how many meals do u all eat a day

Options

Replies

• WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I try to eat something about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours to keep my blood sugar even. This way I don't get too hungry and I feel good. I usually pair something with protein (6 oz. Yoplait light or an egg, for example) with something that has fiber and/or complex carbs (Power seed bread, Nature's Path pumpkin flax granola, or an apple, for example).

I know you will find what works best for you. Some people I know can stick to 3 meals a day, so that's great--for them. Try keeping track how you feel after you eat, how long you were satisfied, and how much time elapsed until you felt you really needed to have something to eat. Once you figure out what you body needs--not what it wants to have--you will have a better idea on how to time your meals.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Actual meals? Three, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Then I have five-six snacks throughout the day that consist of two veggie snacks, one nut snack (120-130 cal worth), one cheese snack, one greek yogurt snack, and then one possible variable snack depending on my mood, macros, and what I have around.
  • onceuponariot
    onceuponariot Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a big breakfast, a small lunch (sandwich, usually), a snack, a decent size dinner, and if I woke up early and am staying up late, another snack. Vegetables ideally go with every meal. This way, I don't stay so hungry after breakfast that I can't wait for the next meal and end up having binge-y behaviors, and I don't go to bed hungry. I just try to make sure I eat when my body wants and stick around my calorie goal, usually this has me eating around every 2-3 hours until dinner. I usually want a snack 4 hours after dinner if I had dinner earlier.
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    To keep from getting hungry and to keep nice steady blood chemistry, I eat 5-6 times a day. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack (if I have any calories left).
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    just wondering how many meals aday u all eat and wat i was going good with only 3 meals a day with 4 coffees but atm im starting to snack just wondering how many snacks a dy u can have

You can have as many snacks as you like, once they are healthy, and also once u stay within you clorie limit..... so SNACK ON!...
  • KBE1990
    KBE1990 Posts: 38
    Options
    I usually eat 3 meals, and an apple before each meal, apples are my snacks hehe...
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    just wondering how many meals aday u all eat and wat i was going good with only 3 meals a day with 4 coffees but atm im starting to snack just wondering how many snacks a dy u can have

You can set it up how ever you want.

all that matters is a calorie deficit, or just a calorie budget for maintenance if you are done losing.

I lost 40 lbs doing my own thing and I called it "mini meals" and "mini fasts" because I realized for the first time in my life I was fasting from my last afternoon meal until breakfast the next day. I was really excited and was working patrol with one of my super fit colleagues and I told him my story. He said he lost 30 lbs the same way and told me to look up "Eat Stop Eat" on the web. I trust this guy and he is my friend but I was leery of the ESE book. But my friend who I trust said it was good. I researched reviews and it seemed that even the skeptics ended up saying it was good and backed with very good research. So I decided to get it. You can find similar articles by simply searching the internet for "intermittent fasting" and it just helps you think of ways to setup your calorie budge the way you want that works with your own lifestyle.

When I was in a calorie deficit I stopped at 7pm, then 3 or 5pm, but only because I had enough calories for the day. It really doesn't matter when you stop eating, all that matters is a calorie deficit. But for me I found the longer fast before breakfast helped with the weight loss only because I was eating within a smaller "eating window" which simply helped me keep within calorie budget.

Now that I'm maintaining I've sort of evolved to a different pattern although it wasn't necessarily planed this way, I eat until almost bed time and head right to the gym in the morning before eating, so end up not eating until noon. Again the smaller eating window allows me to more easily stay within my calorie budget for maintenance.

There are studies that show HGH is produced in the body 15-24 hours into a 24 hour fast, as well as heading to the gym and working out with a longer than 4 hour fast. HGH provides many benefits to the body including weight loss (metabolism). Who cares if it's the HGH or the process of keeping within calorie budget, if the thought of HGH motivates you to stick with it makes it work?

Have fun with the journey.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Breakfast (protein shake)
    Snack
    Lunch
    Snack
    Dinner
    *sometimes snack (depending on calories and if i'm hungry)
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    1 or 2
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters how many times you eat per day; I think what matters is what and how much you eat. I eat 1,550 calories, and most days that's broken down into 5-8 mini meal/ snacks, but sometimes I'll end up eating 2-3 bigger meals.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    3 meals, plus 2-3 snacks spread throughout the day as needed. :)
  • thomasxaviersayles
    Options
    Eat six times per day and use portion control and always mix protein with carbs and complex carbs are even better. Just divide up your total daily caloric intake and divide by five or six and there you go. I tend to eat most calories before 3 to 5 pm but my cardio/weight training is 5:30 am. and when you get hungry for a snack, there is fruit and vegetables.
  • Parthiv0304
    Options
    3 meals breakfast, lunch and dinner. fruits and granola bars here and there
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat meals... I just kind of graze throughout the day.
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    I like to eat often. I have 3 main meals and 1 or 2 snacks depending on how hungry I am... and sometimes I like dessert.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    when I am being really good at keeping track and eating healthier I have 5-6
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I do 3 meals a day with 2 snacks between. Sometimes a third snack in the evening if I feel like it and I have enough calories left.
    This works for me, as I am the kind of person who gets hungry quickly, no matter what the last meal was.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I usually eat three normal meals, a snack or two, and a dessert after dinner.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I eat ALL of them....
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    8 am
    10 am
    noon
    2 pm
    4 pm