Do you drink any diet soda?

Options

Replies

• thoeting
    thoeting Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nope, not a sip in ages. I feel way more healthy for it too!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Some people have bad reactions to artificial sweeteners, and should avoid them. Just like some people have bad reactions to milk or peanuts or strawberries.

Otherwise... enjoy. I drink one or two cans daily, usually Diet Dew or Diet Dr Pepper.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was wondering if its Okay to drink diet Pepsi, diet soda while trying to lose weight..
    I read some people say it's still will make you fat and some says its Okay.
    So i decided to ask you guys!
    :D

stopped drinking soda a long time ago and I feel great
  • missj1020
    missj1020 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2 a day, I read so much stuff about what is in it. I think if you like it, you should just cut down. going cold turkey all at once makes a fat girl crazy LOL...thats just for me!
  • Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a diet coke nearly everyday. No calories and it often gets rid of any in-between hungries.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    hmm, let me see... i could put this water in my face and make myself healthier and happier, or i could fill myself up with potentially dangerous synthetic chemicals that will do nothing positive for me...

the choices...
  • Sheirai
    Sheirai Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't drink any kind of sweetened soda, artificial or real, and I try to avoid artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup in my food most of the time, too. I stopped drinking soda about 3-4 years ago, and I drink tea instead, because I'm still a caffeine addict.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I don't drink soda much anymore. When I do have one, it's not diet. :noway:

:happy:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    hmm, let me see... i could put this water in my face and make myself healthier and happier, or i could fill myself up with potentially dangerous synthetic chemicals that will do nothing positive for me...

the choices...

Easy there slugger

wpid3173-DSC3744.jpg
  • I drink a diet pepsi from time to time,no particular reason I just do some time,lol!!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

Easy there slugger

because the people who drink aspartame and other chemicals in abundance are more likely to die... sooner... so... there's that... ;)
  • BillRoehrich
    Options
    i drink a ton of diet sod. i don't think it makes you fat - there are NO calories BUT it does add water weight.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    ive heard so many diff stories on what "diet" drinks will do to you while trying to lose weight so i just cut them out all together..which by the way is awesome!! my beverages are all non calorie/sugar free drinks ie water, crystal light, ocean spray diet (that you pour in water)..i feel much better than what i did when i was drinking sodas, diet or not.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Every now and then I will have a diet pepsi. It's rare, but I do from time to time.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Easy there slugger

because the people who drink aspartame and other chemicals in abundance are more likely to die... sooner... so... there's that... ;)

I'm sure you can substantiate that, right? BTW water is chock full of chemicals
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anything carbonated at all.
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I gave up diet soda when I joined MFP. Many are high in sodium, something I don't need.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

yayyyy!!! we got a diet soda will kill you response!!!
  • sstoro
    sstoro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    3-4 a day. Either Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi. I also try to regulate my water intake to at least match what I drink in soda. I've noticed no weight loss difference when I've gone cold turkey not drinking diet sodas verses just drinking water.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    If you have a super clean diet then diet sodas, overall, are a no-no from a nutrition/health perspective. But everyone has different goals, habits and relationships with food. I try to eat as clean as possible, but I do like "bad" food, too. I allow myself one diet drink a day -- generally not soda, usually diet iced tea, but what's better than soda with pizza! Everything in moderation...