Walking Dead fans?

Options
124»

Replies

• CdnPgnMom
    CdnPgnMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm really loving this season so far! There seems to be more suspense and, "what's going to happen next?" tension for me. I'm glad Hershel's ok, but something tells me he's not quite out of the woods, yet. Is it wrong to hope that Lori dies in childbirth? lol As for the crazy guy...oh my goddess, did I ever jump when he killed him! Way to go, Rick!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    am I the only one who thinks it was really stupid that they chopped off his leg?

"hey, you are bleeding from your leg, lets just cut your entire leg off with an axe, that will be soooooo much easier to deal with"

If they didn't cut his leg off he would've turned. There's no gamble here.

correct me if i'm wrong, but they are all infected. they only turn once they die.

isn't that their thing? that the virus is in all of them?

Yes the virus is in all of them.

If they didn't cut the infected leg it would've spread and he'd turn.

If they did cut the leg he could've either turned or lived.

And he lived.

You go with the odds. I would've done the same(lol.)

uh... if the virus is in all of them... then the leg isn't an entry point for infection because.. he already IS infected... so leaving it on wouldn't change anything. So if it's just a matter of preventing death, leaving a leg on would be better.

What Rottified said.

I don't get how this is confusing, lol.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    The virus in them all is inactive, it will turn them when they die.
    The bite from a walker will kill them. So cutting the leg off gives him a greater chance of not turning. He went from a 100% chance of turning to at least a 50% chance of turning. Makes sense to me.
    Though being the only one with medical training he should never have been in there.

why does the bite from the walker kill him? your answer should have nothing to do with the zombie virus. now if you want to say the zombie bite contains bacteria and that could kill him thats one thing. but then they should be able to give him antibiotics for that.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts on who was watching from the woods? I have a theory. Could it be?
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My thought...
    1. I thought Lori was going to get her face eaten. I really don't like Lori. She bugs me.
    2. Why do they have to go to war with all the new people. Every time they come across new peeps, they go ape-****.

I love this show!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

gotta be Merle
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

gotta be Merle

Bingo! Thats exactly what I was thinking lol

And Lori....I dont like here that much either but she was even worse in prison break...again oddly enough that was one of my favorite shows of all time too.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    am I the only one who thinks it was really stupid that they chopped off his leg?

"hey, you are bleeding from your leg, lets just cut your entire leg off with an axe, that will be soooooo much easier to deal with"

correct me if i'm wrong, but they are all infected. they only turn once they die.

And he lived.

uh... if the virus is in all of them... then the leg isn't an entry point for infection because.. he already IS infected... so leaving it on wouldn't change anything. So if it's just a matter of preventing death, leaving a leg on would be better.

The bite from a walker will kill them. So cutting the leg off gives him a greater chance of not turning. He went from a 100% chance of turning to at least a 50% chance of turning. Makes sense to me.
    Though being the only one with medical training he should never have been in there.

That's not true at all. A bite from a walker will NOT kill them. I just rewatched Season 1. A bunch of them were bit and never became walkers and never cut off anything.
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Love the show- Its so different then the comic so it will be interesting to see what they do with it. Hersal in the comic died a long time ago, it was dale whos leg got cut off. And lori died while pregnant so who knows where the heck they are gonna take it! Love that its different then the comic tho, keeps us guessing! And yah i was freaking out when Lori was giving him mouth to mouth!

Oh and psychme - you asked if it mattered if we are all infected if his leg got cut off--YES you only turn if you DIE or it spreads. You turn once your brain shuts down

Lori did not die in pregnancy. That would have been far better (that is, more humane/easier for the others to live with) than what did happen.

And he lived.

What Rottified said.

It's two seperate things. A zombie bite simply kills you from an unknown sickness. The "virus" that they all already carry is what brings you back. Presumably, the CDC and hospitals tried to prevent folks from dying from bites with antibiotics and supporting treatment, etc. Obviously, those didn't really work out or it would have been big news and all the survivors would have heard about it before everything went dark.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Who was in the tree line watching the practice c-section??????

That is what I want to know too!

BTW, I am so happy to have AMC again. Thank you DISH for finally coming to your senses!

No doubt! That made me nervous!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

why does the bite from the walker kill him? your answer should have nothing to do with the zombie virus. now if you want to say the zombie bite contains bacteria and that could kill him thats one thing. but then they should be able to give him antibiotics for that.

It's inactive inside them, unless they get bit. Think of like the HPV virus. Millions of people have it but don't have any warts. But they could have sex with someone, giving them the virus and warts would appear. It's how viruses work sometimes.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Love the show- Its so different then the comic so it will be interesting to see what they do with it. Hersal in the comic died a long time ago, it was dale whos leg got cut off. And lori died while pregnant so who knows where the heck they are gonna take it! Love that its different then the comic tho, keeps us guessing! And yah i was freaking out when Lori was giving him mouth to mouth!

Oh and psychme - you asked if it mattered if we are all infected if his leg got cut off--YES you only turn if you DIE or it spreads. You turn once your brain shuts down

Lori did not die in pregnancy. That would have been far better (that is, more humane/easier for the others to live with) than what did happen.

And he lived.

What Rottified said.

It's two seperate things. A zombie bite simply kills you from an unknown sickness. The "virus" that they all already carry is what brings you back. Presumably, the CDC and hospitals tried to prevent folks from dying from bites with antibiotics and supporting treatment, etc. Obviously, those didn't really work out or it would have been big news and all the survivors would have heard about it before everything went dark.

I feel a plot hole forming... I swear I recall a bunch of their group being bit in the first season.... they never turned...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ok love this show but I'm not gonna lie I was cheering for Heshel to eat her face. MY friends and I were picking off characters that we wanted to die at the begining of season 3. Lori everyone agreed on, Hershels annoying little blond daughter and Carl. With T there was some disscussion as he was such a nonentity last season due to having gotten that (non-zombie) related infection in his arm. He does seem to be more involved though. I think they are gonn have to add some more people to their group simply from a body count stand point. Cant kill off people and leave no group without brining in more people. When Rick brushed of Lori with that whole we all appreciate what you did I cheered. I want a zombie baby to eat its way out of her but as my friends and I were discussing that cant happen since babies are born with no teeth and their fingernails are soft from being in utero.......
  • deliriousepiphany
    Options
    I love this show. that episode was awesome. the scene with Lori giving mouth to mouth, i was on the edge of my skin. I think the baby will be a zombie but.. I hope it will be a human. I hate hate that they killed off Shane. he was like.. bad guy who made all the tough decisions. although it seems like rick is turning to be just like him.
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Uber walking dead fan here :D cant wait for tomorrow!!!! / tonight!!!!