nostalgia: first car?

Options

Replies

• JSheehy1965
    Options
    1981 pale blue Vauxhall Chevette hatchback. Loved it. It fitted so much stuff in the back, the windscreen wipers were really squeaky and there was a spring in the driver's seat that caused me to have to have a couple of folded blankets on the seat to stop the spring from jabbing my butt. I. Loved. That. Car.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It was a burgundy 1975 Camaro with Keystone Classic rims! It was beautiful!!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    1965 white 2 door Chevy Impala with a stock 327 engine......man that car could fly. My next one was a 1969 Maroon 2 door Plymouth Sport Fury III...............those were beautiful cars.......not like the crap they build today:bigsmile:
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    1971 Chevy Vega 2-door sedan, turquoise blue. Probably the most awful vehicle on the planet, but I loved it, porous aluminum block and all. Totalled it in an ice storm on my way back to college after winter break. I was supposed to bring it back to the dealer the following week to have the block replaced under warranty. I was devastated.:sad:

I had a 74 and it was burnt orange........ha! it never ran......damn points........lol!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    A 2002 Chevy Malibu V6 - That thing was BEAST and I miss it so much.
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    first car i drove was my mom's '86 Nissan Pulsar NX when I turned 16 in '88...my first car that was mine was an '87 Firebird in '90

Nice! The first car I purchased was a champagne 2000 Firebird - I LOVED that car!!!
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    Firebird.jpg

This was my baby. I miss her so much!
  • French_Hater
    Options
    A 1975 MG Midget

1975_MG_Midget-595x325.png

I loved that car. Alas, it didn't run and was far outside of my abilities to restore at the ripe age of 16. I have no idea if I'll get another one or not..

i wouldn't, thats a terrible and ugly car
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Three speed on the column even..

4722049600_c752ea2ce5.jpg
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    1977 Silver Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    a green huge 1967 Dodge Polara. I loved that car and still drive big cars to this day.
  • BTheGreatest
    Options
    1995 Honda Civic!!
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1994 Ford Explorer, affectionately known as The Exploder. That thing had 190,000 and still was running when I traded her in for Chewy, my 2004 Ford Escape. I actually shed one lonely Armour All tear when I left her behind at the dealership.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    89 ford mustang convertible.. Those were good times ;)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    22 and have yet to be able to afford a car :( oh student loans... but the bike is good exercise!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    1986 Merkur xr4ti. Bought it off my brother for $500, put $150 repairs into it, then sold it a year later for $800. :drinker:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3nKjFnVHAFcaKemK1rq1R042cttRp4sy-oA4n2TpWxpWWlkajjQ
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Mine was a black 1990 geo storm 5speed with a sun roof. I loved that little car!

i know. it's weird how much we all remember our first cars fondly, even though they were usually used hand-me-downs full of rust. i think it's because those cars meant real FREEDOM for the first time in our lives.

Eactly!! The freedom of it!! My next car after the geo was a grand am, and it was a LOT nicer, but it just wasn't the same as my first ride!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    '65 Mustang that my grandpa had driven since it was new. I got it when I turned 16, in 1973.

Mustang_65_wallpaper.jpg

My second car was a '69 Mustang, which is still the favorite car I ever had.

Nice!! I envy the 69' you have!!!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Black and gold 78 Trans Am. That was a fun car!

My moms first brand new car was a Black and gold 78 trans am with a gold fire bird on the hood. That's how her and my dad met...they both had trans ams!
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Mk 1 1983 Ford Fiesta

As it was an 80's car I did it up with fury zebra skin seat covers and fluffy dice......it rocked