How do you sweeten your Greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• cdublin
    Options
    I use local honey. But I want local honey in my diet to help with my allergies and sinus problems. And it's working. So I watch my sugar intake in other areas.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting toasted coconut greek yogurt.. OMG yum!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I just tried vanilla Greek yogurt with 1 tbsp of PB2 yesterday and it was amazing. Today I tried the oikos toasted coconut Greek yogurt with the chocolate PB2 and it reminded me of a mounds candy bar...soooo good
    sounds amazing the almond joy greek yogurt...maybe you can patent it?
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    stevia! And slices of fruit.
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    MIO

taste great!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I get the Fage 2% honey greek yogurt. It's plain 2% greek yogurt with a small side of honey to mix in. It's delicious.
  • love2ipod
    love2ipod Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There are several good ways to sweeten Greek yogurt. stevia, a natural zero calorie sweetner, agave nectar ( like honey- less glycemic impact, or all fruit ( like jelly, but has no added sugar.)

another great way to eat greek yogurt if you like pumpkin--- 1 container greek yogurt, 1/4 c canned pumpkin, 1 pack stevia, a few slivered almonds, cinnamon-- i live on this in the fall!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Check out Syntrax Nectar. It is a Whey Protein Isolate powder that comes in many flavors and has no sugar, no carbs, no fat and is Lactose & Gluten free. One scoop has 24 g of protein and is 100 calories but it is a large scoop and you wouldn't need much to flavor your yogurt. Oh, and it is Aspartame free too. My favorite flavors are Fuzzy Navel, Roadside Lemonade and the Cappuccino that I use a tablespoon of for my coffee instead of sweet creamers. I got mine on Amazon. Good luck!

I love the vanilla bean torte!!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I just tried vanilla Greek yogurt with 1 tbsp of PB2 yesterday and it was amazing. Today I tried the oikos toasted coconut Greek yogurt with the chocolate PB2 and it reminded me of a mounds candy bar...soooo good
    sounds amazing the almond joy greek yogurt...maybe you can patent it?

Haha. I ended up going out and buying a bunch of the toasted coconut flavor tonight to make it again. I think it could become a new addiction...
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I blend it. in a smoothie with frozen fruits, soy milk, and protein powder
  • kboard10
    Options
    Sugar free fat free Jello, there are a handful of flavors. Mixing the chocolate is great, tastes like pudding.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I use 1 tsp of lemon curd (about 30 calories) to make lemon flavored yougurt, and then add 1c of fresh fruit. Yummy!!!
  • sally125
    sally125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use honey or a tablespoon of double the fruit strawberry jam.

Unsweetened I use it to replace sour cream.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of it...but if i want something that is "dessert like" i take a container of greek yogurt, add in a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a tablespoon of peanut butter, and a little bit of water..stir it all together and bam! chocolate pudding except waaaaay better for you ..

I also use it to make chicken salad...
  • shiohashi
    Options
    just use fruit
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    do a fruit flavor that's fat free and sugar free. The best is cherry....
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    honey and fresh fruit
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I like it with cinnamon or pumpkin spice for the plain kinds

But my fav kind to buy in the black cherry kind its really yummy and the fruit adds good flavor
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I don't. I add garlic and pepper. Sometimes a cucumber or avocado.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Strawberry preserves and honey. Delicious.