all it does is exposes that your problems weren't the result of your body weight.
    10) Number 9 may be true but weight loss sure as hell improved your sex life.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I can't count all the way to 10, but here are a couple:
    * focus on progress, not perfection
    * STAY in shape so you don't have to get BACK in shape
    * don't give up what you want MOST for what you want NOW
    * relationships are more important than calories in a meal, splurge with friends once in a while!
    * own your space and don't let others tell you what you 'should be doing'
    * don't be afraid to acknowledge that you are sometimes your own worst enemy and kill the resistance from within
    * throw away the scale. the mirror and your jeans are a better indicator of progress
    * first QUANTITY and then QUALITY
    * tomorrow is the worst time to start. NOW is the best time to start

ALL of these are terrific...but here's the one I'll be adding to my mental FLAB&FAT exercising from now on:

Wow, I LOVE this and again, will be meditating on this as I'm doing my daily working out (physically and mentally) WOOT!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!