Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Just purchased Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. Has anyone tried this or is currently doing it? Anyone have any results pictures?

Replies

• I have it but never committed to the 30 days! I am thinking of starting it soon though.
  • bizzyb581109
    bizzyb581109 Posts: 16 Member
    I have it but never committed either, maybe tomorrow is the day I should start, success so far has been zilch, maybe this will help??
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Finished it, but no pictures. I lost over 10 inches.
  • jade_131
    jade_131 Posts: 59 Member
    Just purchased Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. Has anyone tried this or is currently doing it? Anyone have any results pictures?

I am currently on Week 2! I can't wait for the results...
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    I just started week 2 today. I think I like her 30 Day Shred better, but I can't wait to see my results from this workout. :)
  • I'm only on day 8 but will be uploading photos simply because there are barely any out there! so many for 30DS (Which I've done and loved) but not so much love for RI30... weird
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Is it a short workout like 30DS?
  • I have 7 days left of 30 Day Shred and then I will be doing Ripped. A bunch of us are going to start it and will start a group:)
  • CooperA1979
    CooperA1979 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm on Day 3, Level 1 of Ripped.

It doesn't feel as though I work out as hard as I did on 30DS but my body is feeling it much more. Boy, do I ache today but in a good way :-)

I have got through to Level 3 before and stopped but this time I'm going for it!
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372 Member
    I've done the program all the way through several times, and now I'll do one of the workouts here and there. Love the programs!! I don't have any pictures, sorry, but I did lose quite a bit of weight with them and got stronger. Good luck!
  • Is it a short workout like 30DS?

It's a very similar set up to 30DS ... 3-2-1 process 3, rounds a warm up and cool down, .. the warm up and cool down are a little longer than 30DS but the strength (3 mins), cardio (2 mins) abs (1 min) is the same.

Only other difference is that for strength instead of a 30 second move and a 1 min move you have 3 30 second movies
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I'm planning to do it in November!
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    I'm doing week 1 workout 4 tonight, I'm doing it 3 times a week, not the 5 or 6 she recommends so my progress might be slower or results slightly less but I need to fit it in to my schedule in a realistic way, so I'm just glad I'm working out at all :)

Like someone above said, very similar to 30DS. The workout actually ends up being a bit longer because she takes more time in between moves to show you proper form, but the actual time spent (3 mins strength, 2 cardio, 1 abs x3) ends up the same.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Just purchased it yesterday! I'm starting today! I stuck to Insanity so I think I can stick to this.

30 days is easy!

C
  • I did two months of the Ripped in 30 before vacation in August! I really liked the results that I got from month 2. I will say this, you can do the Ripped in 30 in one month and see a difference, but my major change happened when I went my second round with 8 and 10 lbs weights. I was 155 in May and the day we left for Vacation I was 140. But I did do this hard core and stuck with 1500/cals a day. I didn't get the "ripped" look but I did lose weight around my middle and tone my arms very nicely!
    When we got back from vacation I didn't jump back on my diet! (I know shame shame shame) so now I am back up 7 lbs and will be starting Ripped in 30 this weekend. If you have any questions please ask. Or add me!
  • I justed finished week 1 and have decided to repeat. I tried week two and don't feel quite ready for it yet. I plan on doing each week twice all the way through and then do 30DS after. I didn't do any measurements before hand but did them last night for a baseline. I did loose around 4 lbs in the first week with sticking with a 1200-1500 calorie diet depending on exercise for the day and also trying to jog/run 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week. I am not a beginner to exercise (did 6 weeks of P90X) a few years but hadn't been doing anything but jogging for a year so I am ok with Cardio but mine do I have a long way to go with the strenghth training part. Hoping to do Insanity after all of this.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    I am on week 1 day 4 as another user and can already tell a diff in my legs (well the husband did lol) here is a post someone did on 30 day shred results:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/776642-end-of-30-day-shred
    BTW you can also do the 30DS on line for free-You tube is a wonderful thing, isn't it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

^u^ Good luck doll!!
  • On level 2, day 6/7 today and I realised why there arent many before and afters.... it's tougher than 30DS by a lot and I don't think the 7 days over 10 days program is as effective, so I bet a lot give up

*added after edit

For me 10 days got boring, so initially I thought 7 days and 4 levels would keep things more interesting! however for me 10 days went something like

day 1 - 3 - pain I hate you
    day 4 - 7 - I can kinda do this now
    day 8 - 10 - conquered this! damn I'm good!

I guess when you can do it is when it's time to step it up, but for me 7 days skips that final step of achievement which motivated me cause it was a reflection on how far I had come
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    I have done it twice! :))
    Is a great workout!!!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,241 Member
    I lost, I believe it was 9 inches doing Ripped. I blogged about it here (and there are lots of pics) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224/view/finishing-ripped-in-30-amazed-at-inches-lost-285798. This is one of my results pics as well.
    7461823074_57be0e7e5c_z.jpg

I liked Ripped a LOT better than I did 30DS, but I believe that I would've found it much more difficult if I hadn't done 30DS first.