Do you drink any diet soda?

Options
Hey, I was wondering if its Okay to drink diet Pepsi, diet soda while trying to lose weight..
I read some people say it's still will make you fat and some says its Okay.
So i decided to ask you guys!
:D

Replies

• loner_nell
    loner_nell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself yet, but I drink diet caffeine free pepsi, about 7 in a month. It doesn't seem to make me gain weight. Not sure this helps, sorry.
  • EmCeeKayla
    EmCeeKayla Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person.
    Some people say that there's some science behind it and that it could altogether make you feel MORE hungry. So in turn, you'd possibly eat more.
    I've never had a problem with it, but in general, I'd say if possible to just stick to water.
    Some of the ingredients in diet pop/soda aren't the best for you and there's been some studies with that too.
  • smilingselena
    smilingselena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i used to drink allot of soda, maybe 5 or 6 cans a day, when i started my weight loss journey i dident stop that i switched to diet, specifally diet pepsi lime lol, i thought hey theirs no cal or sugar woohoo, lol but then i decided hey what they heck with all the checmicals and crap thats in their it cant be good, so i stopped drinking it and wow it made a diffrence i dident feel so sluggish all the time, and my weight started coming off allot quicker, everyone in a while i get a craving but its nice cause i take one sip and im like eww i cant drink this lol!!! i would deff suggest to cut it out !
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    It can sometimes make people retain more water if you drink alot of it, but if it is calorie free, you won't gain fat. I drink 1 or 2 Dt. Mountain Dew's a week, it is one of my vices left from college I haven't gotten rid of, and I'm down 2 pants sizes.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Its fine, go for it
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I drink 3-4 per day
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    gave up all soda 23 years ago :bigsmile:
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I drink a diet Dr. Pepper probably 4 times a week - I weigh 116 and have had no problems or weight gain due to those DP bottles! Now, I did have to watch my cravings because lo and behold, I did start to want sugar a lot more frequently but as long as I busied myself with school, etc, I was fine. :) go for it!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's zero calories. Knock yourself out. I drink whenever I go out to eat. The lemonade I used to order at restaurants would hit me for 1000 cals a meal. Now I get zero cals with my cheeseburgers. Big improvement.
  • issystclaire
    issystclaire Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    As someone mentioned above, it's not just about calories, sugar or gaining weight - soda, diet or otherwise, is full of chemicals and artifical ingredients. Diet even more so bc they put in sugar substitutes which are not natural.

I don't know about weight loss as I have not drank soda for many, many years, but personally I think it is best to stay away from it.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    no soda of any kind at all..........sorry
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was wondering if its Okay to drink diet Pepsi, diet soda while trying to lose weight..
    I read some people say it's still will make you fat and some says its Okay.
    So i decided to ask you guys!
    :D

I drink coke zero. there are lots of people who will tell you diet soda will kill you but they casually forget to mention that crossing the road might kill you, too.
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    i dont see the point of drinking it unless you put vodka in there too.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it at all, maybe I'll have two diet cokes a MONTH. They hardly appeal to me anymore. I just love my water. Or water with lemon squeezed in.
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i dont see the point of drinking it unless you put vodka in there too.

mhm. He speaks the truth.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 or 2 cans of diet coke a day. I have had no problems losing weight and body fat.
  • brendaschoenbs
    Options
    I think this is sometimes a controversial topic because there are two different schools of thought.

Me personally? Everything in moderation. I do sometimes drink diet soda, I do sometimes drink regular soda. I've never really seen it affect my weight one way or another. However, I do know soda in general is not healthy for our bodies so just like any other food/beverage that isn't health-ful I think personally it's a good idea to practice moderation.

We all have our vice though and if the scale is moving and you are feeling fine I wouldn't worry about it right now, baby steps. Maybe before long you will want to make changes.

In our house we have a "one treat a day" rule for the kids. I count soda (diet or regular) as a treat so if they were to choose that then no pudding or pumpkin bread or what not after dinner. They never choose it because of that. I've often used the same "rule" on myself and sometimes I do choose the diet dr. pepper over the pumpkin bread :) Because let's face it, diet dr pepper tastes yummy :)
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I drink diet sun drop :love: But I still try and drink my water too! But just can't leave the diet sun drop alone. It's my second love:heart:
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I drink at least a 2L a day of diet coke/pepsi/dew. Like someone said above, everyone is dif. Some folks it wont affect them where Im sure others it might. I hit my goal weight and never stopped drinking it. To each their own I guess.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I only drink diet soda if there's alcohol in it.

That stuff isn't particularly good for you, but it won't make you fat.