Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options
Just purchased Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. Has anyone tried this or is currently doing it? Anyone have any results pictures?

Replies

• missashleybeth
    Options
    I have it but never committed to the 30 days! I am thinking of starting it soon though.
  • bizzyb581109
    bizzyb581109 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have it but never committed either, maybe tomorrow is the day I should start, success so far has been zilch, maybe this will help??
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Finished it, but no pictures. I lost over 10 inches.
  • jade_131
    jade_131 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just purchased Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. Has anyone tried this or is currently doing it? Anyone have any results pictures?

I am currently on Week 2! I can't wait for the results...
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just started week 2 today. I think I like her 30 Day Shred better, but I can't wait to see my results from this workout. :)
  • claire_90
    Options
    I'm only on day 8 but will be uploading photos simply because there are barely any out there! so many for 30DS (Which I've done and loved) but not so much love for RI30... weird
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Is it a short workout like 30DS?
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I have 7 days left of 30 Day Shred and then I will be doing Ripped. A bunch of us are going to start it and will start a group:)
  • CooperA1979
    CooperA1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3, Level 1 of Ripped.

It doesn't feel as though I work out as hard as I did on 30DS but my body is feeling it much more. Boy, do I ache today but in a good way :-)

I have got through to Level 3 before and stopped but this time I'm going for it!
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I've done the program all the way through several times, and now I'll do one of the workouts here and there. Love the programs!! I don't have any pictures, sorry, but I did lose quite a bit of weight with them and got stronger. Good luck!
  • claire_90
    Options
    Is it a short workout like 30DS?

It's a very similar set up to 30DS ... 3-2-1 process 3, rounds a warm up and cool down, .. the warm up and cool down are a little longer than 30DS but the strength (3 mins), cardio (2 mins) abs (1 min) is the same.

Only other difference is that for strength instead of a 30 second move and a 1 min move you have 3 30 second movies
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to do it in November!
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm doing week 1 workout 4 tonight, I'm doing it 3 times a week, not the 5 or 6 she recommends so my progress might be slower or results slightly less but I need to fit it in to my schedule in a realistic way, so I'm just glad I'm working out at all :)

Like someone above said, very similar to 30DS. The workout actually ends up being a bit longer because she takes more time in between moves to show you proper form, but the actual time spent (3 mins strength, 2 cardio, 1 abs x3) ends up the same.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Just purchased it yesterday! I'm starting today! I stuck to Insanity so I think I can stick to this.

30 days is easy!

C
  • J_Thebault
    Options
    I did two months of the Ripped in 30 before vacation in August! I really liked the results that I got from month 2. I will say this, you can do the Ripped in 30 in one month and see a difference, but my major change happened when I went my second round with 8 and 10 lbs weights. I was 155 in May and the day we left for Vacation I was 140. But I did do this hard core and stuck with 1500/cals a day. I didn't get the "ripped" look but I did lose weight around my middle and tone my arms very nicely!
    When we got back from vacation I didn't jump back on my diet! (I know shame shame shame) so now I am back up 7 lbs and will be starting Ripped in 30 this weekend. If you have any questions please ask. Or add me!
  • gottagetfitinMN
    Options
    I justed finished week 1 and have decided to repeat. I tried week two and don't feel quite ready for it yet. I plan on doing each week twice all the way through and then do 30DS after. I didn't do any measurements before hand but did them last night for a baseline. I did loose around 4 lbs in the first week with sticking with a 1200-1500 calorie diet depending on exercise for the day and also trying to jog/run 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week. I am not a beginner to exercise (did 6 weeks of P90X) a few years but hadn't been doing anything but jogging for a year so I am ok with Cardio but mine do I have a long way to go with the strenghth training part. Hoping to do Insanity after all of this.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am on week 1 day 4 as another user and can already tell a diff in my legs (well the husband did lol) here is a post someone did on 30 day shred results:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/776642-end-of-30-day-shred
    BTW you can also do the 30DS on line for free-You tube is a wonderful thing, isn't it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

^u^ Good luck doll!!
  • claire_90
    Options
    On level 2, day 6/7 today and I realised why there arent many before and afters.... it's tougher than 30DS by a lot and I don't think the 7 days over 10 days program is as effective, so I bet a lot give up

*added after edit

For me 10 days got boring, so initially I thought 7 days and 4 levels would keep things more interesting! however for me 10 days went something like

day 1 - 3 - pain I hate you
    day 4 - 7 - I can kinda do this now
    day 8 - 10 - conquered this! damn I'm good!

I guess when you can do it is when it's time to step it up, but for me 7 days skips that final step of achievement which motivated me cause it was a reflection on how far I had come
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have done it twice! :))
    Is a great workout!!!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I lost, I believe it was 9 inches doing Ripped. I blogged about it here (and there are lots of pics) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224/view/finishing-ripped-in-30-amazed-at-inches-lost-285798. This is one of my results pics as well.
    7461823074_57be0e7e5c_z.jpg

I liked Ripped a LOT better than I did 30DS, but I believe that I would've found it much more difficult if I hadn't done 30DS first.