Does SIZE Matter?

Options

Replies

• crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    No, the science behind the entire typing garbage. The reason I get so irritable about the whole meso/ecto/endo is because people bandy this **** around without the sightest clue what any of it really means, or having any clue as to why it's complete and utter horse**** to try to fit any individual into a typing category. This **** becoming so prevalent is one of the reasons I'd like to see Rippetoe thrown off of a cliff.
    Neat. That has nothing to do with the premise of the string.
    First, lmost no individual fits into any of the three categories with more than roughly 40% of attributes. That's not even a sizeable majority, when you consider that an even split would be 33.33333%. It's always a split between the three in some form, often closer to even than most people realize. Yet, the BB.com and Rippetoe marks will swear up and down that you must be one of the three.
    Second, the study was done on nearly average human bodies in the 1930s, and as such, holds no water when held up to modern bodybuilders.
    Lastly, the descriptions that you have listed for each body type is only about 50% of the actual attributes allotted to each type, and as such, is missing a lot of data.
    Probably because that has nothing to do with the premise of the string.

I'm going to skip to the end, before you continue on your erroneous tirade... go read.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/776846-ok-boys-i-ve-proven-that-they-like-you

If's official counselor... you kill.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    ENDO FTW!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

GorillaEsq :love:
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    If's official counselor... you kill.
    I try.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Hmm I'll be the 'odd' one out. I like em sleek, definitely Ecto. Love the smaller guys that I can snuggle up and wrap my arms around. For me a big muscley guy isn't at all attractive. I can appreciate them and the work that they have put into their physiques but I couldn't imagine wanting to be 'physical' with one. I like flexible and lithe - so much more energetic when it counts *evil*
    I never really understood why some women like men shorter than they are. That seems odd to me.

Same reason guys like their women shorter, they like to be able to 'lead'. OR maybe they have a strong 'nurturing' instinct and they love to care for their mate. OR they like to be the 'protector'. OR any combination.. some men like tall women too ;P
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    cucumber.jpg
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Do I have to pick just one?

My daughter is engaged to a total ecto who eats like a work horse. It's astonishing. I mean - where in the world does he put it?

Good thing there's so many different opinions. I guess there really is somebody for anybody. Big bellies attractive?
  • blakejohn
    Options
    Size_does_matter.jpg
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    not this much muscles.......it turns to mush when you stop lifting.......
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Pfft. Little people.

I agree I've never been little!
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would say the bulkiest Meso or the mid Endo. To be really specific 5'10 between 175 - 220. That said, all three can look really good depending on the build, face and personality.
  • MOEMOEONTHERADIO
    MOEMOEONTHERADIO Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ecto. I just perfer it.
  • jflint86
    jflint86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 100% ecto (female). My husband is Meso...exactly what I am attracted to!! :love: I'm so teeny tiny myself, I want a guy who's taller and more muscular. The endo is a bit much for me, though. Meso is perfect :heart:
  • blakejohn
    Options
    I would say the bulkiest Meso or the mid Endo. To be really specific 5'10 between 175 - 220. That said, all three can look really good depending on the build, face and personality.

what do you know thats just my size :flowerforyou:
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    My preference is Meso. I think mainly because their body is balanced usually. Just enough muscle in the right places. Not top heavy, not too thick in the waist, usually a nice taper and not meat head looking with no neck. Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) comes to mind.
  • AZDreamgirl
    Options
    meso
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I dont go for the big build. I think ladies like the lean and tone look with some muscle. I cant see myself all HUGE. ;) Head in da game!
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Endo--my husband is an Endo--I like feeling like the smaller one.
  • ShiloughCoy
    Options
    ENDO!!! My man is an Endo, for sure...love that he is a huge mountain of man who also has to watch what he eats. Makes me feel less stupid for ordering a salad for lunch when we go out, because he's ordering one too! LOL
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I like all of the body types you described. I wouldn't say "no" to any one of the guys in the pictures you posted. My boyfriend falls in the ecto category though, so I guess you can say I prefer that one! lol
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    If the guys look like the ones in these photos, no, size does not matter! Fitness looks attractive at every size, to me. But then, I also do not have a "type." If you look at my exes, they don't look alike. I'm drawn by other things, and have a broad definition for what I find attractive.